[NEWSLETTERS] General - Not receiving newsletters

• Please log in to reply

26 March 2018 - 12:40 PM

Lucas_l1994

Rookie Trainer

• Lucas_l1994
Hello. The same happened to me. I created this account on January, and last month I ticked the box to receive the newsletter, and I still haven't gotten it. I made sure to check every folder on my mail just in case. I hope this can be fixed.
Thanks.

26 March 2018 - 04:10 PM

KoRayven

Rookie Trainer

• KoRayven

Fun fact: apparently every player in my country that I have contacted about the newsletter codes report not getting any codes because everyone who entered their home country (Philippines) and got the newsletter received the EU version despite virtually every store in the country selling the NA version. You effectively gave EU newsletters to a predominantly NA-playing country. Good show. Contact Maxsoft if you want to confirm that the instructions in the newsletters you gave an entire country don't work for said country. This is just disgraceful.

26 March 2018 - 04:45 PM

majentafer

Rookie Trainer

• majentafer

I didn't receive my newsletter and I've received everything since 2013, which is when I opted in for the newsletter. I've done a search of my email, everywhere in it, it's not there. I've also already started a topic on it that has been flagged for follow up, but haven't gotten a reply to it since the 19th. (it's the 24 today)

26 March 2018 - 05:43 PM

JondGames

Rookie Trainer

• JondGames

I too have yet to receive any code for multiple emails. Checked my inbox, promotions tab in Gmail, and spam folder basically every day this month and nothing. Searched Pokemon multiple times but all I find are my activation emails. Confirmed I was signed up for promotional material in the accounts back in February.

I don't expect the issue to be solved this late in the month, but for future distributions this caused a lot of people unnecessary stress, and left many without this month's event.

26 March 2018 - 08:39 PM

shinyferrothorn

Rookie Trainer

• shinyferrothorn

Also didn't get anything and I made this account in Feb just to receive the code.

26 March 2018 - 09:32 PM

stardebris

Rookie Trainer

• stardebris

I created my pokemon trainer account a bit too late to get the legendary birds a few years ago. This past February, prior to the first of March, I made perfectly sure that I had ticked all the boxes to receive the pokemon newsletter. I use gmail. Nothing has appeared in promotions, spam, or otherwise. I have searched my account for pokemon and only have my initial signup emails and prior pokemon game purchases, no newsletter.

I would advocate for alternative methods of attaining gift pokemon. I have no interest in creating multiple accounts in an attempt to game the system, I just want to be able to receive what is being offered. I also own a copy of Pokemon Sun and a copy of Pokemon Ultra Moon, so a method that allows me to get the pokemon for each version would be ideal.

27 March 2018 - 02:48 AM

AZJaguar

Rookie Trainer

• AZJaguar
@Mod_RedDragon
I went to the link you said
I got this

Insufficient *******************

There was an Unexpected Error. Error ID: 1b50e1a4-9f89-4a16-aa74-6cca2fa0c5b1

I too was hoping to get the legend this month. Followed all the steps and was in before the deadline. I was hoping to collect all the legendaries being offered this year.

27 March 2018 - 12:13 PM

PALIN0IA

Rookie Trainer

• PALIN0IA

Nice to see I'm not the only one experiencing the issue of not receiving the newsletter.  I've been checking my email daily since March 1st.  Inbox, social, promotions, spam, all of them; not one of them contain the newsletter.  I followed the steps, made sure I was signed up prior to the cut-off date, had receiving emails check, aaaaaaaaaand nothing.

Considering how many people are experiencing this, there's a clear problem stemming from this site's end, not the users.  And, if I'm being candid, I'm more than a little peeved at doing what I was supposed to do and not receiving the promised product for doing so.

EDITing to say that I attempted to submit a question ticket as recommended by a mod earlier in the tread and received essentially the same message as AZJaguar:

Insufficient Account Information

There was an Unexpected Error. Error ID: bf207bb5-924d-45b7-aa84-9736810d6e99

So how are we supposed to deal with this if even the support is a failure?

Edited by PALIN0IA, 27 March 2018 - 12:18 PM.

27 March 2018 - 12:29 PM

Mod_GuruLot

• Mod_GuruLot

@Mod_RedDragon
I got this

I too was hoping to get the legend this month. Followed all the steps and was in before the deadline. I was hoping to collect all the legendaries being offered this year.

Hello there AZ_Jaguar, 

Thank you for letting us know. 

I'd suggest that you send a ticket to the support team so they can investigate this error further.
To submit a ticket, click the link in my signature, sign in, and then click "Ask a Question". 

Thank you for your patience. 

Best, 
Mod_Gurulot
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

For more help from the Support Team visit the support portal and submit your ticket!

Prior to posting in the forum, please check out the forum rules here.

27 March 2018 - 07:12 PM

Noble-Latios

Rookie Trainer

• Noble-Latios

Thanks to Rookie Trainer Post i do not know what to Post as i do not like to Be ban or anything. But I Did not get the Newsletter and Reporting it dose not Help me much.

So I do not know what to do as i hate Spaming The Ticket/Support for something they can't help me with. So I Hope someone can Tell Nintendo or Pokemon at there Newletter had a Bug.

Edited by Noble-Latios, 27 March 2018 - 07:40 PM.

