Arceus gx... Badly needed, there was no Arceus ex

• Please log in to reply

04 March 2018 - 08:17 AM

jaysawazki

Rookie Trainer

• jaysawazki
I think we need an Arceus gx BADLY! With no arceus ex we really need an arceus gx. I think it would be the coolest card ever!!

04 March 2018 - 03:18 PM

ahoodedman

Elite Trainer

• ahoodedman

The developers of ptcgo have no control over the cards created all they do is add them into the game.

But ya an Arceus gx would be pretty sweet

I can't think of a signature  :(

16 March 2018 - 01:52 PM

grriffinn

Trainer

• grriffinn

Arceus was printed as a Shining Pokemon back in Shining Legends, so saying that it hasn't gotten a card since Gen 4 is a bit incorrect.

That said, Arceus was also recently given a Prism card in Japan's Ultra Force side set, so it'll probably see an international release in our Forbidden Light set (unless TPCi shoves into a promotional box like they did with the Full-Art Charizard GX and Rainbow Rare Ho-Oh-GX).

Edited by grriffinn, 16 March 2018 - 01:52 PM.

16 March 2018 - 03:24 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Arceus was printed as a Shining Pokemon back in Shining Legends, so saying that it hasn't gotten a card since Gen 4 is a bit incorrect.

Also, it had three XY promos.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

16 March 2018 - 04:53 PM

Princess_Aurora

Senior Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

The funniest thing is, apparently Arceus was supposed to be God in Pokemon.

But I see it getting it's behind kicked by Riolus, so maybe that he shouldn't have removed his 1000 arms after shaping the world... Overconfidence isn't good!

Friendship is magic!

16 March 2018 - 09:58 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

The funniest thing is, apparently Arceus was supposed to be God in Pokemon.

But I see it getting it's behind kicked by Riolus, so maybe that he shouldn't have removed his 1000 arms after shaping the world... Overconfidence isn't good!

That's a Sinnoh religion.  And honestly, it's only going strong in regions near Mt. Coronet, plus a few random scatterings.  A common belief in Kanto is that Mew is the Great Ancestor...  Alola has it's own mythology entirely...  I'm from Unova originally- an extremely diverse region.  Most people believe whatever their ancestry did, but I'm sure you've heard the story of the Two Brothers...  It is said they, along with the one being that was Zekrom and Reshiram (and possible also kyurem), created Unova.

If there's one thing to learn from the story of Necrozma (Other than "don't be short-sighted, selfish bleepsicles"), it's that there is far more to this world than the small portion we grew up in.  It's base stats, when in it's true form, are even higher than Arceus's.  Could a pokemon who is not the strongest truly have created the world?  The religious, of course, will forever hold their beliefs- and there is nothing wrong with that.  But there are those of us who are seriously questioning just what being "legendary" even means...

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

16 March 2018 - 10:43 PM

Princess_Aurora

Senior Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

That's a Sinnoh religion.  And honestly, it's only going strong in regions near Mt. Coronet, plus a few random scatterings.  A common belief in Kanto is that Mew is the Great Ancestor...  Alola has it's own mythology entirely...  I'm from Unova originally- an extremely diverse region.  Most people believe whatever their ancestry did, but I'm sure you've heard the story of the Two Brothers...  It is said they, along with the one being that was Zekrom and Reshiram (and possible also kyurem), created Unova.

If there's one thing to learn from the story of Necrozma (Other than "don't be short-sighted, selfish bleepsicles"), it's that there is far more to this world than the small portion we grew up in.  It's base stats, when in it's true form, are even higher than Arceus's.  Could a pokemon who is not the strongest truly have created the world?  The religious, of course, will forever hold their beliefs- and there is nothing wrong with that.  But there are those of us who are seriously questioning just what being "legendary" even means...

Easy, Legendary means getting far more artworks and cards than the other average pokemons. And it also means getting featured more often in movies.

Anyways, you're right about different mythology. Although that now I know each region has it's own religion, I wonder how they feel if some random person just came and put their "gods" in a ball... And giving orders to it.

Friendship is magic!

17 March 2018 - 05:02 PM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

I think we need an Arceus gx BADLY! With no arceus ex we really need an arceus gx. I think it would be the coolest card ever!!

I agree that would be pretty awesome. 

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!