• Please log in to reply

27 February 2018 - 07:33 PM

TPCi_Samhayne

TPCi Staff

• TPCi_Samhayne

Please use this thread to provide your constructive feedback about the announcement Making it Easier To Get the Cards You Want.

Alex Leary
Pokémon TCG Online
The Pokémon Company International

Need help from the support team? Visit the [url="http://www.pokemon.com/support"]support portal[/url] and submit a ticket!

27 February 2018 - 07:43 PM

peglegmcgee

Rookie Trainer

• peglegmcgee

Question is there an easier way to obtain tickets that is hardest part and i dont see an event to get tickets anymore.

27 February 2018 - 07:51 PM

JackRyan76

Novice Trainer

• JackRyan76

I'm very disappointed with losing the Legacy tournaments, they were the only ones I played.  I'd rather wait awhile to get into a tournament then lose them all together.

27 February 2018 - 07:54 PM

grand_master11

Novice Trainer

• grand_master11
What will happen to the bundles... Will they be removed forever... Or they will be all available at the same time?
Btw randomizing the prizes is a great change

Edited by grand_master11, 27 February 2018 - 07:58 PM.

27 February 2018 - 08:00 PM

peglegmcgee

Rookie Trainer

• peglegmcgee

I agree Legacy should be back on the board.  The community is growing.  They fired like once every 30 minutes and that isn't terrible.

27 February 2018 - 08:01 PM

turbogiraffe

Junior Trainer

• turbogiraffe

I have to say I am happy with many of the improvements. However it would be nice if we could create our own brackets in the game so that we could still have some Legacy events and rather than waiting for them to start parameters could be changed +/- to make them more appealing.

Another very nice thing for the users would be the ability to have some of the nicer deck boxes and sleeves without having to somehow come up with insane numbers like 2300 packs to trade. These things should be readily available for us so everyone can have a nice matching deck box and sleeves just like the older players.

Thank you for the improvements, looking forward to seeing the rest!!!

27 February 2018 - 08:28 PM

TPCi_Samhayne

TPCi Staff

• TPCi_Samhayne

I agree Legacy should be back on the board.  The community is growing.  They fired like once every 30 minutes and that isn't terrible.

Everyone's experience varies, but personally, 30 minutes waiting in a tournament event queue seems less than fun to me.  Also, if you were playing outside of North American / Europe peak times, then Legacy queues might go considerably longer.

We'll continue to evaluate and adjust.

Alex Leary
Pokémon TCG Online

Need help from the support team? Visit the [url="http://www.pokemon.com/support"]support portal[/url] and submit a ticket!

27 February 2018 - 08:30 PM

TPCi_Samhayne

TPCi Staff

• TPCi_Samhayne

What will happen to the bundles... Will they be removed forever... Or they will be all available at the same time?
Btw randomizing the prizes is a great change

The current bundles in the Shop will expire normally and will not be replaced, at least in the short term.  Once all of the Shop is filled out with all expansions, we will see how things are, and plan from there.

Alex Leary
Pokémon TCG Online

27 February 2018 - 08:36 PM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_
Live responses added in bold.

Hello Trainers!

We’re working to make it easier to get the cards you want […]

Great idea!

• Bring all Booster packs and Theme Decks from all expansions to the Shop.

• Streamlining Tournaments by removing the weekly rotation and improving rewards.

• Improve Versus Ladder Rewards with more Trainer Tokens, Tournament Tickets, and Booster Packs.

• Improve Daily Versus Rewards.

Looking really promising so far...

Log into the Pokémon TCG Online today and you can see the first changes to implement these improvements. Additional changes in our March and April updates will finish the rest.

For once I'm looking forward to log-in, great job guys.

The Shop:

Booster packs and Theme Decks from the XY series and Sun & Moon series are all in the Shop.

All Black & White series and HeartGold & SouldSilver series booster packs and Theme Decks will be coming to the Shop in future updates.

Well, I'd have loved if the HGSS era packs where already there (btw, any plans when the visual update for RF cards will hit this era ?), but either way those are great news.

With everything from all expansions planned to be included in the Shop, we are discontinuing the use of Weekly Shop Bundles.

Wait, due those only include the “get 3 packs and an appropriate card from said expansion” bundles, or does this also include special bundles for promo cards that you couldn't obtain online elsewhere ?

Tournaments:

Tournaments for Standard, Expanded and Theme are now always available.

Sounds good, though I'm curious how long queue times will be if you have 8 tournaments to choose from.

