Weakness Bug

• Please log in to reply

13 March 2018 - 07:44 PM

Disciple3

Rookie Trainer

• Disciple3
Can we fix this? How is it that a card that lessens damage just automatically negates weakness effects without it saying So? I've had where it should have been, for example, 200 damage with only 20 taken away, and it will be 90, eventhough it says weakness, and nothing else says weakness is being negated. It gets frustrating.

13 March 2018 - 10:21 PM

XK920XK

Senior Trainer

• XK920XK

without game log or you going into detail of what exactly happened its hard to tell what exactly is going on here.

13 March 2018 - 10:29 PM

PlatinumDude

Veteran Trainer

• PlatinumDude

Remember that in the rare occasion that a Pokemon is both weak to one type and resistant to another, weakness is applied first, before resistance.

13 March 2018 - 10:41 PM

Princess_Aurora

Senior Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

Some defensive attributes such as damage reduction can also apply BEFORE Weakness and Resistance, so a Diancie EX with Hard Charm can resist steel attacks pretty well, provided that they don't outmatch the damage mitigation.

Friendship is magic!

14 March 2018 - 03:41 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Can we fix this? How is it that a card that lessens damage just automatically negates weakness effects without it saying So? I've had where it should have been, for example, 200 damage with only 20 taken away, and it will be 90, eventhough it says weakness, and nothing else says weakness is being negated. It gets frustrating.

Can you tell us what cards were in play when this happened?

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

14 March 2018 - 11:07 PM

Jammer87

Senior Trainer

• Jammer87

Popular cards that reduce damage with weakness removal support:

Luxray(UPR)

Golisopod(GRI, applicable after weakness)

Lugia(AOR)

Popular Cards that remove weakness:

Flash Energy(AOR)

Cherrim(UPR)

Ancient Trait Altaria(ROS)

^ Is any of the above applicable in your case?

Edited by Jammer87, 14 March 2018 - 11:25 PM.

http://support.pokemon.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=15227&redirect=true

^ Something I noticed after the latest patch install...