10,340 Different Cards to Own

• Please log in to reply

11 December 2017 - 08:23 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

As of December 12th, 2018:

10,340 Different Cards to Own (the top possible).

If anyone is curious about their Collection Statistics, the stat that says "Different Cards Owned" would top out at 10,340 (at least until the next set or more promos come out).  This includes all sets through Lost Thunder, and all types of cards (regular, reverse foil, promos, secret rare, trainers, energy, etc.)

But for example, if you have 8,000 Different Cards Owned...

10,340 minus 8,000 equals 2,340 to go.

8,000 divided by 10,340 equals 77.3% complete.

NOTE:  If you've got a slightly different count (very close, but not exact), there's a glitch in the servers that we've discovered.  The game statistic "Different Cards Owned" will keep track of cards that you previously owned, but may have traded away (it doesn't subtract them).  To get an accurate number you need to replace those cards (it won't count them a second time).  See post #34 for details.

Set Completions:  We also tested this feature.  Very similar to the "DCO Stat," once you've completed a set (in Collection Stats), that set's symbol remains Complete even if you trade some of the cards away.  See post #77 for details. 

For a very long time, these 12 Promo cards appeared in the game, and were considered "unobtainable" (and not tradable).  They were never released virtually.  With the version 2.59 update, these 12 cards were removed from the Online game entirely (December 11, 2018).

Elgyem BW55
Espeon BW92
Flareon BW88
Glaceon BW90
Jigglypuff BW65
Jolteon BW91
Keldeo BW60
Leafeon BW87
Lillipup BW52
Meowth BW35
Scraggy BW25
Vaporeon BW99

EDIT:  Changed the overall count to 8,801 (rather than 8,802).  An alternate foil Pokémon Center (NXD 90) was removed from the game.  See post #4.

EDIT:  With another League Promo (Registeel, CIN 68), the count is 8,802 again.  See post #10.

EDIT:  With six new alternate version and promo cards added to the game, it's now 8,808.  See post #16.

EDIT:  A new Marshadow Promo (SM93) added to the game.  Total 8,809.  Post #25.

EDIT:  The version 2.50 Update (on January 30th) added 7 Theme Deck exclusive cards from the two Call of Legends decks.  This would probably be considered a bug fix, rather than new cards being added.  Total 8,816.

EDIT:  The new set, Ultra Prism, added 303 cards, and 9 more promos were added (312 altogether).  This brings the overall total to 9,128.  See post #33.

EDIT:  A promo Darkrai-GX added to the game.  Release 3/9/2018.  Total 9,129.  Post #36.

EDIT:  A League Promo, Infernape (UPR 23), was added.  Total 9,130.  See post #45.

EDIT:  A promo Lucario-GX added to the game.  Release 3/9/2018.  Total 9,131.  Post #46.

EDIT:  Two new Necrozma-GX promos (Dusk Mane & Dawn Wing) from the Spring 2018 Tins were added to the game with the v2.51 update.  Total 9,133.  Post #49.

EDIT:  Three promos (Dusk Lycanroc, Dusk Mane Necrozma, and Dawn Wings Necrozma) from the Spring 2018 Collector Chest were added to the game.  Total 9,136.  Post #50.

EDIT:  A League Promo, Empoleon (UPR 34), was added.  Total 9,137.  Post #51.

EDIT:  A new Legends of Johto promo box with Entei GX (Alt A, SLG 10a) and Raikou GX (SM121) was added.  Release 4/6/2018.  Total 9,139.  Post #52.

EDIT:  Four promos from S&M Trainer Kit.  Alolan Sandslash (SM127) and Alolan Ninetales (SM128) come in both Foil and Non-foil versions.  Release 4/20/2018.  Total 9,143.  Post #53.

EDIT:  Forbidden Light and the v2.52 update added 266 new cards (254 for FLI, and 12 others).  This brings the overall total to 9,409.  See post #56.

EDIT:  A Zygarde-GX promo (SM122), released 6/1/2018, and a Guzzlord League Promo (FLI 80) were added.  Total 9,411.  Post #59.

EDIT:  A League Promo, Beast Ring (FLI 102), was added.  Total 9,412.  Post #60.

EDIT:  A new Forces of Nature GX promo box, with Thundurus GX (SM133) and Tornadus GX (SM134) was added.  Release 7/6/2018.  Total 9,414.  Post #61.

EDIT:  The version 2.54 update (7/31/2018) added a foil Promo Pikachu (BW54), source unknown, and deleted two cards from the database.  Total 9,413.  See post #67.

EDIT:  Celestial Storm and new promos added 335 new cards (324 for CES, and 11 others).  This brings the overall total to 9,748.  See post #68.

EDIT:  The glitches that appeared in the v2.54 update were fixed.  A Pikachu Promo was removed, and two missing cards were restored.  Total 9,749.  See post #69.

EDIT:  The 2018 World Championships gameplay set was added, which brings 6 more Champions Festival Stadiums in various languages.  Total 9,755.  Post #70.

EDIT:  The v2.55 update added a League Promo, Metagross (CES 95).  Total 9,756.  Post #71.