Tournament booster pack rewards are now always random, but include significant additional Trainer Token rewards. For example, first place rewards for the Standard 8 ticket tournament event now include:

1st Place Standard 8 Ticket Rewards:

· 6 random boosters from expansions in the Standard format

· 400 Trainer Tokens.

Hhm, while I appreciate the added Tokens, a great incentive to participate in tournaments was always the start of a new expansion. The chance to obtain dozens of hot new packs on the first day of release was always a guarantee for packed queues. Now, if everything is random, I could get XY-BKT packs for all that's worth.

Don't even get me started on Expanded and HGSS era formats.

Legacy format tournaments and tournaments for token entry have been discontinued due to current low participation.

Are you kidding me? Are. You. Kidding. Me ?!

Okay, let's start with the obvious one: Legacy. Yes, the format does have a lot of problems currently, but that was to be expected in a non rotating environment. Never the less, Legacy tournaments not only served as a great way to obtain valuable packs (HGSS Era, early BW era, etc.), but also as a nice alternative from the current Standard and Expanded meta game.

Yes, waiting in a queue isn't that great, but not being able to play a format at all is downright terrible.

Please consider what you want to do with the format in the future: Add more sets, re-introduce Unlimited with a ban list (it's a PTCGO exclusive format, you can do whatever you want with it anyway), etc. Those old cards needs some love as well.

Secondly, getting rid of coin tournaments has to be a step in the wrong direction. Not only do they serve as a great practise tool for new players, who might not be fast enough to play on a 12:30 minute timer comfortably, but also as a fun way to obtain tickets and play tournaments with decks that you'd likely wouldn't play in a serious event.

While I can see that too many available tournaments can lead to more queue time, just getting rid of them can't be a healthy solution either.

Daily Versus Rewards:

Trainer Token amounts in the Daily Versus Rewards have been increased.

With everything coming to the Shop, it will now be easier to turn Trainer Tokens into the booster packs that you want to expand your collection.

Yay, Tokens.

Note: Special Challenges

The use of Special, time limited Challenges are being re-evaluated. We do not have plans to run them in the near future. Daily challenges are not changing and you will see those continue.

Just be creative and tie the special challenges to tournaments / events with a certain rule set. No one is thrilled to **** amount of Pokemon with a certain type, or deal X amount of damage, just to get a themed set of sleeves and deckbox.

Note: Versus Ladder

Look for changes to the Versus Ladder Rewards in future ladders.

While I'd still be looking for a ELO type ladder, getting free stuff is never wrong.

TL;DR – Looks good, though the removal of Legacy tournaments hurts my soul.

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

27 February 2018 - 08:39 PM

Loof6

Senior Trainer

• Loof6

The current bundles in the Shop will expire normally and will not be replaced, at least in the short term.  Once all of the Shop is filled out with all expansions, we will see how things are, and plan from there.

Realy? You want to remove the promo card bundles? How do that make it easier to get them?

27 February 2018 - 08:52 PM

Jammer87

Senior Trainer

• Jammer87

Question is there an easier way to obtain tickets that is hardest part and i dont see an event to get tickets anymore.

VS. Ladder is your alternate way...

If you win enough on the ladder, you'll earn tickets... :)

http://support.pokemon.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=15227&redirect=true

^ Something I noticed after the latest patch install...

27 February 2018 - 09:07 PM

Thortox

Novice Trainer

• Thortox
Not sure if you get forwarded ideas that are posted but it would be amazing to add a renew option to active and expired trades. Re-posting expired trades is not fun. I would actually pay a premium to be able to renew my trades.

It would be equally amazing if we could just click renew on active trades and it would reset timer to 8 hours and deduct the 8 tokens.

Please add this.

27 February 2018 - 09:13 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Let's make this simple:

Whenever you ADD something, or INCREASE something, it's GOOD.  Sometimes very good.

Whenever you REMOVE something, or DECREASE it, it's very likely BAD.

Adding more booster packs, and theme decks? ...What's not to like?

Increasing the amount of Trainer Token rewards? ...Thank you.  Very much appreciated.

Removing Legacy Tournaments completely? ...Doesn't bother me personally, but there are many Community pillars who have specialized in this Format, and it makes little sense to eliminate it.

Removing Shop Bundles? ...This decision will be a nightmare for Collectors.  It's difficult already, but with no hope of certain Promos being available in the Shop, the price of Gem purchases will skyrocket.  Very bad.

