About the Legacy Tournaments

• Please log in to reply

28 February 2018 - 12:44 AM

danieljf1989

Novice Trainer

• danieljf1989

Please, I beg you, reconsider discontinuing the Legacy Tournaments. As a Legacy-only player, you are taking away from me all I've been doing in the game.

The reason for taking them away is not reasonable. It could take like 30 minutes sometimes to get a Lecagy Tournament going, but I was OK with it. I don't really care about waiting, as long as I can play them. It is ever worse to not be able to play them!

I've had so much fun with this game and my Legacy deck for more than a year, and now it is pretty much dead to me.

By scrolling the feedback, I see there are other players that feel the same.

So again, I ask you guys to reconsider this action.

28 February 2018 - 12:48 AM

abinhathbour456

Elite Trainer

• abinhathbour456

i agree with you 100%.

Member Of Top Cut And Director Of Trades.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/25163-the-top-cut-trading-inc-2-ultra-prism-added/

owner of guru cave trading co. come check it out

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/45628-the-guru-cave-trading-co-gctc-back-in-business/page-1

28 February 2018 - 03:33 AM

seminc

Elite Trainer

• seminc
They said they might reinstate them if it turns out to be a bad idea, so if we make enough of a stink we’ve got a shot

seminc

Da Señor Guru

63% Complete — 2 Sets Complete

28 February 2018 - 09:10 AM

TOONAAA

Trainer

• TOONAAA

+1 to legacy tournaments

28 February 2018 - 11:01 AM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

We want it back! Please.

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

5th day reward packs list http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/56679-5th-day-log-in-pack-is-random-got-a-gur-dd/?p=593037

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista

28 February 2018 - 12:02 PM

Mod_GuruLot

• Mod_GuruLot

Please, I beg you, reconsider discontinuing the Legacy Tournaments. As a Legacy-only player, you are taking away from me all I've been doing in the game.

The reason for taking them away is not reasonable. It could take like 30 minutes sometimes to get a Lecagy Tournament going, but I was OK with it. I don't really care about waiting, as long as I can play them. It is ever worse to not be able to play them!

I've had so much fun with this game and my Legacy deck for more than a year, and now it is pretty much dead to me.

By scrolling the feedback, I see there are other players that feel the same.

So again, I ask you guys to reconsider this action.

Hello, danieljf1989 and everyone else on this thread, 

I appreciate all your feedback, we do like to know what players like, dislike or want to improve in the game. 

Keep this awesome input up!  :)

Best, 
Mod_Gurulot
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

For more help please visit our Help Center to submit a request.

Prior to posting in the forum, please check out the forum rules.

28 February 2018 - 07:10 PM

Jigglypuffan

Elite Trainer

• Jigglypuffan

a little suggestion

if you bring back legacy, the reward should be all random pack ..

people are waiting for good prize to play legacy, if its random , people will join more legacy tourney.

28 February 2018 - 07:53 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello Trainers,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this. I would recommend that you continue to share your feedback regarding this announcement on the feedback thread below: 

http://forums.pokemo...cards-you-want/

Thanks!

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

28 February 2018 - 09:57 PM

Loof6

Veteran Trainer

• Loof6

Yes, please bring the legacy event back. Maybe we can try with only 4 starter to reduce the time to start.

01 March 2018 - 03:17 AM

Nin3br3ak3r

Rookie Trainer

• Nin3br3ak3r

I will be providing feedback on that thread as well.... 

It was a great format and it was definitely hard to fire tourneys. I had a lot of fun playing it and it would have been great if we got SOME support for the format. I mean, I had 8(!) unique decks for the format and would try to get in a tourney at least once a week if not more.

Say what you want, but building 8 unique decks which had cards not USABLE in any other format took a big chunk of value from my collection :(

01 March 2018 - 03:03 PM

Loof6

Veteran Trainer

• Loof6

Hey mods and TCPi,

If you had not abolished the legacy events, these formats would certainly play more people as soon as the packs are in the shop. And that is supposed to be the case with the April update.

So i dont understand why you remove legacy events. Look what happend wirh the format after the packs are in the shop. If there is still no improvement, you can still think about what to do with this format.

