What is going on With Celebi Prime ?

• Please log in to reply

13 March 2018 - 03:43 PM

MyPowa15

Senior Trainer

• MyPowa15

Hey there ~ 

Earlier Today i recieved 3 offers from Gys that wanted to sell their  celebis for cheaper like 45 gur or even less ...  there are quite few people on trading post Selling multiple Celebis primes ..

So even though i doubt they are in Ladder rewards  ( i haven't checked )..  Really want to know what is going on With them ...

Hi ! I'm Powa !  :cool: 

One Of The Oldest In Ptcgo ! 

EXperienced Member ! 

13 March 2018 - 04:29 PM

TränarPokémon10

Novice Trainer

• TränarPokémon10

It's because legacy tournaments were removed from the game, this is causing all legacy exclusive staples from HGSS to drop considerably in price.

However Standard/Expanded reprinted/legal cards from HGSS seem to still hold their value, and some of them are even going up further in price.

13 March 2018 - 06:06 PM

MyPowa15

Senior Trainer

• MyPowa15

It's because legacy tournaments were removed from the game, this is causing all legacy exclusive staples from HGSS to drop considerably in price.

However Standard/Expanded reprinted/legal cards from HGSS seem to still hold their value, and some of them are even going up further in price.

i know that bt WHY CELEBI ??? i just met over 3 Direct offers for it and more than 5 others just trying to sell it .. isn't that weird ?

Hi ! I'm Powa !  :cool: 

One Of The Oldest In Ptcgo ! 

EXperienced Member ! 

13 March 2018 - 06:38 PM

peglegmcgee

Rookie Trainer

• peglegmcgee

I just bought 1 for 40 guardians seems like a steal right now.  They going to make legacy great again.

13 March 2018 - 09:07 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

I traded 4 for me, and 3 for my son about a year ago.  They were 35 value then, and the most I ever paid was 32 for any of them.  Forces beyond reason caused it to jump, it seemed like overnight, to around 65 at one point later.  I think it has more to do with market adjustment for an overpriced card.

Edited by RobRatt, 13 March 2018 - 10:08 PM.

14 March 2018 - 01:40 AM

TränarPokémon10

Novice Trainer

• TränarPokémon10

i know that bt WHY CELEBI ??? i just met over 3 Direct offers for it and more than 5 others just trying to sell it .. isn't that weird ?

I just told you why, celebi is only played in legacy, not legal in expanded. All cards that are only legal in expanded are crashing in price, which is why you see so many primes and legends and other hgss cards being sold off on public offers right now.

17 March 2018 - 05:41 AM

ReMMy1100

Rookie Trainer

• ReMMy1100

It was my understanding that they are making all HGSS (and it might be B&W too) era packs available in the shop soon, (and forever... not just a week here or there) which will allow players to buy the packs to obtain the cards, instead of HAVING to use tournaments or have codes. (which made it hard to get into for some) so these people are speculating that because people will be able to obtain them for coins, the price will drop... They are probably right... but how far is really the question. For example, FA Cynthia and Lele-GX are holding value and people are able to buy UltraPrism/GUR packs in the store.... IMO it could go a couple ways..

1. more people start playing legacy, and the value of the tradable legacy cards rises.. because more people are playing/collecting legacy... or

2. With more people playing legacy, they instead decide that attempting to obtain cards like Celebi prime via coins/store is the better way to get the card/s they need.

The current price drop is speculation to the latter. Now its up to you to decide if its currently a buy or sell opportunity at 40-45 or not. I personally think it has some room to drop more as people hear about this change in HGSS pack availability. What actually happens after these packs are made readily available is anyone's guess. More than once has popularity taken a good card and made it skyrocket, only to watch it drop, then skyrocket again. (I think the DEX FA Darkrai-EX is one of the best examples of the ups and downs) Assuming you arent sitting on 45 Celebi Primes (or Computer Searches? LOL) you dont have much to worry about, or can expect to pick up a great card at a cheaper price compared to the recent past pricing

18 March 2018 - 05:50 PM

Cubchoo103

Senior Trainer

• Cubchoo103
I think the bigger question is why didn't celebi prime come down to 10 packs or less a long time ago?

Not like it's the shaymin or the lele of its time, not only is it restricted to one format.. it only fits in ONE specific deck.. granted it's a very good deck but Donphan prime, Deoxys ex, and landurous ex (the staples of other legacy power house decks) ain't worth even close to what celebi prime is which has always just seemed kinda arbitrary to me

I've been around this game long enough to know how cards get their value, and by using this curriculum its plain to see Celebi has been disproportionately over valued for a long long time for seemingly no reason, and frankly still is

20 March 2018 - 12:41 AM

Anyagezane

Veteran Trainer

• Anyagezane

I think the bigger question is why didn't celebi prime come down to 10 packs or less a long time ago?

Not like it's the shaymin or the lele of its time, not only is it restricted to one format.. it only fits in ONE specific deck.. granted it's a very good deck but Donphan prime, Deoxys ex, and landurous ex (the staples of other legacy power house decks) ain't worth even close to what celebi prime is which has always just seemed kinda arbitrary to me

I've been around this game long enough to know how cards get their value, and by using this curriculum its plain to see Celebi has been disproportionately over valued for a long long time for seemingly no reason, and frankly still is

FACTSSSSSS!