• Please log in to reply

28 February 2018 - 05:15 AM

idealassimilate

Rookie Trainer

• idealassimilate
Why would you take out token tournament's that have ticket rewards and legacy format !!!
I think you will lose alot of active players because the number of tournament tickets is limited now..
I don't get it.

28 February 2018 - 05:18 AM

idealassimilate

Rookie Trainer

• idealassimilate

Do I have to remind you that it's a Trading Card Game? You killed 30% of the trading market and closed the door for new collectors. Getting specific card will now require opening hundreds of packs and dealing with most of them being junk. Wow... So much fun...
Oh, and you closed the door for present collectors too by removing bundles.
Aaand you removed legacy events because "it seemed less fun to you". What a bu***t, selfish explanation. Imagine, there were solid amount of people who enjoyed it despite having to wait.

28 February 2018 - 05:18 AM

Der2101

Rookie Trainer

• Der2101

Please please bring back Legacy tournaments.  

1) Although the queue to begin a Legacy tournament may have taken several minutes, it's better to give those who are willing to wait the option than to take the format away altogether.  If players get impatient and leave the tournament queue, they get their tickets back so no one is harmed by leaving Legacy tournaments in the game.

2) A primary reason that Legacy tournaments had little participation was precisely because it was so difficult to get viable cards to play in the Legacy meta.  Now that you have re-introduced all the old boosters into the shop and people have easy access to Legacy packs, this will only increase the Legacy format participation.  

28 February 2018 - 05:38 AM

grriffinn

Trainer

• grriffinn

Please please bring back Legacy tournaments.  

1) Although the queue to begin a Legacy tournament may have taken several minutes, it's better to give those who are willing to wait the option than to take the format away altogether.  If players get impatient and leave the tournament queue, they get their tickets back so no one is harmed by leaving Legacy tournaments in the game.

2) A primary reason that Legacy tournaments had little participation was precisely because it was so difficult to get viable cards to play in the Legacy meta.  Now that you have re-introduced all the old boosters into the shop and people have easy access to Legacy packs, this will only increase the Legacy format participation.  

Eh... You'd still have to deal with Tier 0 decks like Genesect EX/Celebi Prime/Virizion EX and Weavile/Eggs running rampant if Legacy tournaments were still being run.

28 February 2018 - 06:41 AM

birdboy2000

Rookie Trainer

• birdboy2000

I'm gonna miss legacy and coin tournaments like heck, feels like I'll have nothing to do after I get 11 wins if I wanna spend a day playing pokemon cards.  And tournament losses will be so much more painful with tickets so hard to come by.  Token increases are nice, I guess, but a lot less appealing when the only thing I can use them on are tradelocked packs.

Wish Legacy had more players, don't get me wrong, but shaking up the format by adding a couple sets or making old cards easier to obtain would be vastly preferable to this.

28 February 2018 - 06:52 AM

CapitanFortune

Rookie Trainer

• CapitanFortune

Please use this thread to provide your constructive feedback about the announcement Making it Easier To Get the Cards You Want.

I think the change in the legacy tournaments is good. But disgusted by the closing of the ticket tournaments. How tickets will be obtained now.

This change only forces players to have to spend real money to get them, it's just a play to fill their pockets and not an improvement for the game or the gameplay.

It is a great disappointment

28 February 2018 - 07:28 AM

Rayram

Novice Trainer

• Rayram

How to make this update a 0% negative, 100% positive:
1. Bring back Legacy Tournaments. Just because you feel like waiting isn't fun, doesn't mean you should remove this feature entirely. This is an abysmally awful decision to make, particularly as it came with no warning.
2. Keep promo bundles, or the ability to acquire older promo cards, available through the shop. 
3. Bring back token tournaments. It just makes sense that since you are increasing the amount of token gains, that people can participate in these tournaments more often. Why remove this as an option? Server space???
4. The Standard Format Tournament should always have current expansion booster packs up for prize. Turning the drops all random increases the risk of unwanted booster packs, and reduces the amount of tournament players during new expansions. By extension, removing the guarantee of receiving current expansion booster packs greatly inhibits trade, as current expansion boosters are pretty much the main trading currency most of the time. Extra tokens are no substitute to trade-able booster packs. Tokens only guarantee what expansion you get. Trade-able booster packs guarantee specific cards. Guaranteed specific cards > hoping to get the cards you want by spending thousands of tokens on an expansion. I recall you stating that the point of adding all the expansions to the shop was so people would find it easier to get the cards they wanted.