Please, keep finding ways to improve or add to the game.

BUT, every time you've eliminated something -- whether it's chat, trophies, collection stats, or unlimited format -- and now legacy format and shop bundles -- it's been A THORN.

More roses.  Less thorns.  ;)

27 February 2018 - 09:29 PM

Cubchoo103

Senior Trainer

• Cubchoo103
1. How about fixing the terrible pull rates? 2 (bad) URs in 39 packs is no where even close to realistic

2. The tourney rewards seem like a nerf, 100% random packs? So basically I can win and get a bunch of terrible packs worth next to nothing?

3. No more legacy tournaments? Lol nice job.. love when games arbitrarily take features away, that's fun

4. Getting rid of promo bundles? Gee thanks again, really making those easier to get by inflating the prices of them on the trade market to the point they will cost you 1,000 packs

5. How about gameplay items in general? The same ones have been in the shop for like a year, is it really that much work to switch them out? Lol

27 February 2018 - 09:33 PM

peglegmcgee

Rookie Trainer

• peglegmcgee
Disappointed no more blisters there is cards only can come from blisters that won't be in shop. How can we get these cards

27 February 2018 - 09:49 PM

TPCi_Samhayne

TPCi Staff

• TPCi_Samhayne

Promo cards in Blisters have code cards that lead to tradeable versions in the game as of late 2016.  So, newer promos are coming into the game.

Older promo cards are still something we are looking at.  I know it is something that the Collector is keen to see more of, but we don't have short term plans on that front.

For many players, just growing their collection is the problem we're working to improve, while keeping balance.  I'm really looking forward to having everything in the Shop.

Alex Leary
Pokémon TCG Online

27 February 2018 - 09:56 PM

sterlingW

Expert Trainer

• sterlingW

I am looking at this as Reward Improvement Update, but later in development severe Rewards decrease update again...

Hopefully the rewards will constantly increase allow Losers to win better.

Pokemon Trading Card Online Early Closed Beta Tester

Pokemon Trading Card  Favorite Game Style : Unlimited Format

From Pokemon TCGO (Flash Player) Beta Test to Pokemon TCGO (Unity 3D) Beta Test

27 February 2018 - 09:59 PM

Pikalover5769

Trainer

• Pikalover5769

Please bring back legacy tournaments and also please make it so we can get non-tradelocked legacy boosters and cards as I am a collector and I really need that option. Also, please bring the gem system to America because then I can buy legacy packs using gems!

27 February 2018 - 11:31 PM

picsupes

Junior Trainer

• picsupes

The card I really want is Tropical Beach! :(

Edited by picsupes, 27 February 2018 - 11:31 PM.

27 February 2018 - 11:33 PM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

You killed Legacy format.

No tournaments = No legacy packs. No Legacy packs = no more people able to play Legacy anymore while rising cost of cards to the sky and higher.

Also random packs for tournaments? How does help for completing the last set? ULP It's needed (as last set) to be the packs given to players, to be able to complete new sets. Random packs won't increase value of previous ones, while will be harder to get the present ones.

I would be happier waiting 30 minutes to get some Plasma packs, than 3 minutes for whatever new. And now wont even be the last set. Regrettable.

Removing Bundles with Promos... again 60 packs (and more) promo-cards, distinguishing those who could get it through a IRL code or with gems. What about those not playing IRL cards? They don't deserve the opportunity to have those cards also?

Is it everything thought to get more money IRL making people having to buy the IRL bundles and other products?

If you want people playing more tournaments, hey, better rewards is good, but with some logic. And also we need to obtain more tickets. And have all the options. As player with a 2 years rest (for IRL issues) of this game and back recently, I'm still far away to get that Zoroark GXs and Leles GX and other cards to be able to even compete in Standard and Expanded. And nowfurther away than before to get the cards. At least ULP and GRi are considered 1 value. Now we will get a lot of Cri and S&M useless with nobody wanting'em. Hey but I still could play Legacy as didn't changed. And you kill the format.

And btw, including all XY decks, made jump over the next ones from B/W+Plasma series, that should have come this week and the next ones. Yes, coming soon, but were here and now will have to wait 1 month or 2. This is not the worst as will come either way. But annoys me.

Very disappointed all together. Better rewards and a bunch of (already owned) decks, doesn't worthwhile the extermination of a whole format.

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

My 1st pokémon VGame http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/59894-my-1st-pok%C3%A9mon-videogame-nds-diamond-story-and-help/

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista