- - - - -

Old Games that need to be remade for the Switch

• Please log in to reply

15 March 2018 - 10:50 PM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

Hey everyone, with all the remakes coming out lately, even to where the 'I Choose You' episode got remade into a movie series, would anybody like to see some of the classic games be remade for the Switch?  Both handheld and console games, since the Switch is a hybrid system.

And with GameFreak coming out with an official mainline game sometime in the future, wither late 2018 or early 2019, would anybody like to see some of the early mainline games be remade into a Switch game, even for Pokémon25 in 2021?

If so on any answers, which games would you like to see?  Handheld or console, mainline or side games feel free to share.

For me, would like to see Pokémon Yellow be remade, overhauled, for the Switch, giving it a more anime look.  Would also like to Stadium remade, even use something like the Pokémon Bank, to where you can use all of the Pokémon for the tournaments and mini-game.  A few others would be Colosseum, but maybe use it a base for a MMORPG, Snap, Trading Card Game from the Game Boy, and who knows, maybe turn Pinball into a game full of mini-games.

Well, that's it for me.  I know a remake would be considered impossible, but with things like Detective Pikachu coming to theaters, Pokémon Go on the phones, and a remake of the anime pilot, there might be a pretty good possible they might happen.

15 March 2018 - 11:21 PM

Princess_Aurora

Senior Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

​It would be amazing if they made remakes of old games for new consoles. I would love to play Pokepark 2 in multiplayer mode with a VR headset! Although that you need to be careful playing VR as a Pokemon, or you just may get stuck saying "Pika pika" or stuff like that in real life. Might get really embarrassing if it happened among colleagues or classmates. 

Fun fact: if you search closely on the net, you'll find the plots of some removed Pokemon anime episodes that can be hilarious for more matured publics. Nothing straight-out inappropriate, but unadapt for 10 years old kids.

Friendship is magic!

16 March 2018 - 05:43 AM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

​It would be amazing if they made remakes of old games for new consoles. I would love to play Pokepark 2 in multiplayer mode with a VR headset! Although that you need to be careful playing VR as a Pokemon, or you just may get stuck saying "Pika pika" or stuff like that in real life. Might get really embarrassing if it happened among colleagues or classmates. 

Fun fact: if you search closely on the net, you'll find the plots of some removed Pokemon anime episodes that can be hilarious for more matured publics. Nothing straight-out inappropriate, but unadapt for 10 years old kids.

Wow that would be awesome. 

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

16 March 2018 - 10:51 PM

Princess_Aurora

Senior Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

Now that I think of it... With Pokémon VR in multiplayer, we can secretly plug in into some other Pokémon games with players who play as trainers without them knowing... And when they try to capture a player-controlled Pokémon...

Scenario 1

*Finds something in bush*
"Sweet! Let's see what we have here."
*Battle begins, sparkles appear on the Pokémon*
"Woah, a shiny Kirlia! I must ca... What the heck, level 89?!"
*Trainer gets destroyed by Kirlia*
"Since when that lvl89 Kirlias appear in bushes... I'll search it up on bulbapedia. Wait a second, did it just wink at me?"

Scenario 2

*Finds something in bush*

​"Alright, time for my very first wild pokemon battle! I hope that I catch it."

*Battle begins, a lvl1 Happiny appears*

​"Awww... It's so cute! Too bad that it's ending up in a Pokeball."

*Happiny used a Master Ball.*

​"Wait, wha? Nuuuuuuuuu...."

(Game text: You have been caught! You shall now serve as a slave soldier, and battle other beings for our fun. Kindly stand-by in your 3-inches ball until that you are called upon to inflict pain to your peers just because that we find it entertaining.)

Scenarios like this would be absolutely hilarious. 

Edited by Princess_Aurora, 16 March 2018 - 10:57 PM.

Friendship is magic!

26 March 2018 - 09:03 AM

Mod_Diamond

Novice Trainer

• Mod_Diamond

I would absolutely love to see Stadium remade for the Switch.  I have a ton of fond memories about playing that game and I played it a lot.  Also, Pokemon VR would be amazing, unfortunately I don't own a VR system just yet, but that would be sweet.

26 March 2018 - 06:21 PM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

Well, sad thing is, Nintendo has no big plans for VR anytime in the near future, probably because they still feel the sting for the Virtual Boy incident.  The closest you might get is if they decide to contract it out like they did with Pokémon Go.