9,414 Different Cards to Own

• Please log in to reply

14 January 2018 - 12:16 AM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Wow, 8,808 is a huge number of cards!

RobRatt, it looks like you have been keeping this up to date. Do you intend to update the count with every new release?

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

18 January 2018 - 10:46 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Wow, 8,808 is a huge number of cards!

RobRatt, it looks like you have been keeping this up to date. Do you intend to update the count with every new release?

Yes, I had planned to.  Of course, there'll be a lag time of a week or two, in order to fill the next set after it's released.

I'm holding out hope that the game client will do this simple math one of these days. :cool:

18 January 2018 - 10:49 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

The Registeel League Promo that I mentioned in post #10 (CIN 68) is released, and finally hitting Public Offers.  This League box also includes those Crimson Invasion Card Sleeves.

18 January 2018 - 11:09 PM

Loof6

Senior Trainer

• Loof6

Thanks, You are great.

19 January 2018 - 10:36 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

A new Marshadow Promo (SM93) was added to the game.  It comes from a Shining Legends Pin Collection Box, which includes 3 SLG packs, the Promo card, and a Marshadow Pin.  I'm not 100% sure about general release date, but I think it is today.  It's already available at Pokémon Center.

https://www.pokemoncenter.com/trading-card-game/tcg-cards/pok%C3%A9mon-tcg%3A-shining-legends-pin-collection-marshadow-290-80366

8,809 Different Cards Owned  (the top possible, including those no longer obtainable)

Edited by RobRatt, 20 January 2018 - 07:54 AM.

20 January 2018 - 12:54 AM

abinhathbour456

Elite Trainer

• abinhathbour456

are you really sure that this is all you can get ?

Member Of Top Cut And Director Of Trades.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/25163-the-top-cut-trading-inc-2-ultra-prism-added/

owner of guru cave trading co. come check it out

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/45628-the-guru-cave-trading-co-gctc-back-in-business/page-1

20 January 2018 - 01:56 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

are you really sure that this is all you can get ?

Pretty sure, using the Stats available in the game.  If there's any ideas you have, I would love to know more myself.  Could you look at my answer to @tarif15 (post #15 in this thread), and tell me if this makes sense to you too?

I'm relying on two things... (1) what the game shows as Different Cards Owned, in Collection Stats, and (2) manually counting how many cards we're missing (checking the Show Not Owned box).  We've come up with the same number in both accounts.

I don't know any other way to do it.

Edited by RobRatt, 20 January 2018 - 02:18 AM.

20 January 2018 - 02:15 AM

abinhathbour456

Elite Trainer

• abinhathbour456

Pretty sure, using the Stats available in the game.  If there's any ideas you have, I would love to know more myself.  Could you look at my answer to @tarif15 (post #15 in this thread), and tell me if this makes sense to you too?

I'm relying on two things... (1) what the game shows as Different Cards Owned, in Collection Stats, and (2) manually counting how many cards we're missing (checking the Show Not Owned box).  We've come up with the same number in both accounts.

I don't know any other way to do it.

i will add you and we will talk 

Member Of Top Cut And Director Of Trades.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/25163-the-top-cut-trading-inc-2-ultra-prism-added/

owner of guru cave trading co. come check it out

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/45628-the-guru-cave-trading-co-gctc-back-in-business/page-1

27 January 2018 - 09:21 PM

Loof6

Senior Trainer

• Loof6

I count 8811 different cards in the game. I have 8553 and I dont have 258 cards. That`s a total number of 8811 different cards. But i dont know which or how much are unobtainable.

I think the following 12 Promos are unobtainable at this time.

Vaporeon BW89

Jolteon BW91

Flareon BW88

Leafeon BW87

Glaceon BW90

Keldeo BW60

Meowth BW35

Espeon BW92

Jigglypuff BW65

Elgyem BW55

Lillipup BW52

Scraggy BW25

The Gem Fossil Set (Amaura, Aurorus, Tyrunt, Tyrantrum and Fossil Researcher) are the most valueable cards, I think, and hard to get but obtainable.

28 January 2018 - 08:55 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

I count 8811 different cards in the game. I have 8553 and I dont have 258 cards. That`s a total number of 8811 different cards. But i dont know which or how much are unobtainable.

I think the following 12 Promos are unobtainable at this time.

Vaporeon BW89

Jolteon BW91

Flareon BW88

Leafeon BW87

Glaceon BW90

Keldeo BW60

Meowth BW35

Espeon BW92

Jigglypuff BW65

Elgyem BW55

Lillipup BW52

Scraggy BW25

After checking with friends who have near-complete sets, those are the same 12 "unobtainables" that I've found (all of them B&W Promos).  Your list matches mine, and @magicalkobra's in post #2 also.  It must be right.

I've seen all the rest of my missing cards in other people's collections, so they are, or maybe were, possible to own, even if they're darn near impossible to find.

I'll have to get back to you on the overall count of Different Cards Owned though.  Mine, my son's, and another friend who have almost complete collections show 8,809 after counting our missing cards.  But I found someone else with a monster collection who has a different count (overall total).

I'm confused at this point, and not sure why it might add up differently for some people.  I know it's a pain, but if you have time in the next few days (before Ultra Prism comes out), could you double-check your count of missing cards?

