Past due . . . A Pokemon Documentary Movie

• Please log in to reply

12 January 2018 - 08:29 PM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

Hey folks, me again.  With the franchise approaching 22 this year, and with Pokémon having at least four brands that are now over the 20 year mark, and with the Detective Pikachu being made now, release announced for May, 2019, and the Switch game being kept under tight wraps, right now, one thing I find amazing is that there isn't a Pokémon documentary out now, like a movie for the theaters, or straight to video special.  Mainly, something different and out of the ordinary.  And to clarify, when I say documentary I mean 1 out of, or a mixture of, these 2 options, and both might be more wishful thinking:

1.  A behind-the-scenes look of what goes on at GameFreak/Pokémon Company, where we get to see everything gets made, from planning to developing, like how Pokémon are designed, both on paper and for the game.  How the designs on the cards are done, both creating the artwork and deciding what goes on there, like what attacks to place them, along with anything else, along with how the flash version of the cards are made.  Even a look at how the anime is drawn, and how they come up with the story ideas on what to put Ash and Pikachu through a single episode.  And, might be optional, but a look at how the manga gets drawn.

2.  This one,well, might be even more like wishful thinking, but this one, would be more like a focus on the fans.  Like say, not sure if it would be similar to the Trekkie movie, and not sure if there are seriously devoted Pokémon fans out there, but show what things are like from a few fans point of view, like showing what goes on during conventions, a look at one of the Pokémon Center stores, have folks tell their tale.  And for an interesting twist, show what goes on behind the World Tournaments, from how they get set up, both the video game and TCG, to an interview with some of the players, ask them questions from what they're doing, to how they feel.  Basically show a real side when it comes to Pokémon fans.  And for a nice bonus, watch both versions of the tournaments, from round 1 to the finals.

Anyway, this is what I would like to see.  While I could say, that if this was made and came out, and was successful enough, while Pokémon getting it's own channel on TV would be pushing it, but would still be interesting to see if it could push making it possible to watch the World Tournaments Live on TV, like you would, say the SuperBowl or World Series.  Well, this is where I stop, but if anybody feels the same way, or something in the negative, feel free to share, but keep it clean.

12 January 2018 - 09:02 PM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

Hey there GrewupGeek!

I would definitely love to see a sort of behind-the-scenes type of documentary. I think it would be really neat to see how some of these things are done, especially the designing of the cards. 

Also, I am totally ready for Detective Pikachu. I am so digging the amiibo!  :cool:

Moderator RedDragon
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

13 January 2018 - 12:48 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello GrewupGeek,

What an interesting idea! I never considered the idea of a Pokémon documentary. I love documentaries, so a behind-the-scenes thing would be fascinating for me. 

Moderator Jynthu
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

13 January 2018 - 11:34 PM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

I would love that documentary. 

Moderator Alder

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

16 January 2018 - 05:20 AM

Mod_Diamond

Novice Trainer

• Mod_Diamond

I would watch that in a heartbeat!  What a great idea

26 January 2018 - 02:03 PM

Mod_Gunning

Junior Trainer

• Mod_Gunning

I would love to see that documentary too! Great idea!

16 April 2018 - 12:34 PM

rilente

Rookie Trainer

• rilente

I would love to see what kind of discussions take place when deciding on Pokemon design, new moves, and what types each Pokemon should be and why. I think it would be a spectacularly popular film that would even see a possible theatrical release, honestly. Who doesn't want to see the inner workings of a game development studio, especially one like Game Freak? 

17 April 2018 - 10:09 AM

Mod_Gunning

Junior Trainer

• Mod_Gunning

Hi GrewupGeek,

A behind-the-scenes look at what goes on at GameFreak/Pokémon Company would really be amazing to a lot of people out there! Not sure if a Pokémon documentary could hit the theaters but I wish we can have something like that in the future!