Ever read the Electric Tales of Pikachu manga?

• Please log in to reply

27 January 2018 - 06:03 PM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek
Hey, here is a question, but has anybody ever read the Pokémon manga, the Electric Tales of Pikachu? It's a four book series based on the anime, but a bit like the Origins mini-series, where they breeze through both the Indigo and Orange Leagues by changing a few parts, while adding one or two original parts, mainly gives the anime an overhaul. And to describe it a bit better, while it uses a few elements from the anime, mainly the characters, this manga, well, while the anime might be considered PG, I think, the manga be bordering between PG-13/R rating, because of the more mature, real world like approach, to Ash and Pikachu's adventures. Also, there are so many differences between it and the anime, it's like looking into two different worlds, this one, well, we get to see Ash travel solo more, with Misty and Brock dropping in every once in a while, Ash is also a bit more mature when compared to the anime Ash, while still going through a lot of character growth, while with Gary, it's like a frival, where they are friends, ********** afraid to push each other's buttons when it comes to competing. The rest, you would have to read for yourself.
As for me, I have the first three books, but I would have to do a lot of looking for the fourth one, due to life getting in the way. In some ways, every time I read it, I kind of wish the anime would take a few elements from it, especially give Ash some character growth, because for over 20 years, feels like he is stuck in a rut during each generation.

27 January 2018 - 11:30 PM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Interesting. I have never heard of it, but it sounds like something I would read. I hope you manage to find the 4th book. 

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

28 January 2018 - 01:21 AM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

Easier said then done, since the books came out from 1998-2000.

28 January 2018 - 02:57 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Easier said then done, since the books came out from 1998-2000.

That's no problem! Just buy them in 2000.

Wait.

Curseth thou, reality!!!

Edited by SuperStone, 28 January 2018 - 02:58 AM.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

28 January 2018 - 07:47 PM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

That's no problem! Just buy them in 2000.

Wait.

Curseth thou, reality!!!

I love the idea you would use time travel to buy manga. 

Moderator Alder

29 January 2018 - 05:36 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

I actually had the opportunity to read the first volume recently, which was my first experience with Pokémon manga. I haven't read the others yet, but I did really enjoy the story in volume one, maybe even more so than the anime. 

I will need to see if I can find the other three volumes!

Moderator Jynthu

30 January 2018 - 11:11 AM

Mod_Gunning

Junior Trainer

• Mod_Gunning

I would love to read the Electric tales of Pikachu. Actually with a little bit of research, maybe it is not so hard to find it!

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!