27 March 2018 - 07:30 PM

Silverlink64

Rookie Trainer

• Silverlink64

Watch out Noble-Latios they block another person on the forum called Silversaiyn for saying the putting in a ticket doesn't work and upvoting comments

27 March 2018 - 08:48 PM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

@Mod_RedDragon
I got this

Nice to see I'm not the only one experiencing the issue of not receiving the newsletter.  I've been checking my email daily since March 1st.  Inbox, social, promotions, spam, all of them; not one of them contain the newsletter.  I followed the steps, made sure I was signed up prior to the cut-off date, had receiving emails check, aaaaaaaaaand nothing.

Considering how many people are experiencing this, there's a clear problem stemming from this site's end, not the users.  And, if I'm being candid, I'm more than a little peeved at doing what I was supposed to do and not receiving the promised product for doing so.

EDITing to say that I attempted to submit a question ticket as recommended by a mod earlier in the tread and received essentially the same message as AZJaguar:

Insufficient Account Information

There was an Unexpected Error. Error ID: bf207bb5-924d-45b7-aa84-9736810d6e99

So how are we supposed to deal with this if even the support is a failure?

Trainers,

If you are having any trouble accessing the support portal, please email the support team at techhelp@pokemon.com. The error you are getting could be due to multiple accounts. The support team should be able look into this further and figure out what is going on that is preventing you from creating a ticket. 

Moderator RedDragon
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

28 March 2018 - 01:13 AM

Zolala

Rookie Trainer

• Zolala

I've had this account and opted in before March 1st but still no letter. I've submitted a ticket but I'm not totally sure if I sent it under the proper settings. I chose Technical Support/Account Settings so I hope that was the proper settings.

28 March 2018 - 03:04 AM

IzzyOtaku

Rookie Trainer

• IzzyOtaku

Honestly this all seems pointless. Ive been experiencing the same issue, I have a support ticket and have been "talking" to a support agent, but I keep getting the same robotic, copy-paste, responding runaround. Its obvious they don't have a real solution to this issue, and have no intention of actually fixing/helping the players experiencing the issue. If they did they would try to generate a code for the players experiencing the issue, but they all keep saying try to do this or that, even though they also clearly say "Unfortunately, we are not able to resend or generate newsletters for any player." So its almost useless to even try at this point because I see no real solution being offered, and Ive never seen such an issue before with a company trying to send newsletters to its consumers. This month I managed to receive 3 Pokemon Go emails (even though I havent played that in forever), and 2 different emails from the Pokemon Company. 1 Was about the Charizard DX Figure, Collectible Pins, and Playmats, and another was about Detective Pikachu. And according to multiple People that I have talked to who did receive their code, I was supposed to get it in the email containing the Charizard DX Figure but didnt. 

29 March 2018 - 12:21 AM

marvinb12

Rookie Trainer

• marvinb12

I also have not got the news letter signed up a while ago,  made sure i marked send news letters button in February.  I have waited till the end of the month to post, to give you a chance.

30 March 2018 - 12:39 AM

Zolala

Rookie Trainer

• Zolala

I just hope this is either fixed by June or that the shiny Zygarde isn't delegated to this cockamamie method of release. At least the others you can get some other way in the game. Zygrade is shiny locked.

01 April 2018 - 12:01 PM

Aeylio

Rookie Trainer

• Aeylio

Well march is over, never received the newsletter. I contacted support over a week ago, never heard from them. I guess to all of those that didn't receive the newsletter it's oh well tuff luck? Is anything being done about this? Should I just accept it and move on? Are the rest of the legendary distributions going to be a failure like this one? Should we all just forget about them and save ourselves the headache?

04 April 2018 - 06:12 AM

SZvenKruspe

Rookie Trainer

• SZvenKruspe

Same here.. I got my account create a few years ago.. and I have the newsletter box check but I never got the March legendary code... I hope I got it this mouth............ (Canada) ..
Not cool ! <_<

Edited by SZvenKruspe, 04 April 2018 - 06:13 AM.

04 April 2018 - 11:01 PM

ChaosElementX

Rookie Trainer

• ChaosElementX

My sister and I both never got the newsletter either (in America). We use Gmail. I have been receiving newsletters and emails from pokemon@email.pokemon.com since 2014. When I search my mailbox for emails from this address, I find out that the last newsletter I got was from December 2017. They just stopped abruptly after the new year. I am still checked for promotional materials in my Trainer Club account settings.

This does not seem to be a Gmail issue, but it is on TPCi's end. We are able to receive emails confirming support tickets and password changes with our Trainer Club account. Yet, no newsletters. A system needs to be in place to test-send a general newsletter for subscribers. We lose time and opportunity for events trying to go back and forth on this issue, wasting a month at a time testing each troubleshooting recommendation.

That, or TPCi should suggest an email service provider that DEFINITELY works with their emails.

05 April 2018 - 12:29 AM

Zolala

Rookie Trainer

• Zolala

I got all emails about resetting my password and half a dozen other things. I got an email confirming my report but that was the last thing I've gotten from the Pokemon Company.

"We response within 48 hours" and that was back on the 27th of March. Even factoring in the holiday I should have had some sort of reply.

The fact that they cant generate a new newsletter for people who never received it is beyond unprofessional.

"Its YOUR email."

"YOU didn't do something right."

"It MUST be on YOUR end."

I am BEGGING you. Please NEVER send codes in this way again. Not until you develop some back up plan so you can actually help people who have problems.

I'm not necessarily blaming the mods or the help desk people. Y'all are probably just giving the responses that your told to give. The people in charge of the sites inner workings and the emailing system itself are to blame here.