Turbo Dark with Prism Star Darkrai

• Please log in to reply

15 March 2018 - 07:12 AM

Nick_Alpha

Rookie Trainer

• Nick_Alpha
I need help building a turbo dark deck using the new (Prism Star) Darkrai. I know i most likely don't have the cards needed except for the (Prism Star) Darkrai. Like what cards should i have it. I just dont know. Please help

15 March 2018 - 08:01 AM

EpicShonenGuy

Senior Trainer

• EpicShonenGuy

This is the list from the yt channel TrainerChip hope it helps you out.

Pokemon

4 Darkrai EX

1 Darkrai Prism Star

2 Tapu Lele

3 Yveltal

Trainers

4 Altar of the moone

4 ultra ball

4 Cynthia

3 N

4 Sycamore

3 Guzma

1 Super Rod

4 Choice Band

4 Exp Share

2 Lillie

4 Max Elixir

Energy

13 Dark Energy

Edited by EpicShonenGuy, 15 March 2018 - 08:01 AM.

15 March 2018 - 02:07 PM

Nick_Alpha

Rookie Trainer

• Nick_Alpha
Thanks

16 March 2018 - 10:25 AM

Mod_Rowan

• Mod_Rowan

This is the list from the yt channel TrainerChip hope it helps you out.

Pokemon

4 Darkrai EX

1 Darkrai Prism Star

2 Tapu Lele

3 Yveltal

Trainers

4 Altar of the moone

4 ultra ball

4 Cynthia

3 N

4 Sycamore

3 Guzma

1 Super Rod

4 Choice Band

4 Exp Share

2 Lillie

4 Max Elixir

Energy

13 Dark Energy

This looks really promising. Thanks for sharing it, EpicShonenGuy!

Moderator Rowan
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

16 March 2018 - 07:36 PM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

No Darkrai GX?

I have to say I don't see Darkrai being a tier one deck right now. It's a pity, I love the pokémon. Turbo Darkrai-EX was a good deck, but time ago. With all the GX and the new sets, seems not to be so powerful right now. Also it's weak to the most played meta decks of the format, Buzzwole and Lycanroc, but hey it's also Zoroark GX and still people play it. Probably it gives a lot more that what you can loose.although those are rough matches. Darkrai for sure it's a better deck in expanded.

Anyway, if I would try, I would include at least a pair of Darkrai GX if not three. Those can "alive" from discard to the bench and come with an energy so, it helps to the EX to hit harder.

I would try something close to this:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 2 Yveltal XY 78
* 4 Darkrai-EX BKP 74
* 2 Darkrai-GX BUS 88

* 1 Darkrai {*} UPR 77
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 1 Oranguru SUM 113

##Trainer Cards - 36

* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 N FCO 105

* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Brigette BKT 134

* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119

* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 1 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137

* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Energy Retrieval SUM 116
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 1 Energy Switch SUM 117

* 3 Altar of the Moone GRI 117

##Energy - 12

* 12 Darkness Energy

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Darkrai EX is your hitter. Darkrai GX and Darkrai {*} the techs. Yveltal it's an excellent starter that helps to set up some energies.

There are more Sycamore than Cynthia because you need to discard sometimes some energy for the GXs and Yveltal. The 4 UBs helps you also for that and for the Darkrai GXs.

2 Brigette for the starting set up with the 2 Lele. Oranguru as extra tech. You could replace it (or if you don't have Lele for example, add a second...)

N, Guzma and Acerola, are obvious.

Then, 4 Puzzle. Not sure if those will make a huge difference in this deck but, Puzzle of time effect is so huge that, I just added it. If you don't like, you can remove andwith 4 spots you can add a lot of useful things.

The Max elixir to hit harder and set up faster. With 12 energies and the Sycamores they should work around 3 in every match. FFBelt because you play basics. 40HP is a good addition to go over 200. Also for the Yveltals. And you will 2HKO mainly as you need 8 energies all around to hit (with FFB) 170 (Lele HP). And 8+Choice B for the 190 Buzzwole. 9+ Choice B for Golisopod and Zoroark's 210. That will be hard to set up so +40HP to resist the counter attack.

One Choice and one Float, always come handy. If you prefer that and not FFBs, you may change the numbers as Choice can help a lot.

2 Field blower are good. Actually most decks only play one.

Energy retrieval, Super rod and Energy switch, just in case. You can change or try others. Notice cards like Dashing pouch, Energy pouch and Wishful baton that could fit in this deck.

And 3 stadiums for free retreat and counter the opponent's. And with the 2 FBlower a lot of disruption is guaranteed. Devoured Field can help also if you prefer.

12 energies is good. Could be 13, could be 11, not less.

If we were talking Expanded you would be able to count with Dark patch, Battle compressor, the Darkrai [Dark cloack] for the free retreats and an Ace spec like the Scramble switch for example. Lasers, why not, to help on damage All very good cards for the dark type

Edited by Chasista, 16 March 2018 - 07:38 PM.

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

My 1st pokémon VGame http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/59894-my-1st-pok%C3%A9mon-videogame-nds-diamond-story-and-help/

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista

18 March 2018 - 06:28 AM

Sadra

Senior Trainer

• Sadra

Darkrai in standard?  Try this deck list in expanded format. It is NOT a tier one deck but it still gets a considerable amount of wins if it is not paired against buzzwoles (the current win rate of this deck is 89%, 65 out of 73 games). 

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
* 1 Darkrai {*} UPR 77
* 3 Darkrai-EX BKP 118
* 1 Darkrai-EX DEX 107
* 3 Darkrai-GX BUS 139
* 1 Malamar-EX PHF 115
* 1 Hoopa-EX AOR 89
* 1 Oricorio PR-SM SM19

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 3 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 1 Computer Search BCR 137
* 2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 1 Colress PLS 135
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 161
* 2 Cynthia UPR 148
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 2 Guzma BUS 143
* 3 Choice Band BUS 162
* 1 N NVI 101
* 4 Dark Patch DEX 93
* 3 Sky Field ROS 89
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102

##Energy - 13

* 13 Darkness Energy CL 94

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Edited by Sadra, 18 March 2018 - 06:37 AM.

28 April 2018 - 02:36 AM

Eiji-Shikuyo

Rookie Trainer

• Eiji-Shikuyo
I’m actually tossing the idea of running a 1 of guzzlord gx with ninja boys. Imagine a turn 1 altar of moone, darkrai * (attach 2 energy), max elixir (attach to darkrai), attach to darkrai for turn, switch/guzma/escape rope. Attack, your next turn ninja boy into guzzlord and gluttony gx and take more than likely 4 prizes.

Edited by Eiji-Shikuyo, 28 April 2018 - 02:36 AM.