Bring Vivid Sleeves/Deck Boxes Back Please!

• Please log in to reply

15 March 2018 - 03:36 AM

picsupes

Junior Trainer

• picsupes

Agenda? For who am i working for and what's my purpose all those months? I'm just a frustrated player that tries to bring TPCI back to their senses even if in the end of the day it's a "us vs them" mentallity.

Your agenda is your own. While it might come from a legitimate place of frustration at the changes being made to the game you obviously love, I think you tend to look at any decisions the devs make in a purely negative light. You are of course entitled to your opinions but you keep framing them in terms of a conflict between the devs and the players in which you serve on the front lines of the resistance. I'm sure most of it is just for dramatic effect, but I think there's a part of you that truly believes that you are the hero we need. Whether or not I'm happy with every decision the devs make I think their underlying objective is to make the game more accessible and enjoyable for everyone. While they might not always be able to realize this target, I think it is obnoxious to keep painting them as villains in some pantomime war you're waging in your own head.

Do you understand how rarity works or rarity should only be applied in a way that benefits the masses? Transforming a TCG into a CCG in order to stop an underground black market and account compromisations is a recipe for failure.

Perhaps we simply disagree on the function of the trade market on PTCGO. I believe it is to make it easier to get the cards you want. Others might have a different attitude towards trading and enjoy trading for its own sake. But the topic at hand (ie. the illegal transactions involving Vivids) is the consequence of of an absolutely unregulated trading system. I'm sure you've seen posts about/by people who were sitting on a massive number of Computer Search-es, denying many players from having access to the card by restricting the number of Comp Search in circulation and helping maintain its high price. If you think it's a bad idea to discourage such behaviour, I'm sorry but I don't agree with you. If you are truly trying to speak up on behalf of the players (and not just a portion of them) you would understand why making the game more accessible is not a bad thing. And neither is it turning it into a CCG. The trading feature is not going anywhere. All I see is an attempt to rein in some of its excesses.

By the way, i'm glad that you are noticing me wherever i'm writing. I guess that i'm doing a good job :)

I can't deny that your hysterical rants have a certain entertainment value. :) Keep writing and ranting! I might not always agree with you but I certainly appreciate your passion.

Edited by picsupes, 15 March 2018 - 06:11 AM.

15 March 2018 - 07:20 PM

The_Real_Bug

Expert Trainer

• The_Real_Bug

You are of course entitled to your opinions but you keep framing them in terms of a conflict between the devs and the players in which you serve on the front lines of the resistance. I'm sure most of it is just for dramatic effect, but I think there's a part of you that truly believes that you are the hero we need. 

You either get banned as a ranter or live long enough to become their golden boy.

Joking aside, our only chance against some decisions that we don't enjoy is the usage of our voice.

I'm nobody's hero, when i don't like something i'm simply opposing against it.

Whether or not I'm happy with every decision the devs make I think their underlying objective is to make the game more accessible and enjoyable for everyone. While they might not always be able to realize this target, I think it is obnoxious to keep painting them as villains in some pantomime war you're waging in your own head.

Their decisions aren't always based on making the game better for all of us.

There are plenty of decisions that only benefit the developers such as canning the chat in order to reduce moderation load and we all saw how that worked out.

I'm not the one who is painting them as villains neither there's some pantomime war waging in my own head.

Lately their decisions are becoming more and more controversial and i don't see how is that my fault.

If you think it's a bad idea to discourage such behaviour, I'm sorry but I don't agree with you. If you are truly trying to speak up on behalf of the players (and not just a portion of them) you would understand why making the game more accessible is not a bad thing. And neither is it turning it into a CCG. The trading feature is not going anywhere. All I see is an attempt to rein in some of its excesses.

Performing such drastic actions can only bring backlash and create a keyboard war between "casuals" and "traders".

Personally i don't belong to any of those categories but i can understand that the side that is being hurted more is the "traders" for obvious reasons.

It's in their hands to revamp the trading system in order to maintain the balance that you are speaking off, but until that time comes the ones that are paying the price are those that invested in valuable cards.

I have a couple of freinds that invest into various valuable cards not willing to make any kind of profit in some underground black market, but to manage to collect every single card within the game via the trading way.

What about their efforts? Are they simply going to be flushed down to the toilet in the sake of the casual's accessibility?

