[NEWSLETTERS] General - Not receiving newsletters

• Please log in to reply

20 March 2018 - 02:56 AM

autogatos

Rookie Trainer

• autogatos
Hi there. I started playing the game back in January and opted into the newsletter when I created my account, but so far I’ve never received a single email. I’ve heard from others who get the newsletter that at least two codes for newsletter subscribers have gone out since Ike been subscribed, but I never got any of them. :/

Is there any way to get those codes I missed, or at the very least, ensure I actually get the newsletter in the future? I know it’s a small thing, but as a new player I was excited about the offer of free gifts for subscribers so it’s been disappointing to never receive anything when others do.

I DO receive emails for other Pokémon games (like Pokémon go) but none for the TCG. And I have checked my spam folder and promotions tab.

20 March 2018 - 09:39 AM

Mod_Vengr

• Mod_Vengr

Hello autogatos,

Customers who did not sign up for a PTC account and ‘opt-in’ for marketing email messages prior to the first of the month will not start receiving newsletters until the following month. Unfortunately, we are not able to resend or generate newsletters for any player. If you did sign up and ‘opt-in’ before the beginning of the month, please try the troubleshooting steps below.

If you have not received your newsletter, there are a number of things you can check.

• The Pokémon Trainer Club newsletter may be filtered as “promotional material” or “spam” by many email service providers.
  • If you use a Microsoft or a Yahoo email, be sure to check your spam and/or junk folder regularly. If the newsletter is in this folder, make sure to mark it as “not spam” to be able to view the newsletter and to receive it in your regular inbox going forward. If you have the “Focused Inbox” enabled, toggle to the “Other” view to check for the newsletter there.
  • If you use Google Gmail or an email that runs through Gmail, the newsletter will very likely be sent to your Promotions tab (rather than the default Primary tab).
  • Make sure to open the newsletter when you receive it. Deleting the newsletter without opening it can teach your email service provider to treat future newsletters as junk and stop forwarding them to you.
  • Add pokemon@email.pokemon.com to your email address book. Adding an address manually to your address book identifies the email as safe to deliver to your inbox.

I also edited the title of your thread.

Moderator Vengr
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

"I see now that one's birth is irrelevant, it is what you do, that determines who you are" - Mewtwo

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

20 March 2018 - 06:21 PM

autogatos

Rookie Trainer

• autogatos
I already tried all of these steps after I missed the first one in February, and I’m still not receiving any newsletters. Since I signed up in January I assume I should have received at least one, if not two by now (February and March)?

20 March 2018 - 08:11 PM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

I already tried all of these steps after I missed the first one in February, and I’m still not receiving any newsletters. Since I signed up in January I assume I should have received at least one, if not two by now (February and March)?

Hey there!

You can try contacting your email provider to see if this is something they can look into for you, especially since you have not received any of the newsletters since signing up. Hopefully they are able to pinpoint the issue and fix it. 

Moderator RedDragon

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

20 March 2018 - 08:29 PM

Sethdarkside

Rookie Trainer

• Sethdarkside

I been having the same issues with my Gmail accounts, I have not got a single newsletter in forever, so Feb 22nd I made 4 new accounts with newsletter enabled to see if ill get one this time around and so far I got nothing.

No promotion Emails, No spam emails, no nothing :(

20 March 2018 - 08:51 PM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

I been having the same issues with my Gmail accounts, I have not got a single newsletter in forever, so Feb 22nd I made 4 new accounts with newsletter enabled to see if ill get one this time around and so far I got nothing.

No promotion Emails, No spam emails, no nothing :(

Hey there!

Have you tried doing a search within your email with terms like "Pokémon" to see what the search will find? Usually the newsletter will end up in the "Promotional" folder within Gmail. Also, this is a friendly reminder that creating multiple accounts is against the terms of use.

Moderator RedDragon

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

20 March 2018 - 09:36 PM

Sethdarkside

Rookie Trainer

• Sethdarkside

I have on all 4 emails, 2 of which are brand new and i made in mid feb for newsletter use to see if they would get one so there emails are quite empty and nothing popping up in all mail, Technically its 5 counting this account which never gets one so i decided to make 4 test accounts that so far are having same issue as my main account, nation US, the check box is green, I had the Same issue with the Legendary birds with OR/AS, guess next time ill make some yahoo accounts or something. 

To be on the safe side I added pokemon@email.pokemon.com  to each emails contact list in case they are still being sent out 

Edited by Sethdarkside, 20 March 2018 - 09:47 PM.

21 March 2018 - 06:56 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello Sethdarkside,

Please submit a ticket by clicking the link to the support portal in my signature, then clicking Ask A Question.

Thanks!

Moderator Jynthu

22 March 2018 - 03:42 PM

TheRedBarrett

Rookie Trainer

• TheRedBarrett

Hi. I've been signed up since February using a yahoo account. I haven't gotten a single email aside from the activation email back in February. I have checked to see that the promotional preference is on and that no email is in my spam nor have I missed any. I've searched in my accounts using "Pokemon" and variations of that to no avail. After reading about countless others who haven't their code, I hope you fix your methods of distribution and I believe a redistribution may be in order.

