We should spectate battles.

• Please log in to reply

11 March 2018 - 02:54 AM

Dragonite_123

Rookie Trainer

• Dragonite_123

Who thinks that there should be a spectator mode.Spectator mode should be added to the game (only in tournaments battles) because some people finish there games quickly they have only to just wait until the next round starts.This would be good to configure a strategy against your opponent or what cards he has in his deck.This would be amazing game feature to be implemented into the game.

11 March 2018 - 03:20 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

This would be good to configure a strategy against your opponent or what cards he has in his deck.This would be amazing game feature to be implemented into the game.

You're kidding, right?  Let me stand over the shoulder of the guy I'm playing next, and see exactly what's in his deck?

Not gonna happen.  :D

11 March 2018 - 04:04 AM

picsupes

Junior Trainer

• picsupes

You're kidding, right?  Let me stand over the shoulder of the guy I'm playing next, and see exactly what's in his deck?

Not gonna happen.  :D

This. 

Duel Links has a spectator mode but it is only available in Duel Rooms and you can't see either player's hands. I think if PTCGO had an equivalent to Duel Rooms, a spectate feature could be fun, as long as there isn't a potential for Espa Roba shenanigans. But honestly, it's not very high on my list of priorities for changes or additions I'd like to see made to PTCGO. 

11 March 2018 - 10:24 AM

Glucario111

Novice Trainer

• Glucario111

Who thinks that there should be a spectator mode.Spectator mode should be added to the game (only in tournaments battles) because some people finish there games quickly they have only to just wait until the next round starts.This would be good to configure a strategy against your opponent or what cards he has in his deck.This would be amazing game feature to be implemented into the game.

Problem with spectating in tournaments is that ppl have a knowledge advantage about the cards in a deck

I rather have a spectating room like picsupes said. where u play games with  friends and either friends or public can spectate

11 March 2018 - 11:07 AM

TOONAAA

Trainer

• TOONAAA

Some form of spectating would be huge. it would let tournament organizers stream their events and might lead to official events on ptcgo

Edited by TOONAAA, 11 March 2018 - 11:13 AM.

11 March 2018 - 01:16 PM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

Problem with spectating in tournaments is that ppl have a knowledge advantage about the cards in a deck

I rather have a spectating room like picsupes said. where u play games with  friends and either friends or public can spectate

Or enable non-participants/losers to spectate tourney matches ala showdown

11 March 2018 - 08:43 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

TPCi has stated that they're working on a spec mode, but it's a reeeeeeeally low priority for them.

Just putting that out there.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

28 April 2018 - 05:29 PM

CoroCoro2

Rookie Trainer

• CoroCoro2

Sounds good to me.

29 April 2018 - 12:57 AM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello Trainers,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this! I know this is something that has been suggested in the past and our development team has looked into it, but I have forwarded the suggestion along.

Thanks!

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!