[MAC] Patching - Unable to Update Game

• Please log in to reply

22 March 2018 - 01:19 AM

NateDaBous

Rookie Trainer

• NateDaBous

So I decided to play a little TCGO because I had some free time. I turn on my MacBook Air, logged in, booted TCGO and the update started. It was fast at first then it hit 50% and said "Unpacking (this may take several minutes)...". At the time it was 4:00PM Central Time USA but it is now 8:00PM Central Time and says the same thing. I did restart the game regretfully and I do think that I may have caused more damage than help. So what is my solution? I was thinking uninstalling TCGO and then installing it back but theres no uninstall package. Anyway I can uninstall TCGO? Thank you.-Nate

22 March 2018 - 05:13 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

So I decided to play a little TCGO because I had some free time. I turn on my MacBook Air, logged in, booted TCGO and the update started. It was fast at first then it hit 50% and said "Unpacking (this may take several minutes)...". At the time it was 4:00PM Central Time USA but it is now 8:00PM Central Time and says the same thing. I did restart the game regretfully and I do think that I may have caused more damage than help. So what is my solution? I was thinking uninstalling TCGO and then installing it back but theres no uninstall package. Anyway I can uninstall TCGO? Thank you.-Nate

Sorry, it's unclear to me (from your post) whether it stalled updating from the App Store or the Refresher within PTCGO itself.  Either way, I hope some of this helps.

1.  You should definitely look at this forum post, at the very top of the Technical Support section, if nothing else, for general information...

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55131-mac-os-1012-or-higher-patcher-stalls-at-50-troubleshooting/

2.  All of your data (cards, stats, decks, etc.) is stored on The Pokémon Company's servers.  You don't need to worry about losing your stuff.  It's safe to uninstall, but you may have to (or want to) download the Card Cache afterward (it's in Settings).  This cache is the majority of space needed, and helps so your cards load faster, rather than one by one.

3.  I actually had a problem updating my iPad this time, and think Apple was having issues with the App Store.  It was a very long several minutes for me too, but not quite what you're experiencing.

4.  As far as "how to uninstall" the app, did you do something to make Google unhappy?

To uninstall apps you purchased from the Mac App Store, hold down an app’s icon in Launchpad until all the icons begin to jiggle. Click an app’s delete button (x).
If an icon doesn’t have a delete button, it can’t be uninstalled. For example, apps that come with OS X can’t be uninstalled.

To uninstall other apps, drag the app to the Trash (located at the end of the Dock), then choose Finder > Empty Trash.
If you change your mind, before emptying the Trash, select the app in the Trash, then choose File > Put Back.
Warning: When you empty the Trash, the app is permanently removed from your Mac. If you have any files that you created with the app, you may not be able to open them.

P.S.  This is actually a Technical Support issue, so don't be surprised if the Mods have moved it.

Edited by RobRatt, 22 March 2018 - 05:39 AM.

22 March 2018 - 09:10 PM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

Hey there!

I moved your post into the tech support area as this is a technical issue. As RobRatt mentioned, it would be a good idea to try uninstalling using the steps he linked to. If you continue to run into any issues you can also open a support ticket. To open a ticket simply click the link on my signature and select the "Ask a Question" option. 

Moderator RedDragon
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

08 September 2018 - 03:27 PM

Confusion135

Rookie Trainer

• Confusion135
I have the same problem every time and have to google the answer every time which is how I found your post. This solution works. I'm not sure if external links are allowed so I will quote the solution below just in case but here is the source:

[url="**************************************************************************************************"]**************************************************************************************************[/url]

Right click the app in Finder, 'show package contents', then in the folder MacOS>Pokémon Trading Card Game Online, which is a Unix Executable. Open that, let the techno jumbo go on, the game loads!

08 September 2018 - 09:41 PM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Hello there Confusion135.

Posting links to external websites is not allowed on the forums, but thank you for writing out your solution so other players can try it. 

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!