Edited by RobRatt, 28 January 2018 - 09:07 AM.

28 January 2018 - 03:43 PM

Loof6

Senior Trainer

• Loof6

Yes, I just counted again just with the same result. 8811 different cards.

Have not recently added 2 new promo cards?

04 February 2018 - 02:01 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Yes, I just counted again just with the same result. 8811 different cards.

Have not recently added 2 new promo cards?

I've counted and recounted a couple different collections.  And I'm certain of the Stats the game is providing.  But there's still a glitch or problem somewhere, right?

You've obviously got 2 cards that we don't own.  Yet they're not listed as "missing" when I check the "Show Not Owned" box.  I also got a different count from Abinhathbour.

This week, with the v2.50 update, when they added those 7 Theme Deck exclusive cards from Call of Legends, it got me thinking there might be other problem areas.  After all, those cards were previously unavailable to us (i.e. they didn't show as Missing), from a set released in February 2011.  Yet, anyone who already owned those Theme Decks would surely have them count toward Different Cards Owned.  At least we would hope so.

EDIT:  I manually checked the BW-series Theme Decks (real-world) against PTCGO, and it looks like all of those alternates are available and accounted for.

In the meantime, I'm going to stick with the numbers the Game is providing for our sets.

It's a bit frustrating.  But I'll keep digging.

Edited by RobRatt, 03 March 2018 - 10:58 AM.

04 February 2018 - 02:09 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

In total, there were 312 cards added to the game this weekend.

The new set, Ultra Prism, brought 303 new cards, including the regular release, reverse foils, end-of-set (SR/RR), and theme deck exclusive.  Of these, 248 are Pokemon, 48 Trainers, and 7 Energy.

It should be noted -- in the Ultra Prism set -- there are 2 non-foil cards (Heatran & Magnezone) that are Prerelease exclusive versions.

There are also 4 Prerelease Promos (SM Black Star) for the Ultra Prism set (Gumshoos, Heatran, Lucario, and Wash Rotom).

There are 5 new Promos added to the game as well:

Alolan Sandshrew (Alt A, GRI 19a)
Alolan Vulpix (Alt A, GRI 21a)
Kirlia (Alt, BUS 92a)
Porygon-Z (Alt, BUS 105a)
Tortera (League Promo, UPR 9)

9,128 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including those no longer obtainable).

Edited by RobRatt, 14 February 2018 - 01:31 AM.

14 February 2018 - 01:29 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

There's a glitch in the Server, which is keeping track of previously owned cards.

The statistic Different Cards Owned "remembers" which cards you owned.  If you trade away your last copy of a card, the next time you log in, the Server keeps track as if you still own it.

I realized this by accident, when I loaned a friend my playset of Glaceon GX.  When I logged in the next time, the Different Cards Owned statistic was the same as before.  And we tested (trading several cards back and forth) for another hour to replicate the problem.  It was consistent.

If you add your Different Cards Owned to those Missing (show not owned), and come up with a different Total than 9,128, you've likely traded away the last copy of those "previously owned" cards (it doesn't subtract them).  You'll need to replace those cards to get an accurate count (it won't count them a second time).

9,128 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including those no longer obtainable).

P.S.  Reported in the Game Bug section of the forum.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55834-game-statistic-different-cards-owned/

Edited by RobRatt, 06 May 2018 - 06:34 AM.

14 February 2018 - 02:47 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Quite by chance, a friend and I discovered the BUG.

There's a bug in the Server, which is keeping track of previously owned cards.

The statistic Different Cards Owned "remembers" which cards you owned.  If you trade away your last copy of a card, the next time you log in, the Server keeps track as if you still own it.

Probably the same glitch that keeps those cards in your trading binder.  This has existed for...  Well, as long as I've been here, probably longer.  And I'm pretty sure the Devs are aware.  But hey, it doesn't hurt to bring it up again.  ;) 

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

23 February 2018 - 09:45 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

A promo Darkrai-GX (Atlernate A Promo, BUS 88a) was added to the game today.  It's from a Shining Legends box scheduled for release March 9th.

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/product-gallery/shining-legends-figure-collection-shiny-darkrai-gx/

Surprisingly, they didn't add the promo from the Lucario-GX Box, which has the same release date.

9,129 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including those no longer obtainable).

23 February 2018 - 09:50 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

The original post (#1) has been updated with all of the pertinent information from this thread, including the edits.

I'll do my best to keep this first post updated.

23 February 2018 - 10:02 PM

seminc

Elite Trainer

• seminc
Thanks for taking the time to make this resource, it confused me when I came back and the stat wasn't there XD.

seminc

Da Señor Guru

63% Complete — 2 Sets Complete

24 February 2018 - 01:38 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Thanks for taking the time to make this resource, it confused me when I came back and the stat wasn't there XD.

Yeah, I figure it's the least I can do, with all the help and knowledge that I've gotten from so many.

It's good to see you back again.  You, and people like you, are the best part of the game, I think.

24 February 2018 - 12:11 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello Trainers,

As many users are finding this thread very helpful, and because it is being updated regularly, I have pinned this topic.

Thanks!

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!