Abundence of coins?

• Please log in to reply

26 March 2018 - 02:37 PM

GazFamBoys

Rookie Trainer

• GazFamBoys

What should I do with all these coins now that we cant use them for tourneys? I have a ton of decks so not really interested in them. Buy packs? If so which might give a chance for good return? Thanks in advance!

26 March 2018 - 02:51 PM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

What should I do with all these coins now that we cant use them for tourneys? I have a ton of decks so not really interested in them. Buy packs? If so which might give a chance for good return? Thanks in advance!

Some notable pack choices (or 2 if you only care about standard):

- Guardians Rising (unless you have 3-4 Leles)

- Burning Shadows (probably next best pack to invest on if you already have 3-4 Leles, unless you already have all the good stuff in it of course)

- Roaring Skies (Shaymin EX, but only in expanded and not as popular as before so....)

- Triumphant (Junk Arms, some useful Primes especially Celebi Prime, but legacy tourneys are kaput so....probably not that great anymore) 

So unless you really, really, REALLY want a specific card from a specific set, go with Guardians Rising

Edited by BowserLuigi, 26 March 2018 - 02:51 PM.

26 March 2018 - 03:17 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

At some point, beyond the mentioned packs, if you're actually reaching the limit and have all the cards you currently want, You'll be buying avatar clothes.

I'm nowhere near that. I'm still a few hundred away from buying the last of the theme decks.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

26 March 2018 - 05:11 PM

GazFamBoys

Rookie Trainer

• GazFamBoys

Thanks for the replys, I decided to buy 21 packs of guardians rising and I got 1 Tapu Lele and i was only working with 2 so now I have three. Everything else either already had or was of no use. But i am happy with that.

26 March 2018 - 05:28 PM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

Thanks for the replys, I decided to buy 21 packs of guardians rising and I got 1 Tapu Lele and i was only working with 2 so now I have three. Everything else either already had or was of no use. But i am happy with that.

Sooooo worth it

27 March 2018 - 06:22 PM

GazFamBoys

Rookie Trainer

• GazFamBoys

bought 50 more, no more lele's! should of stopped when i was ahead.

27 March 2018 - 08:54 PM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

I would keep it to get Forbidden light next week. If you can get so much packs, worth spend the coins when a new set is released, to get the new good cards.soon and take advantage in your decks against other players that still didn't get it.

Edited by Chasista, 27 March 2018 - 08:54 PM.

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

5th day reward packs list http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/56679-5th-day-log-in-pack-is-random-got-a-gur-dd/?p=593037

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista

28 March 2018 - 05:28 AM

iyado166

Elite Trainer

• iyado166

I would keep it to get Forbidden light next week. If you can get so much packs, worth spend the coins when a new set is released, to get the new good cards.soon and take advantage in your decks against other players that still didn't get it.

you should read "next month" as the next set release date is 4 May :)

So you have time to get more tokens 

Now hosting the Sun & Moon League tournament
>))))">.o ..>))))">.o ..>))))">.o ..>))))">.o ..>))))">.o ..>))))">

28 March 2018 - 10:32 AM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

you should read "next month" as the next set release date is 4 May :)

So you have time to get more tokens 

You right.

@GazFamBoys: If you can save tokens again, you can keep it a bit.

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

5th day reward packs list http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/56679-5th-day-log-in-pack-is-random-got-a-gur-dd/?p=593037

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista

28 March 2018 - 05:46 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello Trainers,

Thank you for the helpful suggestions! 

GazFamBoys, congratulations on receiving the Tapu Lele from a pack!

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

28 March 2018 - 05:52 PM

ShannonBK

Novice Trainer

• ShannonBK

At some point, beyond the mentioned packs, if you're actually reaching the limit and have all the cards you currently want, You'll be buying avatar clothes.

I'm nowhere near that. I'm still a few hundred away from buying the last of the theme decks.

There is a coin limit? How much?

TY

29 March 2018 - 03:32 AM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

There is a coin limit? How much?

TY

High enough. It warns you when it starts to get close. I've never gotten close, and don't remember what the number is.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

29 March 2018 - 11:22 AM

ShannonBK

Novice Trainer

• ShannonBK
Ok so I guess it's a bunch. Not like 7k or 14k, a lot more

Ty

Edited by ShannonBK, 29 March 2018 - 11:23 AM.

29 March 2018 - 11:42 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

High enough. It warns you when it starts to get close. I've never gotten close, and don't remember what the number is.

Iirc it's 24999. I never reached this amount though so I can't say for certain

Edited by BowserLuigi, 29 March 2018 - 11:43 AM.

30 March 2018 - 02:43 AM

Toklopo

Senior Trainer

• Toklopo

It's actually 25000, but unless you had - for example - 24995 and got another 5 from winning a VS match then the counter will not go up to 25000. If you end with up 24996 then you can reach 25000 by winning 2 matches against an opponent with "advantage" (in this case the 2 extra coins will get added to the counter but not the rest) otherwise the counter will stop either at 24996/7/8/9 unless you get 1 or 2 coins as a reward for winning something. So if one has OCD (like me lol) then they can even it out by *le gasp* winning a match against one of the trainer challenge bots since you get 1 coin as a reward, or by winning against "advantage" on the ladder, as mentioned before. So basically the method of reaching the coin limit will come down to whether you had odd or even number of coins before you reached the maximum amount.

I'm sure there is a perfectly simple explanation as to why it works like that, but since I'm not a programmer I cannot name the exact reason as to why the counter functions the way it does.

Edited by Toklopo, 30 March 2018 - 03:01 AM.