[GENERAL] Login - Preload error.

• Please log in to reply

12 March 2018 - 06:59 AM

WhiteLyricist

Rookie Trainer

• WhiteLyricist

Preload error. On the PC and on the Tablet one and the same error, tell me please what to do.

12 March 2018 - 04:10 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello WhiteLyricist,

I have moved your topic to the Technical Support forum and updated the title to be more descriptive. 

The game does require a very stable and robust network connection at all times, and you may be receiving this error due to a network issue. I recommend trying the following:

• Unplug your modem (and router if you use one) for 1 minute. Plug in modem, then router and reboot your computer.
  • If you are using a WiFi connection, try plugging in to your modem with a cable instead.
  • Open the following 3 ports that the TCGO client needs to make a connection: 5222, 8181, 6967, and 39389
  • Note that anti-virus software (or even Windows Defender) could be incorrectly identifying the game as a threat and blocking it and you may need to add TCGO to a "safe programs" list.
  • Close any background applications before launching the game, as some programs may cause issues.
  • It might help to flush your DNS cache after troubleshooting the above.
  • Try a different network connection if possible.

If your issue persists after this, I recommend submitting a ticket by clicking the link in my signature to the Support Portal, then clicking Ask a Question. If you do submit a ticket, I recommend linking to this thread in your ticket so that our Support Team knows what steps you have already tried.

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

15 March 2018 - 11:01 AM

Mod_Vengr

• Mod_Vengr

Hi,

If Mod_Jynthu's suggestion didn't fix the issue, you might also want to try a clean reinstall of the client.

Here's how to do it.

PC Uninstall

1. Go to the Programs and Features section your computer's Control Panel. Select the game and uninstall it.
  2. Go to the directory where the game was installed. The default directory is C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData.
  3. The game stores files in the LocalLow and Roaming folders. Go into the LocalLow folder and delete the "The Pokémon Company International" folder. Go into the Roaming folder and delete the "Pokémon Trading Card Game Online" folder.
  4. Empty your Recycle Bin and then restart your computer.
  5. Please ensure that you also delete all previously downloaded versions of the game. Try using a different web browser to download the file again (we recommend Firefox or Google Chrome). 

MAC Uninstall

1. Delete your TCGO folder, along with any downloaded installation files.
  2. Click on 'Go' located on your top window, press the 'alt/option' key and select 'Library'. 
  3. Go to 'Cache' folder. Delete any Pokémon related folders you find.
  4. From the 'Library' again, go to 'Saved Application State' and delete "unity.The Pokémon Company International.Refresher.savedState" folder.
  5. Empty your trash, and then try using a different web browser to download the file again and re-install.

Moderator Vengr

"I see now that one's birth is irrelevant, it is what you do, that determines who you are" - Mewtwo

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

17 March 2018 - 02:22 AM

Princess_Aurora

Senior Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

Also, just to add to the Mods suggestions, if you used wastebin to take out Pokémon TCGO, you'll have to open the Install Wizard to de-install PTCGO (to the wizard, the game is still on the computer if you didn't use it to remove the game, even if you wastebinned it). After that it de-installed the game, open the wizard again and install it.

Friendship is magic!

17 March 2018 - 02:30 AM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

Also, just to add to the Mods suggestions, if you used wastebin to take out Pokémon TCGO, you'll have to open the Install Wizard to de-install PTCGO (to the wizard, the game is still on the computer if you didn't use it to remove the game, even if you wastebinned it). After that it de-installed the game, open the wizard again and install it.

Thank you for that information!  :)

Moderator RedDragon

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!