9,904 Different Cards to Own

• Please log in to reply

06 July 2018 - 07:44 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

A new promo box set was added to the game today (Forces of Nature GX).  It introduces two new promos, a Thundurus GX (SM133) and a Tornadus GX (SM134), along with a Light Gold Landorus Coin.  It should be in stores and card shops today.

Here's the link to the promotional page:

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/product-gallery/forces-of-nature-gx-premium-collection/

Post #1 is updated, and current.

9,414 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including 12 that are unobtainable).

Edited by RobRatt, 06 July 2018 - 08:00 PM.

31 July 2018 - 07:24 PM

Jigglypuffan

Expert Trainer

• Jigglypuffan

do you keep this updated?

31 July 2018 - 07:26 PM

LordKieta

Elite Trainer

• LordKieta

do you keep this updated?

It seems to be updated as of the last update (the one before todays). I'm sure he'll keep it updated when new cards are released with Celestial Storm. 

I do NOT check my messages in-game. If you need to talk to me, message me on the forums. 

Visit Violet City Trading Company, Located in In-Game Item Exchange!!! Trade your packs in for our cards! 

31 July 2018 - 07:54 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Yes, I double-check frequently.  Celestial Storm won't show in the game for a couple days, but I'll add them when available.

@Jiggly, there's one thing to keep in mind, that I've mentioned a couple times, but want to make sure you and others understand.  Your statistic of Different Cards Owned will count all cards previously owned, so may not be entirely accurate.  If you've had a card, and traded it away, the DCO stat doesn't subtract it.

Example:

Different Cards Owned = 9000

Trade away 6 promo Champions Festivals (only copy of them)

Next time you log in, DCO will still show 9000

To be sure of your completion percentage, you'll need to replace any missing cards that you've traded away.  You can usually look at "Show Not Owned" to jog your memory.

05 August 2018 - 04:35 AM

LordKieta

Elite Trainer

• LordKieta

Following when you update this for Celestial Storm, there are also 3 new cards that I didn't see during my first archive update. 

There is a Galaxy Foil Regirock, Registeel, and Regice, from Crimson Invasion (Set, but not Source). 

Beyond that, there is 

Manectric PreRelease Promo
Kyogre PreRelease Promo
Celesteela PreRelease Promo
Delcatty PreRelease Promo

Tapu Bulu Promo
Tapu Fini Promo
Shiny Tapu Koko Alternate Art

I didn't bother going through Celestial Storm for extras. That's not something I do for my personal archive, and I'm sure you'll be doing it soon anyway. Just wanted to give you the heads up on these other new cards not in the set. 

I do NOT check my messages in-game. If you need to talk to me, message me on the forums. 

Visit Violet City Trading Company, Located in In-Game Item Exchange!!! Trade your packs in for our cards! 

05 August 2018 - 05:09 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Thanks for the info Kieta.  I'll be updating this thread in the next couple hours.  I can let you know, there were 335 total cards added this past Friday.

Edited by RobRatt, 05 August 2018 - 05:10 AM.

05 August 2018 - 08:23 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Before I add the cards from Celestial Storm, we should note for the record that some (unexplained) changes were made during the version 2.54 update, on Tuesday, 7/31/2018.

A foil Promo Pikachu (BW54) was added.  I haven't been able to find anyone who owns this card, and the source of this promo is yet unknown.  There has been a non-foil version of this card in the game for a long time.

Two cards were oddly deteted from the Different Cards Owned database.

1.  One of the cards deleted was Promo Mew (BW98).  This was a Gem Promo.

2.  The other is non-foil Meloetta (BCR 77) from the Ho-Oh Legendary Battle Deck.

Perhaps these changes were made in error.  Until this is resolved, the overall count of Different Cards Owned will need to be amended.  We'll readjust the count later, if necessary.

9,413 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including 12 that are unobtainable).

EDIT:  Meloetta (BCR 77) was identified as the other missing card.

Edited by RobRatt, 23 August 2018 - 09:20 PM.

05 August 2018 - 09:36 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

With the release of Celestial Storm, and new promos, 335 cards were added to the game this weekend, which brings the new total to 9,748.

This latest set, Celestial Storm, brought 324 new cards, including the regular release, reverse foils, end-of-set (SR/RR), and theme deck exclusive.  Of these, 252 are Pokémon, 69 Trainers, and 3 Energy.

Of the 324 cards in Celestial Storm, three are Theme Deck exclusive (a foil Sceptile, a foil Swampert, and a non-foil Delcatty).  Also in Celestial Storm, there is an alternate non-foil Metagross that is a Prerelease exclusive version (in those PR boxes).

Outside of the regular Celestial Storm set, 11 other cards were added...

