[GENERAL] Other - Account Compromised

• Please log in to reply

21 February 2018 - 06:53 PM

doomtop

Novice Trainer

• doomtop

It appears my account was compromised and many high value cards and packs were all traded to another user.

I would like to contact support, but I literally cannot access the Ask a Question page no matter what I do or what browser I use.

All I can reach is an error page saying to contact "Parature Support" with this code: 81167890-8dc8-4dcb-bb96-8cfbfc5852b5

21 February 2018 - 07:49 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello doomtop,

Please send our support team an email at techhelp@pokemon.com. Please be sure to include your account username and send the email from the address registered with your account. 

I recommend also noting that you are unable to access the support portal - our support team should be able to check into that further. 

Please remember that we will never ask for your password, and you should never share that information with anyone. 

Thanks!

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

22 February 2018 - 02:34 AM

doomtop

Novice Trainer

• doomtop

Hi Jynthu,

As you suggested, I contacted that email address and explained what's happened. I believe the same has happened to numerous other accounts as there are a multitude of similar reports the past couple days. This is the response I received, which did not address any of my concerns:

A support agent has suggested a solution for your Pokémon support ticket.

Hello Trainer,

Thank you for contacting Pokémon Support!

If you have a Pokémon Trainer Club Account and received an alert that your email address or password were changed but you did not request a change, we strongly recommend that you reset your password immediately at the link below: https://club.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-trainer-club/forgot-password

*Note that when resetting your account password, you only have to enter your new password and username. Please leave the other fields for Player ID, Screen Name and Date of Birth blank.

Please do not give out your password or personal information on any game chat services, online forums, or message boards. Don’t let others test out your account by giving them your login information. Only log into Pokémon GO, The Pokémon Trading Card Game Online, or websites that are operated by The Pokémon Company International. Going to suspicious looking websites promising hacks or cheats for online games such as The Pokémon Trading Card Game Online or Pokémon GO is not supported and a violation of the game’s license agreement.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns!

Thank you,

The Pokémon Company International Support Team

The following Customer(s) have been CC'ed:

Question Information:

Question #: 15182-956347

Date Created: 2/21/2018 12:08 PM PST

Is this really what can be expected? Not even an acknowledgement of my concern?

22 February 2018 - 05:36 AM

XK920XK

Senior Trainer

• XK920XK

what did you write them

22 February 2018 - 06:44 AM

Mod_Gunning

Trainer

• Mod_Gunning

Hi doomtop,

If you feel that you need further assistance please reply back to our Support Team with all your concerns. We are always here to help and I hope your issue is resolved as fast as possible!

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

22 February 2018 - 08:17 AM

unscsnip3r

Junior Trainer

• unscsnip3r

Hi doomtop,

If you feel that you need further assistance please reply back to our Support Team with all your concerns. We are always here to help and I hope your issue is resolved as fast as possible!

Sorry to highjack this thread, when can we expect an official public response from the dev team in this, all signs point to a brute force attack

22 February 2018 - 02:10 PM

doomtop

Novice Trainer

• doomtop

what did you write them

I explained that my account was one of the many recently compromised in a coordinated attack and ask if anything can be done to recover my account.

22 February 2018 - 02:13 PM

doomtop

Novice Trainer

• doomtop

Hi doomtop,

Hi Gunning,

I have replied back, but no response as yet. Based on the initial response, and the history of "support" others have recounted, I am not feeling optimistic that my issue will be resolved at all.

22 February 2018 - 02:19 PM

doomtop

Novice Trainer

• doomtop

Sorry to highjack this thread, when can we expect an official public response from the dev team in this, all signs point to a brute force attack

More attention to this issue is warranted, but it might be more effective to create additional threads to bring further awareness.

23 February 2018 - 02:55 PM

Mod_Gunning

Trainer

• Mod_Gunning

Hi doomtop,

Please be a little more patient as it might take some time for your issue to be thoroughly looked at. We hope this is done soon enough. Let us know if we can further assist you.

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

24 February 2018 - 06:55 PM

doomtop

Novice Trainer

• doomtop

Hi Gunning,

I did receive a follow up:

Hello Trainer,
We understand you have a concern regarding your account.

In order to better serve you, we are forwarding this ticket the proper team for further investigation.

We appreciate your patience and the team will contact you as soon as updates are available.

Sincerely,
The Pokémon Company International