If you made Pokemon a career option . . .

• Please log in to reply

12 March 2018 - 02:56 AM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

Hey, here is a question, if you can make a career out of Pokémon, would you? Not drop everything and become a full time duelist with the TCG, or a duelist with the video games, or Pokémon Go, since making a living off of them would be far from possible, but an actual career. Like say, got a chance to, for example:

• Video Games, main or side: Designing, constructing, debugging, writing the story
  • Anime: Storyboard, voice actor(really wishful thinking here), animation
  • Trading Card Game: Designing, artwork, writing out the moves/abilities
  • Manga: Storyboard, artwork, marketing

While some departments have the same jobs, still plenty of options.

Or, try something different, like run your own Pokémon Center store, or some other Pokémon themed store or business. Or something else you would like to do with the skills you have.

So, to ask again, if you can make a Pokémon into something you would enjoy doing on a job basis, would you take up the chance? Even if say, you would have to relocate to make it happen? And if yes, on either ones, what would you like to do?

As for me, I would like to write some original Pokémon stories, or run a Pokémon themed store. Other then that, if the Pokémon Company were to give me a job that would require me to move to Japan, wither temporarily or permanent, well, as much as I would say yes at the drop of a hat, I matured somewhat enough to start asking questions first before I take a big risk that would **** me in the end later on.

Edited by GrewupGeek, 12 March 2018 - 02:05 PM.

12 March 2018 - 05:42 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

A note of caution though:  If you work for TPCi, you can no longer play the game in any official capacity.  No tournaments, competitions, etc.  I believe this includes your family members too.  :huh:

12 March 2018 - 07:56 AM

Mod_Gunning

Senior Trainer

• Mod_Gunning

I would just like to be a famous Pokémon player that would make money only by playing the game! Sounds incredible as a career to me!

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

16 March 2018 - 12:25 AM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

​My dream would be to become an average all-around unit. Customer support with trilingual options, storyboard writer, nurse at the WCs (yes, paper cuts can hurt very much), forum moderator, tutorial guide for new players at the local PokeCenter, etc... I just seem to like little kids. Their tiny voices are sooooo adorable. Hopefully this dream would come true, but with nutheads running US and NK, and the rest of the planet playing grenade juggler with cold-war era tensions, I'm not even sure if the world be the same when I'll be old enough to work.

Edited by Princess_Aurora, 16 March 2018 - 12:42 AM.

Friendship is magic!

16 March 2018 - 01:22 PM

Mod_Gunning

Senior Trainer

• Mod_Gunning

Thank you for your thoughts, Princess_Aurora! We hope that all your dreams come true!

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

16 March 2018 - 04:56 PM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora
Thank you, Mod_Gunning! I wish the same to you. I haven't seen a lot of PTCGO *********, so maybe that it may be an interesting path...

Friendship is magic!