There are 4 Prerelease Promos (SM Black Star) for Celestial Storm:

Celesteela (SM131)

Delcatty (SM132)

Kyogre (SM129)

Manectric (SM130)

Three other SM-era Promos were added to the game as well:

Tapu Bulu (SM161) ...available in a single-pack blister

Tapu Fini (SM92) ...available in a single-pack blister

Tapu Koko (SM30a) ...alternate art, available in a 3-pack blister

Note:  Although it's been in the game for a long time (marked unplayable), the Tapu Lele promo (SM45) is now available in a 3-pack blister.

Also, 3 cards from Crimson Invasion (Regice, Regirock, and Registeel) have been released as "Galaxy Foil" alternates.  All 3 cards are in a 2-pack blister that retails for about $10 USD.  I'm not certain if these will be available in stores, or whether they are Pokémon Center exclusives.  They are currently in stock at Pokémon Center.

Lastly, this update added a new Celesteela League Promo (CES 100), which probably won't start showing up in Public Offers for a couple weeks.

9,748 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including 12 that are unobtainable).

Edited by RobRatt, 05 August 2018 - 09:42 AM.

23 August 2018 - 09:06 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

The glitches that appeared during the version 2.54 update were fixed today (post #67 above).

The foil Promo Pikachu (BW54) -- which would have been unobtainable -- has been removed.  Note, the non-foil version is still in the game (rare, but rightly so).

The 2 missing cards have been restored, and appear in our collections again...

1.  Promo Mew (BW98) ...a gem promo
2.  Non-foil Meloetta (BCR 77) from the Ho-Oh Legendary Battle Deck

9,749 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including 12 that are unobtainable).

Edited by RobRatt, 23 August 2018 - 09:18 PM.

24 August 2018 - 07:54 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

The 2018 World Championships gameplay set was added today, from Nashville, Tennessee.

In addition to the sleeves, deck box, and coin, there are 6 Champions Festival Stadiums in this set (in 6 various languages, just like the previous four years, 2014-17).

9,755 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including 12 that are unobtainable).

Edited by RobRatt, 24 August 2018 - 07:58 PM.

06 September 2018 - 03:59 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Today's version 2.55 update (on 9/5/2018) added a League Promo Metagross (CES 95).  This probably hasn't been widely distributed yet, and won't start showing up in Public Offers for at least a week or more.

9,756 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including 12 that are unobtainable).

Edited by RobRatt, 08 September 2018 - 01:00 AM.

08 September 2018 - 01:16 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

This problem has been corrected.  But to keep the chronology accurate, the following changes were made recently.

Briefly, as best as I can figure, here's what has happened in the last couple weeks...

1.  Sometime after August 23rd or 24th, they deleted 10 cards from the database.  Since it was an even digit, and my math skills are a little rusty, I didn't catch it immediately.  Sorry.

2.  September 5th, during the version 2.55 update, they added two of them back to Different Cards Owned.

3.  Today, September 7th, after a Support Ticket, they added the remaining 8 cards back.

9,756 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including 12 that are unobtainable).

08 September 2018 - 01:24 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Added to the game on September 6th, and released for general distribution on September 7th, the new subset Dragon Majesty brings 134 more cards.

Of those 134 cards, 116 are Pokémon, and 18 are Trainers.

9,890 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including 12 that are unobtainable).

Edited by RobRatt, 08 September 2018 - 02:40 AM.

08 September 2018 - 01:34 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Today, 14 cards, a mixture of promos and alternate versions, were added to the game.

The first two of the Dragon Majesty promos were added.  These were released today for general circulation, and should be available at local stores and card shops.  They come packaged in a "Pin Collection" which includes 3 DRM booster packs.

Latias, Promo SM135

Latios, Promo SM136

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/product-gallery/dragon-majesty-pin-collections-latias-and-latios/

Right now, they are exclusive to the Pokémon Center, but on September 21st, we'll be seeing a couple new Battle Arena Decks in stores.  These decks include the following Alternate cards, which were added to the game:

Blastoise-EX, XY 29

Charizard-EX, FLF 12

Emboar, LTR 27

Empoleon, BKT 38

Manaphy, PRC 56

Mega Blastoise-EX, XY 30

Mega Charizard-EX, FLF 69

Virizion, LTR 15

Delinquent, alternate foil, BKP 98a

Delinquent, alternate non-foil, BKP 98a

Professors Letter, alternate foil, BKT 146a

Professors Letter, alternate non-foil, BKT 146a

https://www.pokemoncenter.com/trading-card-game/tcg-cards/pok%C3%A9mon-tcg%3A-battle-arena-deck-mega-blastoise-699-16905

https://www.pokemoncenter.com/trading-card-game/tcg-cards/pok%C3%A9mon-tcg%3A-battle-arena-deck-mega-charizard-x-699-16904

9,904 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including 12 that are unobtainable).

Edited by RobRatt, 08 September 2018 - 02:56 AM.