Have 8k coins and 50 tickets, how to invest to improve my deck?

• Please log in to reply

27 March 2018 - 04:04 PM

Marza293929

Rookie Trainer

• Marza293929
Hi guys, wanna improve my deck to start playing seriously in standard mode, do you have some tips in how to invest coins/tickets? This is my current deck built with the cards I had and found in packs.
Pokémon - 12

1 Pidgeot-EX EVO 64
1 M Pidgeot-EX EVO 65
3 Gible UPR 96
2 Gabite UPR 98
2 Garchomp UPR 99
1 Buzzwole-<i>GX</i> CIN 57
1 Regirock-EX FCO 43
1 Zygarde-EX FCO 54

trainer - 27

1 bursting baloon BKP 97
2 crush hammer EPO 92
2 Lylia SUM 122
4 N DEX 96
4 Professor Platan BKP 107
3 energy recovery PRC 126
2 Cynthia UPR 119
4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
1 pumice stone BKT 137
4 Professor Kukui SUM 128

Energy - 21

21 fighting energy 6

Totale carte - 60

27 March 2018 - 04:52 PM

Lalamon

Novice Trainer

• Lalamon
Spend tickets playing events to win packs to trade for cards you need. If you think your deck is not that good play theme mode.
Use coins to get theme decks having cards you need. You can buy packs either but once you have a lot of locked cards, is no sense any more

Make attack line thicker to be consistent. Remove energies and add more trainers. The best decks have 9 to 14 energy no more

Everything for my kid  :wub:  So hard this is very competitive,

Sylveon the best https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokedex/sylveon

27 March 2018 - 04:53 PM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

The cheapest viable standard deck right now is Modified Mach Strike. Buy 2 Mach Strike, add some bits and pieces and you're all set.

Here's a sample decklist. It's not perfect and you may want to adjust some cards

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 4 Gible UPR 96
* 3 Gabite UPR 98
* 4 Garchomp UPR 99
* 2 Riolu UPR 66
* 2 Lucario UPR 67

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 3 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 2 Evosoda GEN 62
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 2 Super Rod BKT 149
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Town Map BKT 150
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 N NVI 101
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145
* 3 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137

##Energy - 10

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 6 Fighting Energy Energy 6

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

As for packs, I strongly recommend that you invest in Guardians Rising until you get 3-4 Tapu lele GX. Lele is the most useful and expensive GX right now and as such it's a long-term investment. 

27 March 2018 - 07:53 PM

Marza293929

Rookie Trainer

• Marza293929

The cheapest viable standard deck right now is Modified Mach Strike. Buy 2 Mach Strike, add some bits and pieces and you're all set.

Here's a sample decklist. It's not perfect and you may want to adjust some cards

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 4 Gible UPR 96
* 3 Gabite UPR 98
* 4 Garchomp UPR 99
* 2 Riolu UPR 66
* 2 Lucario UPR 67

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 3 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 2 Evosoda GEN 62
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 2 Super Rod BKT 149
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Town Map BKT 150
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 N NVI 101
* 1 Parallel City BKT 145
* 3 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137

##Energy - 10

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 6 Fighting Energy Energy 6

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

As for packs, I strongly recommend that you invest in Guardians Rising until you get 3-4 Tapu lele GX. Lele is the most useful and expensive GX right now and as such it's a long-term investment.

Wow! I have just tried it with few mods because I don't own all the trainers required but this deck is very powerful!

27 March 2018 - 11:38 PM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

And as you see and has been commented also, it goes with 10 energies.

The core of any deck are the trainers. Will make you get the desired card, in the right moment. that's why you build with +30 of them. The other, goes to pokémon and energies. And if you need something to play, add more than 1.

With the Garchomp deck example, 1 high HP hard hitter (Garchomp) and its evo line 4-1-4 to 4-3-4 with rare candies. Jumping over the middle stage wins you time as you don't plan to attack with that but to get the final stage ASAP. Unless something very special, like could be Servine FCO6 to use an ability.