Edited by TheRedBarrett, 22 March 2018 - 03:44 PM.

23 March 2018 - 06:20 AM

SilverSaiyan64

Rookie Trainer

• SilverSaiyan64

I've use to get the news letter but ever since you guys did the give away through the newsletter for the Legendary birds I haven't received it. I've change the email and even mad a second account and still I don't get the news letter. Putting in a ticket doesn't help ether. They close out the ticket with out doing anything. I've missed out on quite a few events because of this and it looks like I missed out on another. 

Edited by SilverSaiyan64, 23 March 2018 - 06:25 AM.

23 March 2018 - 09:03 PM

klousazo

Rookie Trainer

• klousazo

i have the same problem and i have received news letters since 2014 and now i am not receiving any of the news letters checked and the last one was feb 27 2017.

24 March 2018 - 05:26 AM

1Pokedad

Rookie Trainer

• 1Pokedad

Haven't received the March newsletter. Followed the guidelines to the letter. Emailed support and was sent a canned response basically stating we won't help you. My son has been looking forward to getting the Pokemon all month. It makes no sense to offer a promotion, set an expectation (especially with children), do a lousy job of distributing and then not remedy the situation when your clearly at fault. A quick search online shows a lot of people are in the same boat. An incident like this influences how I spend my hard earned dollars.

Edited by 1Pokedad, 24 March 2018 - 05:28 AM.

24 March 2018 - 08:45 AM

Splatte

Rookie Trainer

• Splatte

A lot of people have this problem and you can't say it's all on the user's side. I have been signed up and my very disappointed kids are also signed up before March 1st. Why are they signed up? Just so these can get these codes. If you can't follow through on your promises, you need to stop making them.

24 March 2018 - 11:50 AM

graywh

Elite Trainer

• graywh

Newsletter distribution has serious issues.  Try to sign up and it takes several months to start getting it, if ever.  Be signed up and you might stop receiving it for no reason (even after getting a "click here to confirm you want to keep receiving the newsletter" email).

Forums Rules
  • Stay on Topic
  • Search, then Post
  • Be Constructive
  • Play Nice
  • Be Honest
  • Keep Your Private Life Private
  • Keep Your Links Official
  • Discipline is Private
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

24 March 2018 - 02:00 PM

1Pokedad

Rookie Trainer

• 1Pokedad

Newsletter distribution has serious issues.  Try to sign up and it takes several months to start getting it, if ever.  Be signed up and you might stop receiving it for no reason (even after getting a "click here to confirm you want to keep receiving the newsletter" email).

I appreciate your response and honesty. This is our first foray into a video game system with my son so was unaware. It shows how little The Pokemon Company cares about its customers/fans when it knowingly distributes a promotion via a broken system and then refuses to help correct the problem. Completely irresponsible to set an expectation when children are involved and then not follow through. As I wrote in my first post an incident like this influences how I spend my hard earned dollars. It's bafflingly that a international multi-million dollar company in the year 2018 cannot effectively distribute a newsletter via email.

Edited by 1Pokedad, 24 March 2018 - 02:21 PM.

24 March 2018 - 02:19 PM

1Pokedad

Rookie Trainer

• 1Pokedad

A lot of people have this problem and you can't say it's all on the user's side. I have been signed up and my very disappointed kids are also signed up before March 1st. Why are they signed up? Just so these can get these codes. If you can't follow through on your promises, you need to stop making them.

I agree! Completely irresponsible to set an expectation when children are involved and then not follow through. It shows how little The Pokemon Company cares about its customers/fans when it knowingly distributes a promotion via a broken system and then refuses to help correct the problem. It's bafflingly that a international multi-million dollar company in the year 2018 cannot effectively distribute a newsletter via email.

24 March 2018 - 02:52 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello Trainers,

I have merged a related thread with this one. 

If you have tried the recommendations above and still need help, I recommend submitting a ticket by clicking the link in my signature to the Support Portal and clicking "Ask A Question".

Thanks!

Moderator Jynthu

25 March 2018 - 09:13 PM

Aeylio

Rookie Trainer

• Aeylio

Just thought I'd chime in and share my experiences as well. I too have not yet received the march newsletter containing the giveaway code. I was signed up and opted in for marketing emails way before the deadline. I've been checking my email regularly and searched my email for "pokemon" but nothing was found. No emails in promotional tabs, or anywhere else. I also have a gmail account. What gives?

26 March 2018 - 04:52 AM

BrokoroVocals

Rookie Trainer

• BrokoroVocals

I made my account in Feb. Can you still get the March newsletter if you accidentally unchecked receiving emails?

26 March 2018 - 07:08 AM

bbriseno877

Rookie Trainer

• bbriseno877

Same here. Signed up for newsletters in 2014 and have been receiving them monthly since then. Just not this month. I was opted in and have troubleshooted.