- - - - -

Pokemon MMO: Switch or PC

• Please log in to reply

27 March 2018 - 08:07 PM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

Hey everyone, while pretty sure I'm not the only one wishing for an official Pokémon MMO to be made, especially with all the unofficial ones keep getting the boot by Nintendo.  And out of curiosity, how would you like it done?  An official one made by The Pokémon Company, that has GameFreak and Nintendo's names on it, for the Switch, or one, like with Pokémon Go, where Nintendo gets an outside source to create it for the PC?

For me, I would be cool with either or, even if they were to go back to combing the game with the mainline, like with the Switch, you can make a connection with the 3DS games, or with the PC one, make it possible to connect it with Pokémon Go, like how you play the Pokémon Stadium games on the N64 while connecting them to the Game Boy games.

28 March 2018 - 02:38 PM

Mod_Gunning

Senior Trainer

• Mod_Gunning

Hi GrewupGeek,

Personally I would like to see either as the way you describe them is really interesting! Although I have to say I love the way the company has taken with Pokémon Go.

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

28 March 2018 - 05:17 PM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

Actually, there IS a Pokemon MMO somewhere... And that haven't been booted by Nintendo. It's exactly like one of the classic Pokemon games, but multiplayer mode.

As surprising as it may sound, I'm kinda wishing that it gets booted, the game is a bit too much pay to win in my taste. And the developers didn't even coordinate with Nintendo. So technically, it's intellectual "borrowing without consent".

The game is shielded by Roblox, and it's called Pokemon Brick Bronze version. So not only the "it's just like YewTube" nonsense that Roblox says protects it from an easy booting, but the players who play the game also need to spend tons of Roblox currency to have a decent avatar.

Worse thing is, most of the other players of PBB seem to be culting around the developers, so there's going to be heavy resistance if Nintendo tries to shut it down. I estimate their daily players at 20 000 at the same time.

Edited by Princess_Aurora, 28 March 2018 - 05:20 PM.

Friendship is magic!

18 April 2018 - 11:50 PM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora
Yes!!! Pokemon Brick Bronze is deleted!! It has been booted by someone. The whole thing is down... I’ve always wanted to live to see it fall.

Best day ever!

Friendship is magic!

20 April 2018 - 05:15 AM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

I would love to see a full fledged pokeMMO on the pc and add some VR support while your at it ;)

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

21 April 2018 - 01:38 AM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

I'd have to agree with Mod_Alder. A Pokémon game with VR support needs to happen!

Moderator RedDragon

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

02 May 2018 - 03:48 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

With VR becoming more of a trend, I would be very surprised if we didn't see one eventually! An MMO is a very interesting idea. 

The open world exploring idea is really interesting to me. 

Moderator Jynthu
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!