01 March 2018 - 03:27 PM

CorruptedCoffee

Junior Trainer

• CorruptedCoffee

+1 please bring them back.

06 March 2018 - 03:31 AM

Moo0000000000

Rookie Trainer

• Moo0000000000

I had just learned the legacy format and enjoyed playing in 8-man tournaments. The wait was never a problem.  Perspective of a United States player.

Edited by Moo0000000000, 06 March 2018 - 03:32 AM.

07 March 2018 - 10:36 PM

joeythebigboss

Senior Trainer

• joeythebigboss
Signed you have my vote bring back Legacy tournament

08 March 2018 - 02:29 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi
Signed. From a person who hated playing tourneys

08 March 2018 - 02:45 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

My son is a very good Halo player.  Not me.  I'm target practice for others.

But I know Halo has had several Campaign Challenges that were enjoyable.  For reasons that seem oblivious to the players, they just up and cancel them, and usually replace them with another.  Most likely, and maybe this is the case here, they shut down these Campaigns because of low participation and a new player might think, "Gee, this sucks.  No one ever plays this stupid game, so I'm not going to either."

Anyone think maybe The Pokémon Company has something else in mind, and all of our bellowing is wasted wind?

What I worry about, is that worse news may be coming down the road.  Since TPCi also controls things like annual Format Rotation in the real world, what if they're going to shakeup Expanded this year, and this is a prelude?

I'm hoping for the best.  Maybe they'll reinstate Legacy tournaments?  Maybe they have an entirely new Format in mind, something like a modified Unlimited?

13 October 2018 - 06:01 AM

trainee-trainer

Rookie Trainer

• trainee-trainer

Hello,

I am almost 8 months removed from the last request to bring the legacy tournaments back, but I still miss them. The reasons given to discontinue the legacy tournaments were true. It could take more than an hour (especially late at night/or early in the morning) to get a tournament started. The staple cards of a good legacy deck (junk arm, computer search, etc.) could be difficult to acquire, which meant fewer people had access to a playable legacy deck. While those concerns were real, there were many benefits that may not have been seen as beneficial at the time. The group of competitive legacy players was smaller than the groups of standard and expanded, and I imagine many of them overlapped with other formats, but the people who played legacy competitively really liked it. The complex strategies and how pokepowers and abilities of pokemon interacted on the battlefield created an arena where the impossible became possible. A seemingly hopeless position could turn into a win by taking a second (or third) look at the board. Thankfully, the developers did not discard the legacy format altogether, and it is still playable in versus, but I hope they decide to let players win tradeable legacy packs by playing legacy tournaments again.

ps: As others have mentioned previously, the rounds of tournaments could be restructured to make up for the extended waiting time to participate in a tournament. An idea could be a tournament where a tournament could cost up to 8 tickets, but has a 15 minute registration limit. The ticket cost of the tournament could be one ticket per each participant up to 8 tickets. The prizes could follow one HS & one BW per 3 tickets raised. This would follow approximately what the standard and expanded give out as prizes (packs and tokens). Regardless the tournament situation, I hope you continue to run the legacy format in versus..

18 October 2018 - 05:25 PM

danieljf1989

Novice Trainer

• danieljf1989

Still really wanting to see Legacy Tournaments make a comeback. Any chance of that happening?

21 October 2018 - 09:39 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Still really wanting to see Legacy Tournaments make a comeback. Any chance of that happening?

It's possible they'll reinstate them in the future.  Based on the trends we've seen, though, I can't say it's likely.

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

24 October 2018 - 04:35 PM

Otakutron

Senior Trainer

• Otakutron

I too miss the Legacy Tournaments.  Short version is, at this point I barely play Standard or Expanded.  Legacy fell by the wayside only because of decreased PTCGO play in general, and then others not playing the Legacy Format so much... which predated older boosters and theme decks becoming a regular shop item.

If there aren't enough folks interested in having them on demand, how about just adding them back in once a month, or once every few months.

If you do not have Private Messages enabled, it really limits you in discussing the Pokémon TCG. ;)