[NEWSLETTERS] General - Not receiving newsletters

• Please log in to reply

06 April 2018 - 03:49 AM

littenfan25

Rookie Trainer

• littenfan25

I have been waiting for my 4 codes in my email and I'm trying to tell you guys I didn't have the newsletter also I'm upset because of it also bring back the codes also my Gmail account is [Please do not post personal information in the forum - Thank you, Mod_Jube] also I can't complete the pokemon in March also I'm asking you TPCI please do it so I would be happy even though I really love to play Sun Moon and Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon though I feel so sad that my letter didn't come also I guess Heatran and Regigigas won't go to my 4 games also I wanted you guys to tell me the problem since I'm a big fan  :(

Edited by Mod_Jube, 12 April 2018 - 07:49 PM.
Please do not post personal information in the forum.

06 April 2018 - 05:33 PM

DarienP

Rookie Trainer

• DarienP

Just want to add that the same thing happened to me. I am very certain that I signed up before March 1 and that "receive promotional emails" was checked. I am very certain that my email address was correct, as I got the confirmation email that I had created an account. I have searched through my entire spam folder for the month of March twice (and that was an unpleasant experience; there are subject lines in there that I do not care to repeat). No newsletter and no legendary Pokemon.

I am adding my voice to the others here that promotional distributions should not be done by newsletter any more, if the Pokemon company cannot handle the technical side of it. I also hope that the Pokemon company issues a re-do, because it sounds like there are a lot more people who missed out than who actually got the Pokemon this month.

06 April 2018 - 07:37 PM

Silverlink64

Rookie Trainer

• Silverlink64

It has been 2 weeks now that I have put in a ticket and no word. This is the forth time I've put in a ticket about this issue of not getting the newsletters.

15 April 2018 - 04:05 AM

Silverlink64

Rookie Trainer

• Silverlink64

They marked my ticket for not getting the news letter as resolved with out fixing it. All they did was give me the code for last months give away, but did not fix the not receiving the news letter. I have not received this months news letter and as of right now be right back to putting in a ticket next time there's a give away.

17 April 2018 - 06:52 PM

ChampMasterJose

Rookie Trainer

• ChampMasterJose
I am also having these technical difficulties where I thought I have been opted in to receive newsletters for a long time now, but haven’t recieved anything. The opt in button was checked, so I opted out, saved, then opted back in to see if that would work but nothing back in Febuary. Today my brother has texted me that he has recieved a newsletter for a free code for a booster pack for TCG Online and I haven’t. What is interesting though is that I searched through my emails using one of the recommended methods mention by the moderators, which was the searching “pokemon@email.pokemon.com” suggestion. The last email that I recieved from from the newsletter was on Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 9:04am. This email was titled “Last chance to keep getting the Pokémon Trainer Club Newsletter!” I never looked through that newsletter as it was still marked as unread. Since then I haven’t recieved anymore newsletters. If it is a problem from your part, then it could have stemmed from that email or update or whatever it is that was changed on that date. Just a suggestion.

Edited by ChampMasterJose, 17 April 2018 - 07:07 PM.

17 April 2018 - 09:36 PM

SZvenKruspe007

Rookie Trainer

• SZvenKruspe007

Hi here!

I got 3 accounts here and the check on the box to receive newsletters and I never got ONE newsletters! And this account create a few years ago.. And never get a newsletters on my 3 accounts! Not just ONE but THREE!

I HOPE Zygarde Shiny came on with the WIFI gift! Not with this st*** newsletters...

I got: "pokemon@email.pokemon.com" <pokemon@email.pokemon.com> in my contact and "Pokémon Customer Service" <noreply@pokemon.com> too... nothing!

I make a research on the internet and I found MANY MANY people got the same problem... (One of my account create in 2011)

SO !?!?!

(Sorry for my bad English)

Edited by SZvenKruspe007, 17 April 2018 - 09:41 PM.

18 April 2018 - 03:13 PM

1Pokedad

Rookie Trainer

• 1Pokedad

Much appreciation to the Pokémon Co. for allaying my concerns and providing my son with a code for the March promotion! Hopefully we will receive the April newsletter without issue.

18 April 2018 - 05:52 PM

Wendigobob

Rookie Trainer

• Wendigobob

Heya folks,

The april newsletter is supposed to have been sent, and me, as well as many others, have not received it.

As I know a lack of information can be frustrating (and there is very little actual information on the subject of the newsletters not being sent), I thought I would share some of what I've learned talking to support concerning the march newsletter.

As far as I have been told, they don't have access to the database containing the emails of everyone who gets the newsletter. They only know if you're marked as opt-in or not.

The problem is being worked on, though they did not have any information beyond that. It's likely being taken care of by a completely different department.

So, for everybody frustrated about the newsletter, send (polite) messages to support; they don't have that much more information than us. In the end, if we don't say something isn't working, they wont know, so contacting support is important.

Hope this helps at least a person or two.

18 April 2018 - 06:28 PM

CelticMagician

Rookie Trainer

• CelticMagician

Same problem as just about everyone else here.

Been signed up on this website for years with being opted into receiving newsletters. Haven't had any troubles with it until just this year. I have now failed to receive the newsletters with the codes from March and April 2018. I have done all the troubleshooting steps to no avail. 

I've just placed in a ticket in hopes of receiving some answers, though I am aware I likely won't get anything from it than what has already been stated thus far on this thread. However, I will add that this can't simply be a user-related problem. It's too widespread for one, and furthermore, no solution has been found as of yet. Something is up, and I do hope that we can get to the bottom of things sooner rather than later.