Then add some partners, in this case, Lucario with Riolu. A consistent line to help the hitter (2-2, 2-3, 2-1...) and possible extra techs like Oranguru or like could be Tapu Lele GX and other.

The supporter staples for standard comprise more or less, always:

1-2 Sycamore

3-4 Cynthia

1-2 N

2-4 Guzma

4 UB (or any other solution in Ball form to search pokémon)

Also

2 Brigette if the deck demands her (Tapu Lele GX combo for 1st turn set up)
1-2 Acerola if fits the deck
Lillie (being more played recently)

Then the other trainers: Items (including tools) and stadiums. The most used items right now are

1-3 Float stone
1-3 Choice band
4 Puzzle of time
1-2 Field blower
Max elixir
Enhanced hammer

Rescue stretcher or Super rod are also widely used. Evosoda became important as a lot of GX are Stage 1. And Fighting fury belt for basics, Also Nest ball or whatever fits in the deck (Rare candy, Switch, Prof letter, Energy loto, Energy switch, Multi switch...)

The previous deck is a bit special. Garchomp needs Cynthia to hit for 200. And Lucario looks for any card in deck. That's why no Sycamore, and you play Pal pad (to recover the Cynthias). That's why no Sycamore and no Guzma for example, your supporter have to be Cynthia, all turns.

And finally, the lower amount of energy to make it work. And 10 is good.

So in your deck you could play with Garchomp as hitter. Or with Buzzwole. Or with Zygarde. Or with a mix, even though, if Garchomp, you need more space for the evo line+candies as it's a stage 2. And you should want to focus on Garchomp's. And if you prefer Buzzwole, or Buzz/Zygarde, then remove all Garchomp to have a lot of space and get 3 Buzz and 2 Zygarde, or 4 of one. And a couple of Regirock to help hit harder.

Pidgeot could be a good spare tech, although the Mega is not as good as attacker and you need also the Link to don't loose a turn. Again, out of your main strategy, you could add one, as tech. But if it's going to be important, then add 2, 3 or 4, for consistency. You don't want something you need is prized. On the other side, adding so much Pidgeot, then you should focus your strategy on a different deck and it's actually not so good. It never seen high level play not even when released (so I would remove it to make space).

As for trainers, add some more staples. It depends on if you want to make a Garchomp deck, or just another mix or different deck but, choose a core close to the staple.

Finally cut the energies to 13 to start, and try, what you miss, what you don't use, make changes, remove energies, add techs, change items... That's how a good deck is made :)

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

XY Theme decks review: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/27938-the-best-xy-theme-deck-info-poll

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista

28 March 2018 - 12:20 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi
^ Doing Mach Strike GX without Sycamore is.....hard. If there's a way to make that work, please let me know

09 April 2018 - 05:44 PM

Xerxes8134

Novice Trainer

• Xerxes8134

I only spend coins when a new set drops, which allows me to accumulate the max 25,000 (I think it is) between sets. Then, when the new set drops, I blow the entire bank on the new theme decks and packs. That'll get you "play" copies of most cards you need or want.

Focusing on the VS rewards ladder and daily challenges will cause tickets to accumulate almost by accident. When you have time you can use those to get tradeable packs you can then trade for the "big" cards you need to complete whatever decks you're working on.

Of course, buying real packs and scanning the codes works too.

10 April 2018 - 01:00 AM

Princess_Aurora

Trainer

• Princess_Aurora
Yeah... Tickets are easier to obtain than what a lot of player believe. If you do the full VS ladder, you’ll get 17 Tickets. Combine it with the occasional drop from Mystery Gifts, and you get a pretty neat stack of them.

Coins are incredibly easy to get, provided that you didn’t max your daily challenges. Mystery Gifts usually drop 50 coins, but you can sometime get amounts such as 300 or 400 if you’re lucky. VS ladder awards a respectable amount of coins, and if you play tournaments, 1st or 2nd place can supply you a decent amount of them as well.

Friendship is magic!