The vast majority of updates that are considered negative are because you've removed options or features from the game. This has always been the trend. Nobody likes having their freedom restricted, everybody likes choice. I suggest that the next time you consider removing something from the game, give a good reason, and go over it with the community. There hasn't ever been enough of that here, and chances are people will tell you why something is a poor decision or why something will have substantially negative consequences before you go ahead and implement a change that is universally hated.

Lastly, add two factor authentication as a feature. Seriously. This honestly should be a top priority given the recent account compromises. Accounts from people who pay for codes and gems, who actually give revenue to the game. From people who you will potentially lose loyalty from. Accounts from players who did no wrong, and made no mistakes, and still got shafted, which could've all been avoided with this secure feature on services such as Steam.

Edited by Rayram, 01 March 2018 - 02:33 AM.

28 February 2018 - 07:58 AM

jessica68

Novice Trainer

• jessica68

So... If Legacy is gone, is there any chance to bring back Unlimited?? :D

With shiftry and forest banned it would not be as oppressive as it used to be. AND if there are any issues, you can do PTCGO banlists only for unlimited. It wouldn't be the first time you guys stepped in to help balance a format (theme deck changes in past).

I REALLY want to try new cards with the older legacy cards. It would be a fun and exciting way to refresh the staling legacy format.

28 February 2018 - 08:05 AM

idealassimilate

Rookie Trainer

• idealassimilate

How to make this update a 0% negative, 100% positive:
1. Bring back Legacy Tournaments. Just because you feel like waiting isn't fun, doesn't mean you should remove this feature entirely. This is an abysmally awful decision to make, particularly as it came with no warning.
2. Keep promo bundles, or the ability to acquire older promo cards, available through the shop. 
3. Bring back token tournaments. It just makes sense that since you are increasing the amount of token gains, that people can participate in these tournaments more often. Why remove this as an option? Server space???
4. The Standard Format should always have current expansion booster packs up for prize. Turning the drops all random increases the risk of unwanted booster packs, and reduces the amount of tournament players during new expansions. By extension, removing the guarantee of receiving current expansion booster packs greatly inhibits trade, as current expansion boosters are pretty much the main trading currency most of the time. Extra tokens are no substitute to trade-able booster packs. Tokens only guarantee what expansion you get. Trade-able booster packs guarantee specific cards. Guaranteed specific cards > hoping to get the cards you want by spending thousands of tokens on an expansion. I recall you stating that the point of adding all the expansions to the shop was so people would find it easier to get the cards they wanted.
The vast majority of updates that are considered negative are because you've removed options or features from the game. This has always been the trend. Nobody likes having their freedom restricted, everybody likes choice. I suggest that the next time you consider removing something from the game, give a good reason, and go over it with the community. There hasn't ever been enough of that here, and chances are people will tell you why something is a poor decision or why something will have substantially negative consequences before you go ahead and implement a change that is universally hated.
Lastly, add two factor authentication as a feature. Seriously. This honestly should be a top priority given the recent account compromises. Accounts from people who pay for codes and gems, who actually give revenue to the game. From people who you will potentially lose loyalty from. Accounts from players who did no wrong, and made no mistakes, and still got shafted, which could've all been avoided with this secure feature on services such as Steam.

28 February 2018 - 08:09 AM

777alex7770

Rookie Trainer

• 777alex7770

No Respect

As a collector have been buying "collector choice" theme decks from the shop for several months now. Have had to save many coins to do so, meant spending hours each day winning vs matches. Also have spent many packs both unlocking and getting a tradable copy of many of them through pub.

Now someone decides these should be available year long and make them a lot easier to get by doubling vs coins.

What was the point of having collector choice if you were gonna make them perpetually available and make them cost a lot less?

On getting rid of legacy seems like a change for the worse. 

Edited by 777alex7770, 28 February 2018 - 08:40 AM.

28 February 2018 - 09:37 AM

Mekkah

Trainer

• Mekkah

Sam, how does removing Legacy tournaments improve anyone's experience of the game? If someone doesn't want to wait they can choose not to do so. 

By introducing Legacy packs to the shop, you're also increasing Legacy's accessibility, so the waiting problem is bound to become less of one. 

28 February 2018 - 09:43 AM

LugiaPesadilla

Trainer

• LugiaPesadilla
Legacy problem is they have few users, but this users are lovers than this format. If the legacy tournament are not more avaliable, the format no raise becouse people only play in digital game needs the packs and they play standart o expanded. I'm so sad today. Mods you consider return unlimited format? This is the solution of low tournaments participation. Gigant forest now are banned and you must baned other cards in unlimited if they are broken (unlimited is original of online, consecuantly no conditionated from banned oficial cards in other formats). If unlimited return, people can play with all cards and the participation raise, old packs value will motivate it.

