[GENERAL] Gameplay - Stars and victories

Trainer Challenge PC

• Please log in to reply

09 January 2018 - 12:18 AM

Damegerous

Rookie Trainer

• Damegerous

I have been working through the 4 levels of the trainer challenge mode in the City Championship Tier and it is hit or miss each time I win whether or not I will receive credit signified with a gold star. Right now I am trying to get a 3rd star from the final npc on this level and I am contemplating giving up the reward for completion because this glitch comes up so frequently that I have likely won enough trainer challenges to complete all 3 tiers of rewards at 4 stars. 

Edited by Damegerous, 09 January 2018 - 12:19 AM.

09 January 2018 - 03:25 AM

graywh

Elite Trainer

• graywh

To get 4 stars against a trainer, you will need to use 4 different decks.

Forums Rules
  • Stay on Topic
  • Search, then Post
  • Be Constructive
  • Play Nice
  • Be Honest
  • Keep Your Private Life Private
  • Keep Your Links Official
  • Discipline is Private
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

09 January 2018 - 09:18 AM

Mod_Vengr

• Mod_Vengr

To get 4 stars against a trainer, you will need to use 4 different decks.

Thank you graywh, that's correct.

The basic decks in the Trainer Challenge are three. So you will only get three stars for completing those.

However, if you redeem other decks in the game (which you can do at any point) you will be able to get additional stars for completing them. 

I also edited the title of this thread to make it more descriptive.

Moderator Vengr
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

"I see now that one's birth is irrelevant, it is what you do, that determines who you are" - Mewtwo

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

09 January 2018 - 06:41 PM

Damegerous

Rookie Trainer

• Damegerous

Thank you both, I would really like to know a way to keep track of which decks I have already used to beat each npc, because I purchased several decks and I don't remember which ones I have used on each individual npc so far. Looks like I still have to grind multiple victories in the future.

09 January 2018 - 08:25 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

Thank you both, I would really like to know a way to keep track of which decks I have already used to beat each npc, because I purchased several decks and I don't remember which ones I have used on each individual npc so far. Looks like I still have to grind multiple victories in the future.

When you have defeated one with a given deck, and have that deck selected, there will be a green check mark next to the NPC's picture on the selection screen.

There will be another green check mark next to the stars under the avatars when that NPC has been beaten with four decks.

When you click the trophy next to a selected deck, it shows your overall progress toward unlocking the bonus, and the progress in each of the three leagues with that deck.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

12 January 2018 - 06:59 AM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Thanks for the clarification Otter.

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Trainer Challenge, PC