Defeat quests and quitter players (Very Angry)

• Please log in to reply

22 January 2018 - 09:23 PM

foxkbt

Rookie Trainer

• foxkbt
Most of the time that I play, when I start winning, my opponent gives up.
This is really annoying because it makes really dificult to do quests that ask for defeat pokemons.

I would like to know if you have any punishment for who gives up ...

if you have not, you should have.

because, in addition to making the quests difficult, it is a lack of respect for your opponent.

[Content removed by Mod_RedDragon]
>=(

ps: Very angry!!!!

22 January 2018 - 09:38 PM

The_Real_Bug

Expert Trainer

• The_Real_Bug

You can't forbid anyone from conceding during a losing game.

Don't follow the trends, follow my threads

22 January 2018 - 09:39 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

This is really annoying because it makes really dificult to do quests that ask for defeat pokemons.

because, in addition to making the quests difficult, it is a lack of respect for your opponent.

>=(

That person is also working on a challenge, and they don't have time to sit through your slow victory. They need to get to the next match, as they have only an hour to knock out 16 Pokemon. If they're not able to do that with your game, they need a different one.

Yes, there's a punishment. They lose their win streak, they lose points in their Elo ranking, and they lose the time they spent before surrendering to you.

Did they know you were working on a challenge? No. They thought you were just after those ladder prizes.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

22 January 2018 - 09:59 PM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

>=(

Trainer foxkbt,

Welcome to the forums! Be sure to take a moment to check out the forum rules here. When posting in the forums please make sure your posts are respectful. 

Moderator RedDragon
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

23 January 2018 - 01:30 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi
Also conceding is not a sign of lack of respect. Irl games concedes occur more often than you want to believe

23 January 2018 - 03:24 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Also conceding is not a sign of lack of respect. Irl games concedes occur more often than you want to believe

Of course, IRL tournament settings have best of three swiss, so it can be advantageous to save time for your next game.

Edited by SuperStone, 23 January 2018 - 03:24 AM.

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

04 February 2018 - 08:07 PM

Lalamon

Junior Trainer

• Lalamon

It's hard sometimes but no one like to be KOed turn after turn if no possibilities at all.

I try play to the end, sometimes I win because I get card I need but, most times doesn't worth to stay because it's boring to be KOed with nothing to do.

Also some people can win only attacking and put an energy, look for a card, switch active pokémon... c'mon, it's only an attack, do it and it's done. This is also lack of respect. Always try to think how is it for opponent

If nothing to do it's good to surrender and try a new game that you can win.

Just be patient with the challenges.

Everything for my kid  :wub:  So hard this is very competitive,

Sylveon the best https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokedex/sylveon

05 February 2018 - 04:39 AM

DrumminBeard

Novice Trainer

• DrumminBeard

Also some people can win only attacking and put an energy, look for a card, switch active pokémon... c'mon, it's only an attack, do it and it's done. This is also lack of respect. Always try to think how is it for opponent

I agree completely with this. I won't concede if I can see that only a few plays remain in the game; but if we both know you can just kill my last guy and be done with it, and still you insist on making every possible play on your turn beforehand, you deserve to be conceded on.

07 February 2018 - 05:12 PM

BScorpione

Rookie Trainer

• BScorpione

well-that's also the reason I'd love to have the unlimited chat back so I can request for them not to concede (censored, so I said quit instead) so I can finish my challenge on them & not spam 6 emoji & pre-defined comments if I knew they're gonna lose no matter how hard they tried on a different situation.

+1 but then again, think as if you were on the other side.... meh.

PROTIP for devs: put MORE filter on unlimited chat or add it alongside the preset comments / emojis (very ideal for kids' acc that the chat is limited)

+9999 to SuperStone's Sig.

Edited by BScorpione, 07 February 2018 - 05:13 PM.

07 February 2018 - 06:11 PM

Mod_GuruLot

• Mod_GuruLot
Hello there, 

Thanks for sharing your opinions!
Our developers appreciate ideas of the players because it helps to make the game better.
Although we can't guarantee implementations of your ideas but be sure they are reviewed and discussed on a regular basis.

Have everyone a successful day!  :)

Best, 
Mod_Gurulot

For more help please visit our Help Center to submit a request.

Prior to posting in the forum, please check out the forum rules.

18 February 2018 - 12:13 PM

KilerOrangeCat

Rookie Trainer

• KilerOrangeCat

Challenges wouldn't be challenges if everyone just made them easy.  When I began playing and made it a point that i wanted to complete the challenges, I've had several people concede before I had a chance to knock them out.  That is part of what makes it a challenge and not a cake walk.  I would have felt less of a sense of accomplishment if people just let me finish the challenges rather than work for them.

The only thing I don't really get are the times when someone is going to lose, so they have to take one turn and get one last hit on you and then concede.  That just seems childish and they still lose so I don't quite get it.

02 March 2018 - 08:13 AM

Harion

Senior Trainer

• Harion

The only thing I don't really get are the times when someone is going to lose, so they have to take one turn and get one last hit on you and then concede.  That just seems childish and they still lose so I don't quite get it.

They're doing the Do X damage challenge. Others are trying to do the evolve x number of pokemons challenge, so you will see them exhaust all their moves before conceding.

15 March 2018 - 01:01 AM

ddophied

Rookie Trainer

• ddophied

If I am losing I try to stick around but if the winning player is adding energy, cycling cards, powering up all their pokemon instead of knocking mine out i concede.

06 April 2018 - 10:24 PM

Frankie-Ashley

Trainer

• Frankie-Ashley

yeah me too, stay and lose but if they carry on bye bye lol

07 April 2018 - 04:10 AM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

yeah me too, stay and lose but if they carry on bye bye lolHey there!

Hey there!

This is a friendly reminder about posting in threads older than 14 days. To brush up on the forum rules check out this link here:cool:

Moderator RedDragon

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!