28 February 2018 - 10:10 AM

Nickles12345678

Novice Trainer

• Nickles12345678

Overall pretty cool update.

My Ideas:

a) Bring back legacy for those who want to play it ( i dont). If they want to wait they will. If they dont want to wait they wont. Why wouldnt you let them choose? It makes no sense. Let them choose if they want to wait or not. No drawbacks here for anyone else really so why take that mode away?

b ) Make only half of boosters won in tournaments random. The other half should be pickable by the player who won the boosters with their choice being limited to standard packs in standard tournaments, expanded packs in expanded tournaments and legacy packs in legacy tournaments. That actually meets your plans to make "it easier for people to get what they want".

c) 

Alternative 1:

Introduce the 89 Token Versions of tournaments for all formats and let people play for tournament tickets again but this the time in the format they like most

Alternative 2:

If Coin Tournaments dont come back,  what about rewarding every match won on the versus ladder after match 11 with 1 tournament ticket in addition to the 5 gold

Edited by Nickles12345678, 28 February 2018 - 10:13 AM.

28 February 2018 - 10:14 AM

DERP-IT-GOOD

Novice Trainer

• DERP-IT-GOOD

Well, let me start by saying I am absolutely DEVASTATED by the decision to remove Legacy tournaments. :(

Legacy format was a creative idea to replace the old Unlimited format and it is really needed in the game for people to enjoy the old cards from the HS and BW eras. We need to promote and support this format, not restrict it further.

I have never had trouble matching in Legacy in VS mode, but some times in the day there wouldn't be enough players to start a tournament. However, there are plenty of other peak times of the day or week when Legacy tournaments are popular, and I am completely baffled by the removal of such a feature.

By removing Legacy Tournaments, you are also removing the tradable Legacy pack rewards given by them. These are vital for supporting this format, as they provide players with more Legacy cards, with the option of trading for other packs or cards. Without tournaments, Legacy players have even less to play for.

I am one of the many players who mainly play Legacy. It is special to me since I started playing in the 2013 NXD-on format and Generation 2 is my favourite generation of Pokémon. In addition, I have moved to a country with no Organized Play and no shops that carry Pokémon TCG products. Although I can sometimes order some new card products online at a cost, Legacy format remains the best way for me to stay in touch with the game that I love.

I don't want to write a message purely on emotion. I truly want to see Legacy format be popular and I can put forward some suggestions:

We can push Legacy into greater heights if we follow some basic concepts:

1. Increase awareness of Legacy format

2. Greater ease of acquiring Legacy cards

3. Increase content and information resources

4. Increase incentives to play Legacy

5. Consider alternative tournament rules for Legacy

1. Increase awareness of Legacy format

We can could use one of the rotating backgrounds on the homepage to promote Legacy.

We could promote Legacy format in real life by holding an invitational event with well known players.

We could host a high stakes Legacy event with significant prizes.

Add some visible tags to packs/decks/cards that might say "Legacy staple" or "Great in Legacy", which could have different colors for different formats.

Greater posts, articles, videos.

2. Greater ease of acquiring Legacy cards

A good job was done in the past by awarding some playable Legacy cards through the VS ladder, Mystery Box, and reintroducing packs/theme decks/bundles in the shop for limited times. I was very supportive of the availability of locked cards such as Jirachi EX, Genesect EX, Landorus EX, Typhlosion Prime, Feraligatr Prime. All these should continue.

By making all the Legacy packs available in the shop permanently as announced should allow players to acquire them easier too.

However, we still would need tradable versions of the packs and cards, or else we will have to rely on luck and could easily be stuck with many locked copies of cards we don't want. (So please bring back Legacy tournaments)

Perhaps a limited 1-time bundle of Legacy packs (possibly including staple cards) and a cheaper price.

3. Increase content and information resources

There are detailed strategy articles and tournament deck lists on the official Pokémon website, why not have some for Legacy?

After hosting a big Legacy event, they could be available online as VODs, like with other Standard/Expanded events.

Video guides on the format in general, specific deck building, or specific deck gameplay. There are many great content makers out there that could get some recognition here. I am even in the process creating some Legacy content too.

4. Increase incentives to play Legacy

We could give greater rewards. Legacy tournaments used to award set numbers of 2 sets before it was changed to include some random packs. What if the player could choose the (tradable) set they wanted?

We could give unique rewards specific for Legacy. It could be bringing some form of Achievements back for number of wins in VS or tournaments, or awarding cosmetic features like titles, borders, avatar items.

