10,340 Different Cards to Own

• Please log in to reply

25 February 2018 - 07:09 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Congrats on the sticky, RobRatt.  :lol: 

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

26 February 2018 - 12:33 AM

pokemonbrandon

Senior Trainer

• pokemonbrandon

Hello friends,

The thing to know, is that the number continues to change!

The game currently doesn't do a great job of presenting the number of cards in the game.  We know that customers would like to have more statistics for collection.  Improving this aspect of the game is not currently a big priority for the team.  We do have it on the list, but no guarantees as to when, or if, improvements on this front would be made. 

With the continuous nature of cards going into the system, the total number is constantly moving and not something we currently maintain on a rigorous, public ready way.  All that is to say, I don't have solid numbers for you, or to verify what you have worked out.   

I hope that helps!

-Alex

Or even better simply take them out of the game for now, I know that is not hard as I recall you guys removing the retort lucario that leaked a couple years ago without a problem.

PB

26 February 2018 - 07:02 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Or even better simply take them out of the game for now, I know that is not hard as I recall you guys removing the retort lucario that leaked a couple years ago without a problem.

PB

Hello pokemonbrandon,

Thank you for your feedback! As pointed out by TPCi_Samhayne, this aspect of the game currently isn't a very big priority for the team, so it may be some time before this is addressed.

Thanks! 

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

26 February 2018 - 10:26 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

PB

Hello pokemonbrandon,

Thank you for your feedback! As pointed out by TPCi_Samhayne, this aspect of the game currently isn't a very big priority for the team, so it may be some time before this is addressed.

Thanks! 

Mod_Jynthu, I think what @PB might be referring to are the dozen unobtainable Promos, ...the ones that nobody can get (listed a couple places in this thread, including #1).

Please, work your magic, and mention this to the bosses.  It would be nice to make them disappear.  I don't know if ANYONE has ever owned them (I don't think so), but if they have, which makes removal difficult, then maybe the whole bundle could be added to the Game Shop at some point?

And while they are thinking about it, please ask them to make the 5-piece Fossil set available in the Shop again (alternate versions, from Furious Fists, of Fossil Researcher, Amaura, Aurorus, Tyrunt, and Tyrantrum), so we can check this very hard-to-find set off our lists too?

Edited by RobRatt, 27 February 2018 - 12:34 AM.

01 March 2018 - 10:30 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

A new League Promo -- Infernape, Ultra Prism 23 -- was added to the game today.

These League Promos tend to enter the game quite a while (sometimes a couple weeks) before they are distributed at League.  Don't expect to find it in Public Offers yet.

This card:

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/sm-series/sm5/23/

9,130 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including those no longer obtainable).

Edited by RobRatt, 01 March 2018 - 10:38 PM.

09 March 2018 - 10:59 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

A promo Lucario-GX (SM100) was added to the game today.  Both this Promo Box, and the Darkrai-GX Box (post #36) are available in stores today, and these cards should be easily found in Public trading..

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/product-gallery/lucario-gx-box/

NOTE:  On the first weekend of a new Promo release, the kids ask for super high prices.  It's best to wait a little while, for things to stabilize.

9,131 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including those no longer obtainable).

Edited by RobRatt, 10 March 2018 - 02:58 AM.

17 March 2018 - 09:47 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

I verified this stat with another good friend.  He has the same count, and is only missing the 5 cards in the Fossil Set, and 4 Gem Promos, besides the 12 "unobtainables,"  What makes his collection unique, is that the 9,110 cards he's gathered are all tradable.  Very cool.

Also, the latest League Promo, Infernape, Ultra Prism 23, is being given out at some Leagues this weekend.  It should start trickling into Public trading very soon.

9,131 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including those no longer obtainable).

As usual, post #1 is updated, and current.  Happy St. Patrick's Day.  :) 

Edited by RobRatt, 17 March 2018 - 09:52 PM.

20 March 2018 - 07:16 PM

LordKieta

Elite Trainer

• LordKieta

Dawn Wings Necrozma GX, SM101
Dusk Mane Necrozma GX, SM102 

These cards were added to the game after this last update. They're available through the new Spring Tin Codes

I do NOT check my messages in-game. If you need to talk to me, message me on the forums. 

Visit Violet City Trading Company, Located in In-Game Item Exchange!!! Trade your packs in for our cards! 