18 April 2018 - 10:07 PM

Darkarma

Rookie Trainer

• Darkarma

Misery loves company. I've been a member since 2014, stopped receiving them in 2015. For the most part I haven't really minded but now... I kind want to receive them but no dice.

19 April 2018 - 06:55 PM

Silverlink64

Rookie Trainer

• Silverlink64

They just updated their support pages and now I cant access my ticket for not receiving news letters now.

23 April 2018 - 04:14 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

They just updated their support pages and now I cant access my ticket for not receiving news letters now.

Hello Silverlink64,

We recently changed support systems and while you may not have access to tickets previously submitted via the support portal, you should still receive updates to your ticket by email. Thank you for your patience while our Support Team works to address all of the tickets that they have received regarding newsletters!

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

23 April 2018 - 06:46 PM

Silverlink64

Rookie Trainer

• Silverlink64

I sorry to say I do not have any more patience on this issue anymore. That was the 5th ticket I've put in about this issue and all I got for an answer is to check the box to receive the email despite the fact that in the ticket I said I'm signed up for the newsletter. Now I have a ticket marked as resolved that was not. I do not understand why you guy refuse to fix the issue. I'm not the only one with this issue as seen on this forum and Its clearly not on our end.

23 April 2018 - 07:36 PM

Ali012687

Rookie Trainer

• Ali012687

I'm not receiving the newsletter either, not since october of last year, I have also been opted in for the newsletter and have checked the spam and promotions tabs as well and got nothing, maybe pokemon should be distributing these legendaries another way so that everyone who plays the games gets a fair shot at getting these rare pokemon!

24 April 2018 - 07:17 AM

Mod_Gunning

Trainer

• Mod_Gunning
Hi Ali012687,

I'd suggest that you send a ticket to the support team so they can investigate this error further.
To submit a ticket, click the link in my signature, sign in, and then click "Ask a Question". 

Thank you for your patience. 

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

24 April 2018 - 01:51 PM

Wendigobob

Rookie Trainer

• Wendigobob

Hi Ali012687,

I'd suggest that you send a ticket to the support team so they can investigate this error further.
To submit a ticket, click the link in my signature, sign in, and then click "Ask a Question". 

Thank you for your patience. 

I would like to note, that with the new system "Ask a question" is not an option, it is now called "contact us", and can only be selected after having chosen a specific section (General, website, etc.), under all the FAQ questions. I'll admit this system has been changed pretty radically. How can we verify that our tickets are still in the system?

I appreciate the effort being made to create a better system, but I am affraid this will simply make our old tickets dissapear.

Thanks for your time,

Wendigo

Edited by Wendigobob, 24 April 2018 - 02:46 PM.

24 April 2018 - 03:24 PM

Darkarma

Rookie Trainer

• Darkarma

Mod_Gunning, on 24 Apr 2018 - 03:17 AM, said: Mod_Gunning, on 24 Apr 2018 - 03:17 AM, said: Hi Ali012687, I'd suggest that you send a ticket to the support team so they can investigate this error further. To submit a ticket, click the link in my signature, sign in, and then click "Ask a Question". Thank you for your patience.

I actually did this already.

They reiterated their FAQs information and closed the ticket using a canned message from a previous ticket about someone complaining. Specifically their canned mentioned, that they were sorry for not receiving March. I pointed out specifically that the newletters I'd been receiving had come in for over a year, randomly cut out for four years after that and I already double checked that I was signed up for the newsletters earlier this year and was.

I asked specifically for verification as to whether or not I was in their system since my side had been confirmed and their email was whitelisted in google. I have some experience in working IT and working ticketing/incident systems for customer service. For something as massive as pokemon...

I can understand canned messages. I work with canned messages for when people don't read. However this should not have been the case. At the moment I can't even view my ticket because of the website update.

Also, why can I not say the following?

"I

Live

By

Them"

The heck?

Edited by Darkarma, 24 April 2018 - 03:27 PM.

24 April 2018 - 03:54 PM

Wendigobob

Rookie Trainer

• Wendigobob

I asked specifically for verification as to whether or not I was in their system since my side had been confirmed and their email was whitelisted in google. I have some experience in working IT and working ticketing/incident systems for customer service. For something as massive as pokemon...

I asked the same question last month, and was insistent enough that I eventually got a real person (or a scarily effective script) though it took easily a month. They said they had no access to the database containing the list of emails, but someone was working on it. I pushed a bit further, but they said they had no further info, nor could they connect me to someone who had the info.

Which is unfortunate; I know a lot of people would be more patient (myself included) if GF publicly addressed the issue and explained a bit the concrete efforts being put to solve it. The uncertainty & feeling I'm not being listened to has become  a lot more frustrating than not receiving the newsletter in the first place. The whole point of me sending my first support messages was to ensure I would get the next newsletter, and they were not able to do so (and closed the ticket after saying so).

In any case, have a nice day,

Wendigo

Edited by Wendigobob, 24 April 2018 - 04:07 PM.

24 April 2018 - 06:26 PM

Ali012687

Rookie Trainer

• Ali012687
Hi Mod_Gunning

I previously put in about six tickets eventually they sent me a code for the march distribution, but now that the website is changing I can't seem to even put in another ticket I get so far but when it tells me to add what kind of video game question I have it's not letting me type anything in so without that I cannot send a ticket. I have looked for a phone number but can't find one. 

24 April 2018 - 07:30 PM

Silverlink64

Rookie Trainer

• Silverlink64

I'm on my sixth ticket as well. I wish this was Nintendo support instead they fix the problem in no time.