Miss it when the anime came with more music?

• Please log in to reply

18 December 2017 - 09:00 PM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek
Hey, everyone, got a question for you, does anybody miss it when the anime came with more music, other then the theme song, which seems to be either reused during certain parts of the episode, or has a modern twist older themes, and background music? Or at least in the English adaptations, since I know they are still doing songs in the Japanese version.

Like, if anybody was able to watch the first threes seasons of Pokémon when they first came on TV, or watched them online, that at the end of the episodes, had a mini-music video at the end. With Season 1, the first part of the Indigo League saga, had the original Pokerap broken up into five parts, Season 2, part two of the Indigo League Saga, and the Orange Islands adventure, had Pikachu's Jukebox, and Season 3, Johto Journeys, had the Pokémon Karaokemon, where they had parts of songs, mainly songs you find on the soundtracks, along with some of the songs you can recognize from the soundtracks being played in the background.

Another question, does anybody miss it when the movies had nice music, not just it's own version of a season's theme song, but also, like say, either in the Pikachu shorts, or during the credits, they had a nice selection of songs being played in the first three movies?

Do you still listen to the songs? Even still have the CDs? And do you still listen to them to where, you're fighting the urge to sing the songs out loud, even at the risk of either weird looks from others, or unintentionally starting a flashmob?

As for me, I miss the music, and for some reason, ever since they brought back the 'Who's that Pokémon?' segment into the series, was kind of hoping they would start bringing back some new songs, since I was disappointed when Johto League Champions decided to start throwing in the end credits at the end of the episode, and drop music altogether, along with how the only new soundtracks you get are for the music used in the games. I do still have the first 5 CDs: 2BA Master, Totally Pokémon, and the other three from the first three movies, and considering how much I listen to them, it's amazing how I haven't started singing some of the songs out loud in public, like:

I want to be the very best

Like no one ever was

or

On the road, on the road

On the road to Viridian City

Even sing parts of the original Pokerap, especially at the risk of getting weird looks from say, people ********** fans of Pokémon, or some kids who know I'm singing about Pokémon, but have no idea what I'm singing.

Anyway, I'll stop here, and if anybody wants to share, please do, and keep it clean.

19 December 2017 - 03:45 PM

Mod_GuruLot

• Mod_GuruLot
Hello GrewupGeek,

That's an interesting point!  :)

Thank you for sharing your feedback! 

Best, 
Mod_Gurulot
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

For more help please visit our Help Center to submit a request.

Prior to posting in the forum, please check out the forum rules.

21 December 2017 - 08:52 AM

Mod_Vengr

• Mod_Vengr

Even sing parts of the original Pokerap, especially at the risk of getting weird looks from say, people ********** fans of Pokémon, or some kids who know I'm singing about Pokémon, but have no idea what I'm singing.

But when you get the looks from the people who do understand what you are singing, it's priceless ;)

I also liked better the earliest songs. But I'm an old school Pokémon fan, so perhaps this is mainly about nostalgia.

Moderator Vengr

"I see now that one's birth is irrelevant, it is what you do, that determines who you are" - Mewtwo

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

22 December 2017 - 06:28 AM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

I dont know how, but I feel like I find very valid moments in life to start singing the original pokemon theme song all the time. 

Moderator Alder

24 December 2017 - 02:57 AM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

I also find myself randomly sing-shouting the original theme. That could just be the fact that Pokémon is part of my everyday life though! 

Moderator Jynthu

24 December 2017 - 06:12 AM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

I also find myself randomly sing-shouting the original theme. That could just be the fact that Pokémon is part of my everyday life though! 

If you have the Totally Pokémon or Spell of the Unown soundtracks, you somewhat quoted the song, Biggest Part of My Life, which is sang by the same guy who did the opening theme for the Johto Journeys season.

24 December 2017 - 06:55 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Same. :P Though with me, it's usually "Unbeatable," from the eighth season.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

25 December 2017 - 02:59 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

If you have the Totally Pokémon or Spell of the Unown soundtracks, you somewhat quoted the song, Biggest Part of My Life, which is sang by the same guy who did the opening theme for the Johto Journeys season.

Oh that's wonderful! That takes me back, for sure.

I'm probably going to be spending the next few days listening to nothing but Pokémon soundtracks!

Moderator Jynthu

19 January 2018 - 10:20 AM

Mod_Diamond

Novice Trainer

• Mod_Diamond

I actually have a whole playlist of Pokemon songs I listen to all the time.  I had one time where I was with some friends where i started humming some of the music and actually had a random person nearby start singing along, it was awesome.