20 March 2018 - 09:26 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Dawn Wings Necrozma GX, SM101
Dusk Mane Necrozma GX, SM102 

These cards were added to the game after this last update. They're available through the new Spring Tin Codes

LordKieta is right.  Gracias amigo.  :cool:

These tins were released to the general public on 3/16/2018.

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/product-gallery/necrozma-prism-tin/

Post #1 is updated, and current.

9,133 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including those no longer obtainable).

Edited by RobRatt, 21 March 2018 - 12:08 AM.

21 March 2018 - 12:04 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

This afternoon, several hours after the v2.51 update, 3 more promos were added to the game.  They are Dusk Form Lycanroc (SM105), Dawn Wings Necrozma (106), and Dusk Mane Necrozma (107), and are not GX cards.  These will be included in the Spring 2018 Collector Chest (looks like a lunch box) that is scheduled for release this Friday, March 23rd.

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/product-gallery/collector-chest-spring-2018/

9,136 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including those no longer obtainable).

Edited by RobRatt, 21 March 2018 - 12:16 AM.

03 April 2018 - 07:44 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

A new League Promo -- Empoleon, Ultra Prism 34 -- was added to the game today.

Like other League Promos, it will probably be a couple weeks before this is distributed widely at Leagues, so don't expect to find it in Public Offers yet.

This card:

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/sm-series/sm5/34/

9,137 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including those no longer obtainable).

06 April 2018 - 10:20 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

A new promo box, Legends of Johto GX Premium Collection, was released today (4/6/2018).  This added Entei GX (Alternate A, SLG 10a), a new promo Raikou GX (SM121), and a Blue Rainbow Suicune Coin.  These promos should be available in Public Offers this weekend, but prices may be too high initially.

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/product-gallery/legends-of-johto-gx-premium-collection/

9,139 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including those no longer obtainable).

20 April 2018 - 08:54 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Four promos were added to the game today, from the latest Sun & Moon Trainer Kit. The main attackers in this deck, Alolan Sandslash (SM127) and Alolan Ninetales (#128) come in both Foil and Non-foil versions. This Trainer Kit should be available in stores today, April 20th.

9,143 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including 12 that are unobtainable).

Edited by RobRatt, 02 May 2018 - 02:14 AM.

20 April 2018 - 09:59 PM

XK920XK

Veteran Trainer

• XK920XK

These are the 12 cards currently unobtainable (not tradable) in the game.

Unobtainable:

Elgyem BW55
Espeon BW92
Flareon BW88
Glaceon BW90
Jigglypuff BW65
Jolteon BW91
Keldeo BW60
Leafeon BW87
Lillipup BW52
Meowth BW35
Scraggy BW25
Vaporeon BW99

when you say unobtainable not tradeable, does that mean you can get them locked prior? or no one in game has it outside of those "special every card" accounts.

20 April 2018 - 10:25 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

when you say unobtainable not tradeable, does that mean you can get them locked prior? or no one in game has it outside of those "special every card" accounts.

I've been debating whether to change this wording or not.  I've been asking around, and haven't found anyone yet who has ever owned these cards.  As far as I can tell, I don't think anybody has these 12 BW promos, even trade-locked.  But I'm still not sure at this point.

Back in 2014 & 2015, they gave away a lot of Packs, Gameplay, and Promos in those Mystery Boxes (in the spinning Prize Wheel).  That's where the 20+ HGSS promos came from, and about 40+ of the B&W promos.  What I think happened, is that they discontinued this game feature before these other 12 BW promos were given out.

Does anyone own these??  If so, please let us know.  ;)

@Staff, if these have NEVER been released to anyone, please consider a new way to distribute them, or possibly scrap them from the game altogether.

Edited by RobRatt, 20 April 2018 - 10:33 PM.

05 May 2018 - 10:08 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

With the release of Forbidden Light, and the version 2.52 update, 266 new cards have been added to the game this weekend, which brings the new total to 9,409.

This latest set, Forbidden Light, brought 254 new cards, including the regular release, reverse foils, end-of-set (SR/RR), and theme deck exclusive.  Of these, 212 are Pokémon, 38 Trainers, and 4 Energy.

Of the 254 cards in Forbidden Light, two are Theme Deck exclusive (a foil Alolan Exeggutor, and a foil Lycanroc).  Also in Forbidden Light, there is a non-foil Magnezone (FLI 36) that is a Prerelease exclusive version (in those PR boxes).

Outside of the regular Forbidden Light set, 12 other cards were added...