Special Challenges for Legacy format.

5. Consider alternative tournament rules for Legacy

If 8-person single elimination knock out is not popular, why hasn't Swiss or even Round Robin been considered? Swiss has many advantages including: mirroring the tournaments at most sanctioned events before they use single elimination for top cut, you could keep the number of rounds at 3 and have a minimum requirement of 4 players to automatically start if the maximum number (which could be 8) was not reached in a time limit (which could be 10 minutes), it would match people with a similar win/loss, and the amount of prizes could be scaled to the number of entrants.

Even draft/sealed would be fun by allowing people to enter with a combination of 4 of the required pack or multiples of 200 tokens.

I could probably continue with this post but I'll end here for now. You can tell I have so much love for Legacy. I didn't even mention I have built 3 full Legacy decks irl and have lots of old cards to build more, and they are always enjoyed when I bring them out. I will even let slide the pain of the removal of many beloved features in the past. I would just really love to hear some positive news and future plans for the Legacy format. To remove tournaments with no warning really hurts.

Thanks for your time,

A concerned Legacy fan

Edited by DERP-IT-GOOD, 28 February 2018 - 01:26 PM.

28 February 2018 - 10:33 AM

idealassimilate

Rookie Trainer

• idealassimilate
Normally I'd be playing in token tourneys right now.
And trying to find good legacy trades in between.

I have no reason to log in though now because I can't play in any tournament's
As I have played my 11 worth while match ups that reward tickets.

And I have all of the standard and expanded content..

Why would you take away reasons for people to play?

Nothing to-do after 11 wins... is lame...

I really hope you guys figure it out.

28 February 2018 - 12:08 PM

kenx

Novice Trainer

• kenx

i have to say changes to the tournements arnt that great i dont like the fact you get random packs now i just won a 8 ticket tourney and got 6 packs that are useless also unless the packs from shop would be tradeable the 400 coins i got are useless as well unless you add a way to buy tickets for tournments since now theres not tournment for tickets..

im not sure where you got 30 mins for a coin tournment i used to run them back to back all the time to win tickets now its going to be alot harder to get tickets... seems like a cash in on trying to make more money from the shop

Edited by kenx, 28 February 2018 - 12:09 PM.

28 February 2018 - 01:05 PM

Yoggington

Novice Trainer

• Yoggington

1st Place Standard 8 Ticket Rewards:
·         6 random boosters from expansions in the Standard format
·         400 Trainer Tokens. 

With those Trainer Tokens, you can immediately go to the Shop and obtain 2 boosters from whatever expansion that you are interested in.

But what I (and I'd bet, most people) want, is tradable packs so that we can go get the cards we want via trading, instead of gambling on the lottery of opening locked packs. Even with every pack ever released now available in shop, this is meaningless when they are all trade-locked. When it's always the latest expansion that holds the most value in the trade market, random boosters makes the prizes much worse than the old set-up. Coins are practically worthless in the game compared to tradable packs.

Unless you are planning to make shop-bought packs tradable, this is a big step backwards. And in no way offset by the minor improvements in other parts of the update.

Packs from the latest expansion please. Or at the very least, let us see what the prize is in advance, so I can know if it's worth my time playing an hour of play for six awful Evolution packs.

Edited by Yoggington, 28 February 2018 - 01:07 PM.

28 February 2018 - 01:19 PM

Asmodeus88

Rookie Trainer

• Asmodeus88

I can only agree with the one who wrote it before me.

Legacy-Tournament was only so unpopular/slow because there wasn't a possibility available to get the packs you needed all the time.

WIth your decision to add all boosters to the shop that could change because now the people wouldn't have to wait for some months to finish half made decks because the week with the boosters needed was over.

So I think Legacy should stay available as a tournament format.

It also wouldn't be too bad to let most of the current tournament reward system be. With the rotating boosters in expanding and legacy we knew that we would get at least 2 of 6 boosters that we wanted.

28 February 2018 - 01:23 PM

loma4e4ka

Novice Trainer

• loma4e4ka

Good changes,but still w8ing for time when i can exchange my tickets for cards,because i realy hate tournament they are too long.

What to do with 101 copy of locked-garbage cards in collection? You cant destroy them,you cant exchange them,you cant trade them (still this is trading card came)

And how about new formats of play like - Arena , Draft or others ways to deversify gameplay?

28 February 2018 - 02:02 PM

CDPlayorr

Rookie Trainer

• CDPlayorr
Love the changes to rewards and look forward to having Legacy packs available in the store. I personally loved the Legacy tournaments and hope they can return at some point.