Mewtwo GX Secret Rare

• Please log in to reply

31 January 2018 - 07:51 AM

ImFushy

Rookie Trainer

• ImFushy

I'm new to this collecting of pokemon cards and I got this card "Mewtwo GX" and apparently its secret rare in the Shining Legends pack. I don't know how I should store it if its valuable or should I store it just in a card sleeve or those binder page protectors. 

Also while I'm here... I got the Pokemon Breeder 73/73 in the same set.... should I store that special too?

Edited by ImFushy, 31 January 2018 - 07:52 AM.

31 January 2018 - 08:02 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

If it's the Secret Rare, your Mewtwo GX is probably worth about $25+ retail USD.  The Pokémon Breeder is somewhere between $5-$8.  That's retail, so don't expect to sell it to a card shop for that.  Needless to say, those are both good pulls.  Congrats.

For the most part, you just want to make sure you don't scratch those cards.  Nothing much more.  Any decent sleeves will probably do the trick, with a little care and caution.  It's usually best to place them in a "game sleeve" since they're a little more durable.  Storing them (sleeved) in a binder is perfectly fine.  But, if you wanted to make sure they're undamaged, slide that sleeved card into what most people call a "hard card."  They're just slightly bigger and cost less than a quarter.

Edited by RobRatt, 31 January 2018 - 08:08 AM.