There are 4 Prerelease Promos (SM Black Star) for Forbidden Light (Lycanroc, Malamar, Pheromosa, and Xurkitree).

There was also a non-foil Dusknoir (BUS 53/147) added in the Twilight Rogue theme deck.

Six other SM-era Promos were added to the game as well:

Dawn Wings Necrozma (SM123)
Dusk Mane Necrozma (SM124)
Exeggcute (SM119)
Garbodor (Alt A, GRI 51a)
Regigigas (Alt A, CIN 84a)
Rockruff (SM120)

Lastly, this update added a new Buzzwole League Promo (FLI 77), which probably won't start showing up in Public Offers for a couple weeks.

9,409 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including 12 that are unobtainable).

Edited by RobRatt, 06 May 2018 - 09:08 AM.

06 May 2018 - 05:26 AM

GilbertWimple

Novice Trainer

• GilbertWimple

With the release of Forbidden Light, and the version 2.52 update, 266 new cards have been added to the game this weekend, which brings the new total to 9,409.

This latest set, Forbidden Light, brought 254 new cards, including the regular release, reverse foils, end-of-set (SR/RR), and theme deck exclusive.  Of these, 212 are Pokémon, 38 Trainers, and 4 Energy.

Of the 254 cards in Forbidden Light, two are Theme Deck exclusive (a foil Alolan Exeggutor, and a foil Lycanroc).  Also in Forbidden Light, there is a non-foil Magnezone (FLI 36) that is a Prerelease exclusive version (in those PR boxes).

Outside of the regular Forbidden Light set, 12 other cards were added...

There are 4 Prerelease Promos (SM Black Star) for Forbidden Light (Lycanroc, Malamar, Pheromosa, and Xurkitree).

There was also a non-foil Dusknoir (BUS 53/147) added in the Twilight Rogue theme deck.

Six other SM-era Promos were added to the game as well:

Dawn Wings Necrozma (SM123)
Dusk Mane Necrozma (SM124)
Exeggcute (SM119)
Garbodor (Alt A, GRI 51a)
Regigigas (Alt A, CIN 84a)
Rockfuff (SM120)

Lastly, this update added a new Buzzwole League Promo (FLI 77), which probably won't start showing up in Public Offers for a couple weeks.

9,409 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including 12 that are unobtainable).

If it helps at all, my brother and I run a local league together. We got a shipment of Forbidden Light Buzzwoles and Forbidden Light League Codes, and we were told that we aren't supposed to start handing them out until May 11th. 

12 May 2018 - 11:57 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

I've been debating whether to change this wording or not.  I've been asking around, and haven't found anyone yet who has ever owned these cards.  As far as I can tell, I don't think anybody has these 12 BW promos, even trade-locked.  But I'm still not sure at this point.

Back in 2014 & 2015, they gave away a lot of Packs, Gameplay, and Promos in those Mystery Boxes (in the spinning Prize Wheel).  That's where the 20+ HGSS promos came from, and about 40+ of the B&W promos.  What I think happened, is that they discontinued this game feature before these other 12 BW promos were given out.

Does anyone own these??  If so, please let us know.  ;)

@Staff, if these have NEVER been released to anyone, please consider a new way to distribute them, or possibly scrap them from the game altogether.

Hi RobRatt,

I've passed this along for further review.

Great job on keeping this updated!

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

01 June 2018 - 09:21 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Two new promos were added to the game today:

1.  A League Promo -- Guzzlord, Forbidden Light 80.  It will probably be a couple weeks before this is distributed, and available in Public trading.

2.  A new Zygarde-GX promo box was released today.  This Zygarde-GX (SM122) has new attacks from previous versions.  Just guessing, but from past history, they'll probably release the full-art and rainbow artwork in the next set.

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/product-gallery/shiny-zygarde-gx-box/

9,411 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including 12 that are unobtainable).

Edited by RobRatt, 01 June 2018 - 09:30 PM.

02 July 2018 - 07:32 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

It's been a month since any new cards were added to the game.  But a League Promo Trainer -- Beast Ring, Forbidden Light 102 -- was added today.

Like other League Promos, it will probably be a couple weeks before this is distributed widely at Leagues, so don't expect to find it in Public Offers yet.

9,412 Different Cards to Own (the top possible, including 12 that are unobtainable).

Edited by RobRatt, 02 July 2018 - 07:38 PM.