Is anyone else sick of Guzzlord-GX yet?

• Please log in to reply

10 January 2018 - 11:41 PM

kevster888

Novice Trainer

• kevster888
Now, I just recently got back into the trading card game as well as the online game after many months of not touching it, and I've been having a good time with it. New cards and strategies galore, so many minutes have flown by looking at the myriad of cards and thinking up new strategies to try out. Once in awhile I'll get a great new idea for a deck, and be excited to try it out against other players and rejoice as it blows through the competition, and then matchmaking puts me against someone using the Guzzlord-GX deck that I've seen two hundred times, the exact same deck, copy-pasted, card for card.

Then I immediately concede because that person is not worth my time.

I mean, yeah, it's a neat strategy when you first see it, but after seeing it again and again and again and again and again and again and again... and again... and again...

I don't usually run into people with clever strategies that make me feel impressed in Versus, which is a little irritating when I spend 20+ minutes making a new deck that I feel accomplished for completing. But when I run into people who just mimic everything that successful players do like a Sudowoodo, it simply makes me want to write 15 paragraphs to them (after I add them to my friends list because I can't type freely otherwise, that's another complaint for another time) telling them off for being unoriginal to the point where it's insulting. I don't want to feel this way. It's just unhealthy to my sanity.

Guzzlord is known for being voracious. I agree completely. It devours fun like none other.
I have no idea what I'm doing

11 January 2018 - 01:05 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi
There's nothing wrong with copy-pasting decks. It's called meta-decking. There are like less than 100 good cards in standard. How many different decks do you expect to see?

And Guzzlord is pretty much only used in expanded anyway, and only as a tech in Turbo Dark.

Edited by BowserLuigi, 11 January 2018 - 01:06 AM.

11 January 2018 - 02:56 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

There's nothing wrong with copy-pasting decks. It's called meta-decking. There are like less than 100 good cards in standard. How many different decks do you expect to see?

And Guzzlord is pretty much only used in expanded anyway, and only as a tech in Turbo Dark.

See, I find that interesting.  I've only ran into the deck once myself.  I guess it must pretty much reach equilibrium at the mid-low ELO spectrum.  I can definitely see how facing it could be annoying- but once you've lived through hypnobank stall decks, Guzzlord seems subdued.

Edited by SuperStone, 11 January 2018 - 02:57 AM.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

11 January 2018 - 04:48 AM

grriffinn

Trainer

• grriffinn

If you're talking about those 4/56 Guzzlord decks (4 Guzzlord GX, 56 Dark Energy) or other variations of the same deck, they don't do that well and fall to more mainstream decks like Gardevoir GX.

11 January 2018 - 07:19 AM

XK920XK

Veteran Trainer

• XK920XK

ive only ran into it once ever, that was when it was first release during opening cri weekend. so not sure who is even playing it, now zoroark/varients & buzzwole is another story

11 January 2018 - 08:33 PM

kevster888

Novice Trainer

• kevster888
I'm gonna try to grab some Lycanroc GXs (Guardians Rising, 74/145) so I can make a deck that can OHKO a Guzzlord GX after two turns setup. But, if my streak of poor luck that I've been having lately continues, it's probably not gonna matter anyway, and there's also the chance that a Guzzlord GX deck user could have the foresight to include a few Weakness Policies and just so happen to draw one...

...oh wait, that's right. Field blower. Why do I keep forgetting this beast of an Item card?

11 January 2018 - 09:40 PM

kevster888

Novice Trainer

• kevster888
Well, nevermind!

Ancient Origins Lugia + Shining Legends Venusaur = REKT.

04 April 2018 - 04:35 PM

Jonnie

Rookie Trainer

• Jonnie
I am totally with you there. Cards like Guzzlord should never have been introduced. What does it take to just play one card and rip through everything with no thought?

05 April 2018 - 12:13 AM

Sadra

Senior Trainer

• Sadra

A deck that revolves around guzzlord-GX is nowhere near top tier or strong, which reflects the fact that your skills and decks are questionable. I am going to be quite straightforward with you here, the reason why people play top tier decks is that because they are strong and consistent whereas many fun decks are inconsistent and while you may win games against weaker decks or if you get lucky setting up, you will lose the majority of games. Of course, there are many fun decks that are quite competitive (e.g. heatmore/raichu, alolan dugtrio/starmie, rotoms) but I believe you are not using any of them. 

In addition, how is it insulting to play meta-decks? Are you implying that all of the top players in tournaments are no-brain idiots since they are playing basically the same decks over and over again and YOU are the smart player who comes up with these 'unique' deck ideas? I would also like to add that if you truly care about having fun, why are you so frustrated to match against these decks? 

Also would you mind to show one of your 'unique' decks to enlighten all of us here?

Edited by Sadra, 05 April 2018 - 12:15 AM.

05 April 2018 - 12:23 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

I am totally with you there. Cards like Guzzlord should never have been introduced. What does it take to just play one card and rip through everything with no thought?

Reminder that topics over 14 days old since its last post should not be replied to (hey I didn't make these rules)

Also as several players had pointed out quad Guzzlord decks fall easily to pretty much any meta deck unless RNG does unspeakable things. So if you're having trouble, it means that:

a. You had bad luck
b. Your deck is pretty bad

Back then we saw a similar deck: Swampert's Flood. 1-4 Swampert and 56-59 water energy. Needless to say it didn't do so well.

29 July 2018 - 07:25 AM

XxPokePoopsterx

Rookie Trainer

• XxPokePoopsterx
I’ve beaten these decks easily. I’m new to the ya,e but I found a random Palkia and Alolan ninetales gx deck which I’ve beaten many guzzlord decks. I put a few changed to the reddit deck but if you guys are sick and tired of these GXs just use an Alolan ninetales. The ability allows it to take zero dmg from GXs and Ex’s....plus megas

01 August 2018 - 12:57 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

I’ve beaten these decks easily. I’m new to the ya,e but I found a random Palkia and Alolan ninetales gx deck which I’ve beaten many guzzlord decks. I put a few changed to the reddit deck but if you guys are sick and tired of these GXs just use an Alolan ninetales. The ability allows it to take zero dmg from GXs and Ex’s....plus megas

Monsieur... This thread is dead.   If a topic sits for over two weeks, as BowserLuigi pointed out, we let it sit forever; unless for some reason it becomes relevant again.

Anyways, welcome to the Putsgof. :)

Edited by SuperStone, 01 August 2018 - 12:59 AM.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.