Between the extremely improbable streaks of bad coin flips and turn 1 Raichu's with full Benches...I could really use some help.
I have the starting theme decks...the first few games were okay though the RNG was heavily skewed in my favor so I didn't feel like I actually won from strategy or deck design.
Now I have a few of the trainers defeated so I have about 3-4 cards replaced. And now, when I sort of feel strategy may start to matter...the RNG is going the other way.
The theme decks so far as I have found have little mitigation or elimination...not so for the AI trainers. Their decks have many cards that are specifically geared vs. your theme decks.
Just looking for some tips here.
Some tips on a deck building:
- Check out some of the most popular decklists and trade for the cards you need. If you have all the Staples, you probably have most of the cards you need.
- You likely only need the “core Pokemon” for your deck.
- Theme Decks usually have 30 or so Pokemon, 10 or so Trainers, and 20 or so energy cards. That balance can be tricky to get a consistent deck.
- As for energy cards, 20 energy is way too much. Most decks run 6-12 energies.
- Unlike Theme Decks were you’ll often rely on top-decking an energy card each turn, competitive decks can move through their cards to find and recycle energy as needed.
- Check out some of the popular decklists and trade for the cards you need.
Hope it helps!
Have fun building your competitive deck!
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
For more help from the Support Team visit the support portal and submit your ticket!
Prior to posting in the forum, please check out the forum rules here.