Can we have a ranking system?

• Please log in to reply

23 February 2018 - 04:07 AM

TOONAAA

Trainer

• TOONAAA

We already have hidden ELOs. Can we tweak this a bit and introduce rankings? It gives us a bit more incentive to play beyond the monthly rewards.

There are various ways you can introduce this:

• Option to play ranked or unranked right from the get go
  • Option to play ranked once all monthly rewards have been met
  • Option to play ranked once you hit level 10, 20, or 30

Any thoughts?

Edited by TOONAAA, 23 February 2018 - 04:09 AM.

23 February 2018 - 06:34 AM

Justin11111

Novice Trainer

• Justin11111

Good Idea. I can see no harm to the players if this would come in to play, only positives like you said where it would make us want to play and get a higher ranking.

23 February 2018 - 07:58 AM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Thanks for posting your feedback. I will make sure to forward this thread to the development team. 

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

23 February 2018 - 01:52 PM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

This could be shown in the TCGO or maybe it's half of the work done.

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/play-online/leaderboards/

I don't know how it works for points though.

Edited by Chasista, 23 February 2018 - 01:53 PM.

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

My 1st pokémon VGame http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/59894-my-1st-pok%C3%A9mon-videogame-nds-diamond-story-and-help/

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista

23 February 2018 - 04:24 PM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_

Replacing the utterly useless leader boards with an actual ELO leader board

Getting rid of a reward ladder system that encourages fast concedes and donk decks

Creating more incentive for competitive oriented players to play the game

Matching beginners accordingly and don't lose your new player base due to iffy match-making

Create meaningful and rewarding gameplay that exceeds mere in-game items

Who would want that ? Pff.....

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

26 February 2018 - 12:53 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hi Trainers,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this!

Moderator Jynthu
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

27 February 2018 - 04:42 PM

Bluefgs85

Veteran Trainer

• Bluefgs85
What Felidae_ said! Hit the nail on the head. Perfect

27 February 2018 - 09:52 PM

Mod_GuruLot

• Mod_GuruLot

What Felidae_ said! Hit the nail on the head. Perfect

Hello Bluefgs85,

Please remember to be constructive. You are all perfectly welcome to express your thoughts, but please remember to do so in a civil and constructive way.

Thank you!  :)

Best, 
Mod_Gurulot

For more help please visit our Help Center to submit a request.

Prior to posting in the forum, please check out the forum rules.

06 March 2018 - 03:38 AM

Moo0000000000

Rookie Trainer

• Moo0000000000

I like this idea, will more appropriately match up the player population. Will also improve play experience as Felidae noted.

Edited by Moo0000000000, 06 March 2018 - 03:38 AM.

06 March 2018 - 12:54 PM

Frankie-Ashley

Trainer

• Frankie-Ashley
I think either keep the vs ladder reward system with a leaderboard/ranking for all to see or...
Scrap the vs ladder and have a leaderboard/ranking with a reward system based on improvement..or something along these lines.

06 March 2018 - 01:54 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

...Scrap the vs ladder and have a leaderboard/ranking with a reward system based on improvement..or something along these lines.

I'd rather not see that. That would mean you don't get things to help improve your deck unless you're already better than others around you, and as you settle into a position you stop getting prizes.

The prize ladder and ranking system should be separate.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

07 March 2018 - 02:18 PM

Mod_Gunning

Trainer

• Mod_Gunning

Thank you for your suggestions as regards to the leaderboard/ranking system. It is certain that our development team will find this very interesting!

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

09 March 2018 - 07:36 PM

Glucario111

Novice Trainer

• Glucario111

We already have hidden ELOs. Can we tweak this a bit and introduce rankings? It gives us a bit more incentive to play beyond the monthly rewards.

There are various ways you can introduce this:

• Option to play ranked or unranked right from the get go
  • Option to play ranked once all monthly rewards have been met
  • Option to play ranked once you hit level 10, 20, or 30

Any thoughts?

option 3 based on level is not a good idea, because i know a few players that are still level 1 because u would need to play a game with a water theme deck for the first challenge, those players are all players that play irl on a very competitive level so locking them from ranked is a bad idea, sure u could argue with they can instantly just play the challenge but its still a pain to do something that u dont really want.

But i totally agree on a good ranked cuz once u finished the ladder and u run out of tokens for tournament u can play games that dont count anymore which happens quite fast if u have 1 week vacation or something alike

10 March 2018 - 12:56 AM

Lisq

Rookie Trainer

• Lisq

Yes, please! And add divisions/leagues/etc. And PLEASE split pro players with hudnreds of expensive and pro cards from new players....

10 March 2018 - 06:23 PM

SingingFlyEx

Trainer

• SingingFlyEx

I wanted to share an idea about making attractive tournaments.

(1) Some people would play if it means they have a chance to climb some top player board

(2) Competitive players playtest on ptcgo a lot. They want to face very good players.

(3) On the other hand many people want the thrill of tournaments but don't want to face top players because it's disheartening.

So you could have three types of tournaments:

( a ) tournaments with low stakes (coins or 1 ticket) and low rewards attractive to kids and casual players but not to competitive players, e.g. the winner picks a card in a list. Perhaps theme-only.

( b ) 4-tickets tournaments. If the win rate is high enough we are eligible to enter the top level tournaments (I guess theme doesn't count).

( c ) top level tournaments. E.g. entry 8 tickets, win 1 match and get 4 back, 2 and get 8, win and get 16, on top of some packs. The point is that top players shouldn't lack tickets. Also there's a program that grants players with a good score at major play pokemon events a bunch of tickets to increase the odds of real life top players participating.

So top level is a kind of world-wide permanent tournament. It is reset whenever a new set is released. The top 100 is then frozen in a hall of fame, e.g. forbidden light hall of fame. I guess rewards should include tickets, packs/nice cards and cosmetic items (possibly untradable) for bragging rights.

One difficulty is the formula for assessing the respective ranks of players that may play in different time frames and never meet. Playing a lot shouldn't automatically increase the rank. This sounds like it's a well-known math problem, hopefully with a good solution. You could offer some players to play outside their usual time frame for increased rewards if this would help.

Disclaimers:

(1) I just want to convey a general idea, any details I give are just to make my idea concrete and are not meant to be taken literally

(2) This does NOT mean to adress the lacking tickets issue other users have mentioned. I don't know how this idea would impact that issue.

Edited by SingingFlyEx, 10 March 2018 - 06:27 PM.