[FEATURE DISCUSSION] Theoretical Solution to Excess Trade-Locked Cards

• Please log in to reply

27 February 2018 - 07:04 PM

seminc

Elite Trainer

• seminc
I know there have been plenty of threads revolving around this subject, but I’m creating this one for the purpose of fleshing out a possible solution for the frequently complained about issue of useless trade locked cards. Hopefully we can get this into the developers upcoming list (or the VLLOTTCAE, as TPCi_MT_Mike liked to call it) XD

Other ideas or modifications to my idea are welcome and appreciated, as long as they’re constructive. I want to find a solution that the community likes too

seminc’s Theoretical Solution to Excess Trade-Locked Cards

1. Impose a gate to convert trade locked cards to coins, to prevent exploitation by people who illegally use multiple accounts.

To prevent multiaccounters from using the trade lock conversion system to farm coins and use them for spam trades, or other dubious ends, a level gate should be implemented. This would ensure that the system could not be used without an investment of time into the game, but would not make it an unachievable goal for those wishing to use it for the right reasons. This level gate could be set at any player level from 5 to 30 (I personally believe that setting it at 10 or 15 could be healthy).

2. Set reasonable rates for both players, and the economy.

This system would have to be delicately balanced to ensure that the trade market would not suffer, as payouts set too high could discourage people from trading, since they could complete sets faster by selling their bulk back to the game. The system would also have to allow players to get a decent return on their investment.

Proposed rates are listed below.

(With this system in place, buying a booster pack for 200 tokens, and receiving the highest possible rarity of all available cards, would only result in a maximum 126 token refund. Realistically the refund would likely be less.)

> Common Cards (Reg+Foil): 1 Token

> Uncommon Cards (Reg+Foil): 2 Tokens

>Rare Cards (Rare+Foil): 5 Tokens

>Rare Holo Cards (Holo+Foil): 10 Tokens

>ACE SPEC Cards/Black Star Promos: 15 Tokens

>Primes/Pokémon-EX/Pokémon-GX: 20 Tokens

>Prism Star Cards: 30 Tokens

>Full Art Cards/Pokémon LEGEND: 40 Tokens

>Secret Rare Cards: 100 Tokens

All card rarities would be standardized, so for example Primarina-GX and Tapu Lele-GX would be worth the same amount in conversion credit. Cards would not increase or decrease in value with age, or if some were available more than others, such as cards available in theme decks.

3. Automation of the system

The card-to-token conversion system would be fully automated, and always active (unless it was unlocked at a certain player level, in which case it would initiate at that point and convert all stack overflows into tokens).

Conversion is involuntary, and only takes place once a card stack exceeds a player (4 copies for normal cards, 2 for LEGEND pieces, 1 for ACE SPECs, et cetera). For example, if you opened a pack and you already had full stacks of 2 of the uncommon cards and 1 of the common cards, said cards would automatically dissolve and you would immediately receive 5 coins (2+2+1). You would not be able to choose to sell certain cards for coins, and card stacks under the playset limit would not be affected.

4. Rallying Cry and other free unlimited codes

Cards from products like this would not be eligible for conversion into tokens. The cards would still be dissolved down to a playset, but no coins would be received.

Cards ineligible for this feature include:**

DEX 85 Chatot
PLB 71 Kangaskhan
NVI 22 Tympole
NVI 23 Palpitoad
NXD 80 Meowth
NXD 78 **********
*** 79 Wigglytuff
PLS 105 Whismur
PLS 106 Loudred
PLS 107 Exploud
NXD 89 Level Ball
BCR 135 Switch
PLB 80 Energy Retrieval
PLS 121 Ether
NXD 86 Cilan
DEX 91 Cheren
PLB 78 Caitlin
BCR 127 Aspertia City Gym
DRX 114 Giant Cape
NXD 92 Double Colorless Energy
Water Energy (Unnumbered RLC)

**Only standard non-Foil copies are ineligible for trade-in, reverse foil versions can be converted to tokens.

If I have omitted any free cards that should be included in this list, please let me know.

5. Gameplay items

It is possible that trade-locked gameplay items could also be included in this feature.

Possible rates:
>Coins: 25 Tokens
>Deck Boxes: 50 Tokens
>Sleeves: 100 Tokens

Any input on this idea is appreciated.

Edited by seminc, 27 February 2018 - 07:10 PM.

seminc

Da Señor Guru

63% Complete — 2 Sets Complete

27 February 2018 - 09:35 PM

Cubchoo103

Senior Trainer

• Cubchoo103
They're never going to give them to us.

It's a "freemium" game, you can technically play for free.. but if you don't spend money you get a hollow shell of the experience

27 February 2018 - 10:02 PM

Mod_GuruLot

• Mod_GuruLot

I know there have been plenty of threads revolving around this subject, but I’m creating this one for the purpose of fleshing out a possible solution for the frequently complained about issue of useless trade locked cards. Hopefully we can get this into the developers upcoming list (or the VLLOTTCAE, as TPCi_MT_Mike liked to call it) XD

Other ideas or modifications to my idea are welcome and appreciated, as long as they’re constructive. I want to find a solution that the community likes too

seminc’s Theoretical Solution to Excess Trade-Locked Cards

1. Impose a gate to convert trade locked cards to coins, to prevent exploitation by people who illegally use multiple accounts.

To prevent multiaccounters from using the trade lock conversion system to farm coins and use them for spam trades, or other dubious ends, a level gate should be implemented. This would ensure that the system could not be used without an investment of time into the game, but would not make it an unachievable goal for those wishing to use it for the right reasons. This level gate could be set at any player level from 5 to 30 (I personally believe that setting it at 10 or 15 could be healthy).

2. Set reasonable rates for both players, and the economy.

This system would have to be delicately balanced to ensure that the trade market would not suffer, as payouts set too high could discourage people from trading, since they could complete sets faster by selling their bulk back to the game. The system would also have to allow players to get a decent return on their investment.

Proposed rates are listed below.

(With this system in place, buying a booster pack for 200 tokens, and receiving the highest possible rarity of all available cards, would only result in a maximum 126 token refund. Realistically the refund would likely be less.)

> Common Cards (Reg+Foil): 1 Token

> Uncommon Cards (Reg+Foil): 2 Tokens

>Rare Cards (Rare+Foil): 5 Tokens

>Rare Holo Cards (Holo+Foil): 10 Tokens

>ACE SPEC Cards/Black Star Promos: 15 Tokens

>Primes/Pokémon-EX/Pokémon-GX: 20 Tokens

>Prism Star Cards: 30 Tokens

>Full Art Cards/Pokémon LEGEND: 40 Tokens

>Secret Rare Cards: 100 Tokens

All card rarities would be standardized, so for example Primarina-GX and Tapu Lele-GX would be worth the same amount in conversion credit. Cards would not increase or decrease in value with age, or if some were available more than others, such as cards available in theme decks.

3. Automation of the system

The card-to-token conversion system would be fully automated, and always active (unless it was unlocked at a certain player level, in which case it would initiate at that point and convert all stack overflows into tokens).

Conversion is involuntary, and only takes place once a card stack exceeds a player (4 copies for normal cards, 2 for LEGEND pieces, 1 for ACE SPECs, et cetera). For example, if you opened a pack and you already had full stacks of 2 of the uncommon cards and 1 of the common cards, said cards would automatically dissolve and you would immediately receive 5 coins (2+2+1). You would not be able to choose to sell certain cards for coins, and card stacks under the playset limit would not be affected.

4. Rallying Cry and other free unlimited codes

Cards from products like this would not be eligible for conversion into tokens. The cards would still be dissolved down to a playset, but no coins would be received.

Cards ineligible for this feature include:**

DEX 85 Chatot
PLB 71 Kangaskhan
NVI 22 Tympole
NVI 23 Palpitoad
NXD 80 Meowth
NXD 78 **********
*** 79 Wigglytuff
PLS 105 Whismur
PLS 106 Loudred
PLS 107 Exploud
NXD 89 Level Ball
BCR 135 Switch
PLB 80 Energy Retrieval
PLS 121 Ether
NXD 86 Cilan
DEX 91 Cheren
PLB 78 Caitlin
BCR 127 Aspertia City Gym
DRX 114 Giant Cape
NXD 92 Double Colorless Energy
Water Energy (Unnumbered RLC)

**Only standard non-Foil copies are ineligible for trade-in, reverse foil versions can be converted to tokens.

If I have omitted any free cards that should be included in this list, please let me know.

5. Gameplay items

It is possible that trade-locked gameplay items could also be included in this feature.

Possible rates:
>Coins: 25 Tokens
>Deck Boxes: 50 Tokens
>Sleeves: 100 Tokens

Any input on this idea is appreciated.

Hello there seminc, 

Thanks for your suggestion! I'll pass it along to the developers and who knows, maybe you'll see it in the game! 

Keep these awesome ideas up!!  :)

Best, 
Mod_Gurulot
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

For more help please visit our Help Center to submit a request.

Prior to posting in the forum, please check out the forum rules.

27 February 2018 - 10:41 PM

SYSTEMLORE

Novice Trainer

• SYSTEMLORE

another tgco game, duel links has this implentation already. you can decide to trade your cards for in-game currency. the tokens traded should reflect the rarity of the cards. regular cards common cards should be 1-5 coins, different holo cards should be more because of thier rarity, the rare cards should have a higher token to card exchange ratios, same goes for FA, and Rainbow holos,,,,etc. You really cant use token outside of trade locked packs anyways, no point in farming it, and you would have to acquire physical cards to trade with anyways. On the business side of things this might devalue some irl cards.

28 February 2018 - 02:43 AM

seminc

Elite Trainer

• seminc

Hello there seminc, 

Thanks for your suggestion! I'll pass it along to the developers and who knows, maybe you'll see it in the game! 

Keep these awesome ideas up!!  :)

Thank you for passing the idea along! :) :) :)

seminc

Da Señor Guru

28 February 2018 - 03:18 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Thank you for passing the idea along! :) :) :)

We've heard that a lot in the last few months.

Zero implementation.  Not a single idea.  Straight from the suggestion box, to the trash can.

"Have a great day!!"  :)

Edited by RobRatt, 28 February 2018 - 03:20 AM.

28 February 2018 - 03:26 AM

seminc

Elite Trainer

• seminc

We've heard that a lot in the last few months.

Zero implementation.  Not a single idea.  Straight from the suggestion box, to the trash can.

"Have a great day!!"  :)

Same old same old then. We can pray I guess XD

seminc

Da Señor Guru

28 February 2018 - 03:28 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Same old same old then. We can pray I guess XD

It's worse.  The Mods are on a mission, to answer every suggestion.  They'd be better off silent, IMHO.

EDIT:  Or actually show at least ONE result.  ;)

Edited by RobRatt, 28 February 2018 - 03:32 AM.

28 February 2018 - 03:35 AM

seminc

Elite Trainer

• seminc

It's worse.  The Mods are on a mission, to answer every suggestion.  They'd be better off silent, IMHO.

EDIT:  Or actually show at least ONE result.  ;)

I have noticed a lot more activity since I’ve been back, I was naive enough to think things had improved

seminc

Da Señor Guru

28 February 2018 - 04:04 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Gee, I'm sorry.  I got carried away with the day, and didn't even answer your original post.

It's a good idea, converting those extra trade-locked cards for Tokens.  It seems like it would be a win/win, and I really hope they take the time to tweak something like this.  It could really help new players build decks, even if they were trade-locked cards.

02 March 2018 - 01:07 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

'Choo sayin' boi? Ah kin't giyt un-limted ch-ching jes fer typin' "Flash-far" haf a miyun tams? Ridic-lus.

(I do not know what me does sometimes. :rolleyes:)

Edited by SuperStone, 02 March 2018 - 01:08 AM.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

02 March 2018 - 03:46 AM

RestlessThought

Novice Trainer

• RestlessThought

Pretty much the same suggestion everyone has. Turn trade locked to tokens.

Although I have to say that having it involuntary sounds horrible. Don't do that. Make it so people have to pick and choose. This way newbies opening packs aren't confused about what happened to their excess cards. Also, I can imagine some old accounts that log on one day and all their tradelocked cards are converted and oops they had so many tradelocked cards they reached the token limit and the excess tokens just vanished before they could even spend it. Boo.

Besides, if someone wants 300 tradelocked Pikachus on their account that's their business.

02 March 2018 - 10:57 AM

Mod_Rowan

• Mod_Rowan
Hello all,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this topic! We appreciate your support.

We can't guarantee implementations of your ideas, however, do review and discuss it on a regular basis. You are doing a great job by sharing your thoughts and ideas. Many thanks to you all!

Moderator Rowan
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!