• Please log in to reply

02 April 2018 - 05:02 AM

Mini_UKenglish

Junior Trainer

• Mini_UKenglish

I think its a bad idea to get rid of legacy tournaments! How are we suppose to get unlocked legacy packs now????? Me personally , i enjoyed legacy events, and now that's its gone I cant get old legacy packs to trade anymore. If you want to take it away from the fans (legacy tournaments), then at least please make a way for legacy players to get trade-able legacy packs and not just locked legacy packs.  That's my 2 cents.

02 April 2018 - 06:11 AM

Nickles12345678

Novice Trainer

• Nickles12345678

No BW Decks yet :/

Cmon guys, im sitting on over 5000 coins now  -_-

02 April 2018 - 02:55 PM

melmarcant

Rookie Trainer

• melmarcant

Stuck at 23 tickets, really frustrating

Bring back coins tournaments!

03 April 2018 - 12:50 AM

goodgoy

Rookie Trainer

• goodgoy

When will the rest of the updates come online? HGSS packs, all theme decks, etc.

16 April 2018 - 02:13 AM

Mini_UKenglish

Junior Trainer

• Mini_UKenglish

So any word on if we are getting legacy tournaments back yet Pokemon??  and if not, how do you tell the players we get tradeable legacy packs now since we can't win them in legacy tournaments? ? Please Pokemon respond :(

23 April 2018 - 03:16 PM

freezekent

Rookie Trainer

• freezekent

I'm still sad that they gutted legacy tournaments.  Really hope they bring them back soon.

It's also been nearly 2 months since they announced we would soon get legacy packs in the shop, and still nowhere to be seen.

23 April 2018 - 04:32 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello Trainers,

I do not have a date that I can currently share regarding upcoming changes to the game. Any announcements regarding the legacy packs will be first made to the News & Announcements and/or Patch Notes & Known Issues subforums.

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

23 April 2018 - 10:36 PM

Sadra

Senior Trainer

• Sadra

I don't think they will be coming back anytime. This was a false promise they made and I think will never be implemented soon. They are intending to remove legacy elements for some reason, and this reason is obvious. 

Edited by Sadra, 23 April 2018 - 10:37 PM.

24 April 2018 - 12:48 PM

Eden2902

Senior Trainer

• Eden2902
I am thinking this too. The reason, that player have to wait up to 30 minutes can't be the truth because as long player play legacy, there is a player base which like it and WANT to wait that 30 min.

I think it's on the one hand that they can delete everything from legacy from their server (more free space for other purposes) and on the other hand it's less to do, because legacy makes work like all other modes and so they get rid of a part of work.

Not good for the players but good for the employees and for the most player, they don't miss anything

The cake is a lie!

24 April 2018 - 04:42 PM

Nickles12345678

Novice Trainer

• Nickles12345678
Ok when the **** are we getting the old decks/packs in shop?? Waiting for 50 days now -.-

05 May 2018 - 01:08 AM

Honaleon

Novice Trainer

• Honaleon

Everyone's experience varies, but personally, 30 minutes waiting in a tournament event queue seems less than fun to me.  Also, if you were playing outside of North American / Europe peak times, then Legacy queues might go considerably longer.

We'll continue to evaluate and adjust.

I honestly didn't mind this. I enjoyed the Legacy tournaments. There were certainly less than peak times, but I had no problem waiting to play them. I can't honestly see the upside of not having them at all. If they are there, they can be played; if they aren't, no one even has a choice...

05 May 2018 - 10:38 AM

Eden2902

Senior Trainer

• Eden2902

I honestly didn't mind this. I enjoyed the Legacy tournaments. There were certainly less than peak times, but I had no problem waiting to play them. I can't honestly see the upside of not having them at all. If they are there, they can be played; if they aren't, no one even has a choice...

So we can sum all posts to: well done devs, good job!

The cake is a lie!

23 May 2018 - 02:27 AM

Br14nlol

Rookie Trainer

• Br14nlol
Losing legacy is huge. I feel like legacy added new strategy to the game that the new Pokemon TCG is missing. It gives players a taste of what it was like to play during 2010-2013 area and it's horrible that it is gone. I've played Pokemon TCG and ptcgo for half my life and I feel like legacy is needed. The main problem with the format was card availability. If better legacy bundles were on the store or Staples were given as ladder rewards the format would have exploded. I had almost no cards for legacy and got into bc my bad Durant mill deck was able to win some tournements and it got me jump-started into, imo, the best format.

24 May 2018 - 06:29 AM

Mod_Gunning

Senior Trainer

• Mod_Gunning

Hi Br14nlol,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. It has already been passed to our development team for further consideration. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

25 May 2018 - 11:44 AM

Lordraz0r

Rookie Trainer

• Lordraz0r

I need to add my 2 cents here. There are other games for instance WoW that have insane queue times. The longest I have seen is 2 hours for a dungeon. Does that mean people don't play them? No it does not. If you give players the option to browse around and build decks while waiting (sorry if this option exist already) this issue will not exist.

25 May 2018 - 07:26 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

I need to add my 2 cents here. There are other games for instance WoW that have insane queue times. The longest I have seen is 2 hours for a dungeon. Does that mean people don't play them? No it does not. If you give players the option to browse around and build decks while waiting (sorry if this option exist already) this issue will not exist.

No, that means they need server space for each instance of each dungeon and it's too crowded. This game doesn't have you choosing who is going in with you, it takes the first 8 people to show up.

There typically isn't time to do much while waiting in this game, unless the Standard/Theme/Expanded events have all gotten much less popular.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

26 May 2018 - 02:20 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

No, that means they need server space for each instance of each dungeon and it's too crowded. This game doesn't have you choosing who is going in with you, it takes the first 8 people to show up.

There typically isn't time to do much while waiting in this game, unless the Standard/Theme/Expanded events have all gotten much less popular.

Alt+Tab to the rescue!

27 May 2018 - 11:08 PM

Moo0000000000

Rookie Trainer

• Moo0000000000

WHEN IS LEGACY COMING BACK!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously I haven't played this game pretty much at all since they dropped legacy. How about you do work to support a format to get people actually excited to play it versus dump it? Is a every weekend or every other weekend special legacy tournament to much to ask for? Like a 16 ticket or 24 ticket or whatever ticket with fun prizes? Don't you think that would generate some excitement to play the format?..... Some people really just want to play a non-rotating format for fun, keeping up with the latest EX GX Hey Haw X  isn't fun for people more interested in nostalgia and beating people up with a gold bordered Garchomp.

With that said I did try to play expanded/standard and greatly hate both formats. Pretty much every game ends up with a late guzma/lysandre play, skill game. Oh wait, right, positioning to the guzma/lysandre play is the skill game....fun. Versus Legacy people actually having to win a 50/50 coinflip to greatly change the board state. I'm sure people will disagree with my statements and that is fine. I'm just really frustrated and quite frankly beeps me off I've wasted money in buying code cards to build a legacy collection for nothing........ Maybe create a real "ranked" ladder like competitve games Hearthstone, Hex, XYZ and what will be MTG Arena. DO SOMETHING EXCITING FOR ONLINE PLAY NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO SIT IN A LOCAL CARD SHOP OR REGIONAL TOURNAMENT TO PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for reading. :blink:

**** FLIPS KEYBOARD AND THROWS THROUGH WALL****

Edited by Moo0000000000, 27 May 2018 - 11:12 PM.

02 June 2018 - 02:28 AM

Debby_Saurus

Rookie Trainer

• Debby_Saurus

I'm just curious when the older gen theme decks make a comeback to the store, I need to finish my collection with 14k coins saved up :|

I know they haven't had any official announcements with dates, but it's been several months since this change and still no news Q_Q

The oldest nostalgia decks are the best to play with in private matches, way more entertaining than the 1 hit KO GX meta decks these days I find.

05 June 2018 - 01:08 PM

melmarcant

Rookie Trainer

• melmarcant

Why did you revert the tournaments' rewards to random pack?

That's a shame that you only make bad move. I wish Samhayne never left...