Sign in to follow this  
JamieAgathaRose

How are you supposed to get cards?

JamieAgathaRose

I don't understand how this functions at all.

Cards you get from coin purchased packs can't be traded.

Theme decks only give tickets which can only be used in tournaments.

Tickets are worthless because going into a regular tournament, I always run into people with decks which are way over what I can get. So I always lose first round.

All I get is uncommons from the "chests" which no one wants.

Why can I not just buy packs with cash?

What am I supposed to do when I have no way to improve my deck?

I would have assumed there would be someone asking these questions already, but I guess not.

So what am I supposed to do to get better cards when I can't earn them or trade for them?  :angry:

• Downvote 1

XK920XK

The events rotate once a week, this week its tickets and next week it will proably be packs, those packs are tradable.

So for now just collect tickets to use next week.

In certain country you can use irl money for online packs.

Pokemon doesnt advertise it but they are ok the trading of irl cards. There are big websites that sell the card codes for cheaper then packs and you can buy from them, keep in mind that you cant buy virtual cards or packs its against the TOS but you can buy/trade real cards with unused codes and load them in yourself.

Harion

if you want cards, you gonna have to buy physical cards to get the codes. or just buy the codes. me personally, i was able to upgrade my collection just by grinding. here's how i did it:

1. do the daily challenges.
2. win 12 versus matches every day (play theme format. it is easier)
3. when you have enough tokens, buy the latest theme decks (as of now, that's Mach Strike and Imperial Command) though i advise you buy Mach Strike and Clanging Thunder first as they are the strongest.
4. keep playing versus theme format until you earn enough tokens to buy all the theme decks. complete the trainer challenges for all those theme decks. each theme deck will give you one free pack.

in my statistics, i have total 10 days played and i have already collected 3K+ cards. i have about 180+ tickets. i've only entered 3 tournaments because i don't have the time for them but i've placed first in all 3. i've traded the packs i've earned from these tournaments for GX and EX cards.

Felidae_

3 Easy steps to get cards without spending money:

1 Try to get as much free stuff from the game as possible

Daily rewards, reward ladder, trainer challenge, etc. , the game provides you with ample opportunities to earn free stuff.

2 Use your tickets to play Theme Deck tournaments

They are much easier to win than regular tournaments, especially if you don't have a competitive viable deck yet and yield the same rewards every other week (you can use the coin tournaments to practice and then play the ticket tournaments the week after).

3 Never open any trade-able item

Doesn't matter if it's a pack, or a chest. Those items are the main in-game currency (i.e. a Chest is currently valued 0.5 packs at TC, which means that you could trade 24 of them for a Zoroark GX, just to give an example).

Once you acquired a bunch of cards and packs, it's a good idea to look for a budget deck, that can still compete in the format of your desire. That way the game doesn't get stale and you have something to improve upon.

If you are willing to spend money on the game, the best solution is to buy code cards from 3rd party websites.

Felidae_

The events rotate once a week, this week its tickets and next week it will proably be packs, those packs are tradable.

So for now just collect tickets to use next week.

In certain country you can use irl money for online packs.

Pokemon doesnt advertise it but they are ok the trading of irl cards. There are big websites that sell the card codes for cheaper then packs and you can buy from them, keep in mind that you cant buy virtual cards or packs its against the TOS but you can buy/trade real cards with unused codes and load them in yourself.

Just a quick note here: There is a huge difference between buying code cards online and buying a virtual card.

The first one doesn't break any terms or conditions of the game, as that's what code cards are intend for: providing boosters for the online game. Given that all of those cards originally come from opened (and thus sold) products, it would be rather counter intuitive for the company to stop sites like troll&toad.

The cheapest way to get code cards is usually to look for a decent offer on ****, though you obviously never know if those cards haven't already been redeemed.

Buying virtual cards for money breaks the terms and conditions and can get both accounts, buyer and seller, banned.

The_Real_Bug

All I get is uncommons from the "chests" which no one wants.

You have so much to learn still.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

sitrooper

How do I get my first card.

Edited by sitrooper

Chasista

How do I get my first card.

Hi, welcome to forums.

Did you notice the thread is one year old? How do you arrived there to decide your 1st message would be in this thread? Pokémon encourage you to open new threads if something went too much pages back.

Aside and about your question, could you be more specific? They give you a random EX/GX when you start the game together with a pool of hundreds of cards and 4 different decks to start with. So what you mean your 1st card?

Sign in to follow this