I can't deny that your hysterical rants have a certain entertainment value. :) Keep writing and ranting! I might not always agree with you but I certainly appreciate your passion.

Thank you for your kind words  :) 

The "Real" Real Bug is merely just a gimmick in order to attract the corresponding attention that is needed on specific subjects that i think that need to be brought into the light.

Controversy makes cash and that's what i'm doing  :P

If i have to engage into some serious discussion then i'm totally into it, but i won't until i get TPCI's attention.

Don't follow the trends, follow my threads

15 March 2018 - 10:42 PM

picsupes

Junior Trainer

• picsupes

There are plenty of decisions that only benefit the developers such as canning the chat in order to reduce moderation load and we all saw how that worked out.

I was definitely unhappy with the decision to implement canned chat. It has completely erased the social aspect of the game which I cherished. However, I don't think you can say that this was only done to reduce the workload of the moderators. I had firsthand experience of the kind of behaviour that led the devs to remove in-game chat. I still do not support their decision but I suspect it did improve the PTCGO experience for at least some people.

I have a couple of freinds that invest into various valuable cards not willing to make any kind of profit in some underground black market, but to manage to collect every single card within the game via the trading way.
What about their efforts? Are they simply going to be flushed down to the toilet in the sake of the casual's accessibility?

If your objective is to collect every card within the game, I don't see why you should be bothered if others are also given a better chance of doing so. Why must one be at the expense of the other? I don't know about the particulars of your friends' investments in the game, but if any of them lost a lot of value with the selection of Comp Search as a ladder reward, they should have known better than to concentrate so much value in one card. I personally am not a fan of treating PTCGO's trading feature as a stock market but if you do you must have some expectation of risk. At any rate I doubt that that is what the game was intended for. Hoarding cards to inflate their value and corner the market should be differentiated from simply trading for the purposes of collecting or enhancing the aesthetic appeal of your decks. Honestly, I am not really concerned about how people choose to spend their time on PTCGO but as someone who grew up on the internet I am naturally suspicious of and antipathetic to proprietary attitudes, especially towards digital content.

Some of the latest changes have provoked two contradictory responses from the community, sometimes from the same individuals: that the game is not F2P enough or that it is too F2P (and as you say "turning into a CCG"). My own position occupies the middle ground between these two attitudes but at the end of the day I just want to remind people that according to TPCI's terms of service we do not have any property claims over the virtual content they provide to us. I'm not saying that people should not take pride in their collections but that they should not forget that it is free content and so discussions of value etc should be treated with a grain of salt.

That's all I have to say.

Edited by picsupes, 15 March 2018 - 10:55 PM.

16 March 2018 - 12:07 AM

Princess_Aurora

Senior Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

I'm not the one who is painting them as villains neither there's some pantomime war waging in my own head.

Lately their decisions are becoming more and more controversial and i don't see how is that my fault.

They're currently doing a great job for updates so far, compared to some of the other companies such as Pixonic or Supercell. I admit that getting the cards that you want may be hard in certain cases, but what would be the point of the whole game if there wasn't any challenge?

Here's an example. Have you ever played Minecraft? If you give yourself a big bunch of Diamond Blocks (I've always wondered how these fit in a pocket) and switch into survival mode, you won't have a lot of fun using the Diamond equipment against mobs. But if you played it for a looooong time, and finally find two Diamonds... Even a single Diamond Sword can be pleasant to wield.

Or another example: if the most useful items in an entire game can be obtained within 15 minutes of registration, everyone will be using them and there's going to be a royal pain in the neck meta going on. What happens if everyone gets Zoroark-GX or Gardevoir-GX? You'll see them everywhere, and people will have nightmares about them.

My point is, if people want to enjoy the equipment they use, they need to earn it. The harder, the better. But when it's too hard, the whole thing loses it's point.

But that doesn't justify some fluffheads who hog 45 Computer Searches. That's right, the guy had FOURTY-FIVE Computer Searches. That's enough computers to effectuate a corporate-sized DDoS attack on something. What in the world was he doing with 45 CS, you may ask? Simple. He was having fun playing Wall Street man. And when it crashed, he got what he had coming for him. 

And for the chat canning, I understand why they made it. I'm a moderator on a wikia for a game called "War Robots", and believe me, even in casual wiki discussions, there are ***** who just spam useless stuff or straight-out ask new users inappropriate things. I can't say that I appreciate them canning the chat, but I understand it. Moderators are mostly volunteers that have lives of their own, and they don't always have the time to deal with chat messes or floods. Plus, some of it's users are not fully ready yet to see the whole of internet chatting. There can be some... Ugly stuff.

EDIT: the word that was censored was jerky without the y and in plurial form.

Edited by Princess_Aurora, 16 March 2018 - 12:18 AM.

Friendship is magic!

16 March 2018 - 02:48 AM

The_Real_Bug

Expert Trainer

• The_Real_Bug

But that doesn't justify some fluffheads who hog 45 Computer Searches. That's right, the guy had FOURTY-FIVE Computer Searches. That's enough computers to effectuate a corporate-sized DDoS attack on something. What in the world was he doing with 45 CS, you may ask? Simple. He was having fun playing Wall Street man. And when it crashed, he got what he had coming for him. 

Pokemon Trading Card Game Online

TRADING

16 March 2018 - 02:52 AM

abinhathbour456

Elite Trainer

• abinhathbour456

They're currently doing a great job for updates so far, compared to some of the other companies such as Pixonic or Supercell. I admit that getting the cards that you want may be hard in certain cases, but what would be the point of the whole game if there wasn't any challenge?

Here's an example. Have you ever played Minecraft? If you give yourself a big bunch of Diamond Blocks (I've always wondered how these fit in a pocket) and switch into survival mode, you won't have a lot of fun using the Diamond equipment against mobs. But if you played it for a looooong time, and finally find two Diamonds... Even a single Diamond Sword can be pleasant to wield.

Or another example: if the most useful items in an entire game can be obtained within 15 minutes of registration, everyone will be using them and there's going to be a royal pain in the neck meta going on. What happens if everyone gets Zoroark-GX or Gardevoir-GX? You'll see them everywhere, and people will have nightmares about them.

My point is, if people want to enjoy the equipment they use, they need to earn it. The harder, the better. But when it's too hard, the whole thing loses it's point.

And for the chat canning, I understand why they made it. I'm a moderator on a wikia for a game called "War Robots", and believe me, even in casual wiki discussions, there are ***** who just spam useless stuff or straight-out ask new users inappropriate things. I can't say that I appreciate them canning the chat, but I understand it. Moderators are mostly volunteers that have lives of their own, and they don't always have the time to deal with chat messes or floods. Plus, some of it's users are not fully ready yet to see the whole of internet chatting. There can be some... Ugly stuff.

EDIT: the word that was censored was jerky without the y and in plurial form.

wow you made your account days ago and your everywhere and have a lot of things to say about everything it seems like someone made an alternate account so nothing will back fire at him or her.

Edited by abinhathbour456, 16 March 2018 - 02:53 AM.

Member Of Top Cut And Director Of Trades.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/25163-the-top-cut-trading-inc-2-ultra-prism-added/

owner of guru cave trading co. come check it out

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/45628-the-guru-cave-trading-co-gctc-back-in-business/page-1

16 March 2018 - 03:35 AM

picsupes

Junior Trainer

• picsupes

wow you made your account days ago and your everywhere and have a lot of things to say about everything it seems like someone made an alternate account so nothing will back fire at him or her.

wow you sure are catty aren't you?

16 March 2018 - 12:39 PM

grriffinn

Trainer

• grriffinn

Gonna throw in my two cents and say yes to either putting these in tradelocked form back into the shop for coins or  for expanding Gems worldwide (with MUCH fairer Gem prices, of course) and putting them in a a sort of "day one" celebration for their international release.

Eh... There were (and still are, I know I'm one) a few of us out there that don't believe what the TCGO staff said in regards to canning the chat and assume that something else was going on at the time. The incredibly simple explanation of "the trolls won" without actually going into more thorough detail sounds like something damaging happened and TPCi's (and by extension the staff's) reaction to it was canning the feature in its entirety.

And the "Some of its users are not fully ready to see the whole of internet chatting" part is a bit funky. While that feature should've been turned off of for those kinds of players at the start (there's even a option to turn off the in-game chat on the main site's user settings), the part of teaching your kids the do's and do not's of internet communications and how to deal with its negative side should be on the parents instead of the company itself.

The TCGO is game, not a babysitter that can keep your rugrats busy while you do other things.

16 March 2018 - 05:02 PM

Princess_Aurora

Senior Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

Pokemon Trading Card Game Online

TRADING

Exactly. TRADING.

not PIGGING out on a certain cards and try to inflate it's price like a balloon.

Friendship is magic!

16 March 2018 - 05:06 PM

Princess_Aurora

Senior Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

I guess that I'm just a fast learner. Forums are all the same, so my past experiences could have helped. And so far, I don't have any alternate accounts, so you can be sure that we haven't met before.

Actually, it's my first time on the PTCGO forums. The grammar is of much better quality than the other ones that I've seen.  :)

Friendship is magic!

16 March 2018 - 05:14 PM

Princess_Aurora

Senior Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

Gonna throw in my two cents and say yes to either putting these in tradelocked form back into the shop for coins or  for expanding Gems worldwide (with MUCH fairer Gem prices, of course) and putting them in a a sort of "day one" celebration for their international release.

Eh... There were (and still are, I know I'm one) a few of us out there that don't believe what the TCGO staff said in regards to canning the chat and assume that something else was going on at the time. The incredibly simple explanation of "the trolls won" without actually going into more thorough detail sounds like something damaging happened and TPCi's (and by extension the staff's) reaction to it was canning the feature in its entirety.

And the "Some of its users are not fully ready to see the whole of internet chatting" part is a bit funky. While that feature should've been turned off of for those kinds of players at the start (there's even a option to turn off the in-game chat on the main site's user settings), the part of teaching your kids the do's and do not's of internet communications and how to deal with its negative side should be on the parents instead of the company itself.

The TCGO is game, not a babysitter that can keep your rugrats busy while you do other things.

Hmm.... Good point. To be honest, I haven't looked at the reasons they gave for the canning, I just assumed. You're right about kids having to see the dark side of the internet, but one of the biggest problems in unrestrained chat is salt. Quite frankly, some forums and game chats beat Salar de Uyuni in terms of saltiness.

I'm not sure if there was a lot of salt when they canned it, but it could be a valid reason. Although that I kinda miss the uncanned chat, saying "Good luck, have fun!" to someone and getting a reply along the lines of "幸運は楽しいです" was pretty hilarious. We resorted to using the smiley emojis to communicate since that there was a language barrier.

Emojis are language barrier breakers.

Friendship is magic!

16 March 2018 - 10:14 PM

The_Real_Bug

Expert Trainer

• The_Real_Bug

Exactly. TRADING.

not PIGGING out on a certain cards and try to inflate it's price like a balloon.

This is capitalism, deal with it.

16 March 2018 - 10:30 PM

Princess_Aurora

Senior Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

This is capitalism, deal with it.

That isn't capitalism, it's capitalism at it's worst. And you make it sound like it's great to hog things, but it's not. The guy that we're speaking had a skydrop of about 1300 packs in value down.

And since that you want to play community hero so much, why are you supporting players that are depriving their peers of valuable tactical assets?

Edited by Princess_Aurora, 16 March 2018 - 10:30 PM.

Friendship is magic!

17 March 2018 - 12:30 AM

The_Real_Bug

Expert Trainer

• The_Real_Bug

That isn't capitalism, it's capitalism at it's worst. And you make it sound like it's great to hog things, but it's not. The guy that we're speaking had a skydrop of about 1300 packs in value down.

And since that you want to play community hero so much, why are you supporting players that are depriving their peers of valuable tactical assets?

Listen kiddo:

I.

Am.

Nobody's.

Hero.

If i have to pick a side, i'm siding with the traders but if there was a way in which casuals could get some valuable cards with a fair grinding effort then i'm totally rooting for it as long as it doesn't destroy the rarity of those cards.

Simply giving away valuable cards on the Versus Ladder is simply not the case.

Weekly in-game shop bundles were an actual fair way to get some valuable promo cards and they decided to stop it.

Get your facts straight and know your role.

I'm not your hero neither your enemy.

Great power comes with great responsibility, so with that being said if the plan is for everyone to possess every single card at least it should be done in a fashionable way in which it doens't destroy the trading aspect.

Edited by The_Real_Bug, 17 March 2018 - 12:30 AM.

17 March 2018 - 02:07 AM

Princess_Aurora

Senior Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

Great power comes with great responsibility, so with that being said if the plan is for everyone to possess every single card at least it should be done in a fashionable way in which it doens't destroy the trading aspect.

Wrong! With great power comes great electric bills. Or great Pokepuff bills if you're using a Pikachu. 

Anyways, they aren't "simply giving away" valuable cards on the versus ladder, they're actually rewarding active players. It's not their fault that some fluffhead decided to hog 45 Computer Searches, it's as dumb as stocking up on 45 Lunala-Prism. 

They aren't destroying the trading aspect, as 45 CS can't really be called trading. It sounds more like stock investment to me. However, if they started adding Gardie GX, Zoroark GX or Lele GX, then​ they would be destroying the trading aspect. Which is not currently the case.

And I agree that they shouldn't destroy the rarity of cards, because that if they added 2011 Tropical Beaches to ladder it would take away the entire meaning of being at the WCs. But when a card's rarity is artificially controlled by doofbags who stockpile 45 of them, they deserve the slap of economy when it comes to ladder.

Does the casual player have more than 4 copies of a card? Yes, but only because that they're extras from pack openings. Does the casual player do massive trade networks to get 40 copies of the same card? No, they'll think that you're crazy if they see you doing that. So the addition of Ace Spec Computer Search will greatly benefit the mass of players who doesn't have access to it, because of so-called "traders". They're Snorlaxes in term of trading cards, nothing more.

And just to make things clear, I do not defend the implementation of CS in ladder because that I needed it, but because that I truly believe will be a valuable asset to casuals. As a matter of fact, I find Scramble Switch more useful than a Computer Search, but that's just personal taste.

Edited by Princess_Aurora, 17 March 2018 - 02:08 AM.

Friendship is magic!

17 March 2018 - 01:04 PM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_

Can you please stop taking the thread of a well known troll and scammer so serious ?

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

17 March 2018 - 07:06 PM

Princess_Aurora

Senior Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

Can you please stop taking the thread of a well known troll and scammer so serious ?

Oh, he is a troll? I guess that it explains quite a lot of things. Thanks for letting me know.

Friendship is magic!

24 June 2018 - 04:47 PM

kaixx77

Rookie Trainer

• kaixx77

Now I know this will be a very.. very unpopular post with some of the major traders out there, but that's only because it's one of the major reasons I'm advocating for the return of Vivid sets.

- Brief history on what Vivid Sets are: Back in the early years of Pokemon TCG Online there were gameplay sets of Sleeves/Deckboxes you could purchase with Gems when the currency was in the early stages of first being introduced. These were the Vivid sets that you see of Thundurus, Mewtwo, & Victini. (We don't include the Vivid Gengar set as that came later, and has been widely available on more than one occasion to obtain both in-shop, & freely through special challenges).

- Why are they so expensive? Well as time went on, these rotated out of the shop, and the players who obtained them have either quit, gotten banned somehow, or stockpiled them over the years without letting them heavily circulate out into the community.

- Why should we care about reintroducing them back into the shop? We must first acknowledge the fact there is a rampant black market regarding this game, meaning people illegally sell digital cards or gameplay items even though it's against the game's Terms of Service. These sets in the underground market are worth virtually THOUSANDS of dollars to obtain via illegal tactics, or purchasing THOUSANDS of dollars worth of code cards, etc. to even trade for 1 of these sets.

It is ridiculous that something within the game has even gotten to this point of value. Let's collectively put an end to this type of underground market, by starting with these. It'll be a HUGE win for the company, & us the players as there are alot of us out there who want to enjoy these sets.. without having to sell our kidneys lol.

Thank you.

I just know that your idea of the game affects my collection. I've been playing for years and I've never seen my collection so much lower.

26 June 2018 - 12:14 AM

bateloche

Rookie Trainer

• bateloche

It just died? That was an awesome suggestion by Ou74s7 and we should not let it just fade away....

28 June 2018 - 02:46 AM

OU7C4ST

Senior Trainer

• OU7C4ST

I just know that your idea of the game affects my collection. I've been playing for years and I've never seen my collection so much lower.

I completely understand your concerns of thinking rarity should still be a thing, and you would like to have a collection to be proud of that includes very rare items.

I have quite the collection myself, but the extreme rarity of things should not be at the point where "underground markets" are making thousands off these sets. It's quite ridiculous. The developers need to address this issue.

Overall, this is suppose to be a game where your account should only have sentimental value, & not actual IRL value to begin with.

OU7C4ST - /r/ptcgo Head Moderator
Twitch's #1 PTCGO Streamer
Founder of OU7C4ST's Card Value Guide

Check out my YT for Deck Reviews, & More!