Distinct lowering of quality and frequency of tournaments?

• Please log in to reply

03 March 2018 - 07:25 AM

Dangos

Rookie Trainer

• Dangos

Since the changes i've participated in 5 standard tourneys, all of which have gotten noticeably slower queue times, and lower quality decks. While it's easier to win games, there's no competition in beating barely modified theme decks, or someone who has just crammed every gx he has into one deck. Is anyone else noticing this?

I feel it has something to do with the scarcity of tickets, making them less disposable on top of the new booster system lowering the reward value (in the eyes of traders) and motivation to compete

03 March 2018 - 08:48 AM

TOONAAA

Trainer

• TOONAAA

Since the changes i've participated in 5 standard tourneys, all of which have gotten noticeably slower queue times, and lower quality decks. While it's easier to win games, there's no competition in beating barely modified theme decks, or someone who has just crammed every gx he has into one deck. Is anyone else noticing this?

I feel it has something to do with the scarcity of tickets, making them less disposable on top of the new booster system lowering the reward value (in the eyes of traders) and motivation to compete

Ticket shortage are something TPCI knows about. Before we raise our pitchforks, i'd like to see if next month's versus rewards addresses this issue.

Edited by TOONAAA, 03 March 2018 - 09:58 AM.

03 March 2018 - 09:56 AM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_

Although tournaments were always a bit random, I'd assume that the lack of ticket tournaments, that allow beginners to practice for a relatively low cost, force beginners to participate with sup par decks.

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

04 March 2018 - 08:31 PM

Cubchoo103

Senior Trainer

• Cubchoo103
The good players know the rewards are trash now so there's no point in participating

Wouldn't even waste my time for some coins and some worthless scrub packs

07 March 2018 - 07:52 AM

Harion

Junior Trainer

• Harion

tickets are valuable, so good players are not wasting them. especially since it's hard to get tickets now. no one wants to play tourneys with the random prizes.