EDIT:  The set Dragon Majesty added 134 cards (116 Pokémon & 18 Trainers).  This brings the overall total to 9,890.  See post #73.

EDIT:  14 cards were added (9/7/2018).  Two are DRM promos (Latias & Latios) and 12 are alternates from the upcoming Battle Arena Decks.  Total 9,904.  See post #74.

EDIT:  Four promos were added (9/21/2018).  Naganadel-GX is in DRM Elite Trainer Box, and 3 new Eevee Tins include Glaceon-GX, Leafeon-GX, and Sylveon-GX.  Total 9,908.  Post #75.

EDIT:  A League Promo, Steven's Resolve (CES 145), was added.  Total 9,909.  Post #78.

EDIT:  Six promos were added.  All are GX's from Promo Box Sets.  Lunala & Solgaleo (release Oct 5), Dragonite & Kingdra (release Oct 19), and Reshiram & Zekrom (release Oct 26).  Total is now 9,915.  See post #79.

EDIT:  A promo Ultra Necrozma-GX (SM126) was added to the game, released 10/26/2018, from a DRM promo box.  Total 9916.  Post #82.

EDIT:  With the v2.57 update, two Alternate Promos, Tapu Fini GX (BUS 39a) and Tapu Lele GX (GRI 60a) were added (release Nov 2).  Total 9918.  Post #83.

EDIT:  Lost Thunder and new promos added 433 cards to the game (414 for LOT, and 19 others).  This brings the overall total to 10,351.  See post #85.

EDIT:  A League Promo, Lost Blender (LOT 181), was added.  Total 10,352.  Post #88.

EDIT:  12 cards that were previously considered "unobtainable" (and not tradable) were removed with the v2.59 update.  This corrects the overall count to 10,340.  See post #89.

Edited by RobRatt, 12 December 2018 - 09:54 PM.

12 December 2017 - 12:11 PM

magicalkobra66

Novice Trainer

• magicalkobra66

Hello RobRatt

I think the total should be 8788 (If i m not mistaken)

There are few cards that appear in ur "not owned" collection, however they are unobtainable:

Druddigon 17/20, 2nd Art

BW25 Scraggy (Shard Art)
BW35 Meowth
BW52 Lillipup
BW55 Elgyem
BW60 Keldeo
BW65 Jigglypuff
BW87 Leafeon
BW88 Flareon
BW89 Vaporeon
BW90 Glaceon
BW91 Jolteon
BW92 Espeon

dont know if this is a gem promo or not

BW54 Pikachu (Holo Art), It is listed in TOP Cut as unobtainable but in ou7c4st as gem.

Edited by magicalkobra66, 12 December 2017 - 12:11 PM.

12 December 2017 - 10:48 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

@magicalkobra, thank you for taking the time to write such a helpful reply.

And yes, you're absolutely right, the number is lower if you take into account the "unobtainable" cards.

In your list of unobtainable cards, you should know that Pikachu BW promo is available (aka Gem).  It'd odd that Top Cut would show it as unobtainable, and must be an oversight, because Matthew69 has one in his binder for trade.  I verified this with another friend who has one, just to be sure.

And that Druddigon 2nd art (with the Dragon Vault logo) is also available now.  There was a bug/glitch in the game for a while, after they added some alternate cards, but it is tradable.  I have one that I got in Public for just 2 or 3 packs.

12 December 2017 - 10:58 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

I modified the original post, and the title, to 8,801 Different Cards Owned.

This amount includes all of the "unobtainable cards" that magicalkobra66 mentioned above.  I'm holding out hope that these BW promos will be added to the Shop or something.  Either way, they still show in the game, and I'm assuming that some people may/must have them, even if they're trade-locked versions.

The reason for lowering the overall amount?? ...With today's update, a special foil Pokémon Center was deleted from the game and/or merged with that set's Reverse Foil version.  I don't know if this is a bug, or was intended, but it's better to be accurate with today's count, and readjust if this card comes back into our collections.

Edited by RobRatt, 06 January 2018 - 01:31 AM.

13 December 2017 - 05:57 AM

magicalkobra66

Novice Trainer

• magicalkobra66

@RobRatt

Thank you so much for this info.

21 December 2017 - 10:42 PM

TPCi_Samhayne

TPCi Staff

• TPCi_Samhayne

Hello friends,

The thing to know, is that the number continues to change!

The game currently doesn't do a great job of presenting the number of cards in the game.  We know that customers would like to have more statistics for collection.  Improving this aspect of the game is not currently a big priority for the team.  We do have it on the list, but no guarantees as to when, or if, improvements on this front would be made. 

With the continuous nature of cards going into the system, the total number is constantly moving and not something we currently maintain on a rigorous, public ready way.  All that is to say, I don't have solid numbers for you, or to verify what you have worked out.   

I hope that helps!

-Alex

Alex Leary
Pokémon TCG Online
The Pokémon Company International

Need help from the support team? Visit the [url="http://www.pokemon.com/support"]support portal[/url] and submit a ticket!

21 December 2017 - 10:49 PM

settlers25

Expert Trainer

• settlers25

Hello friends,

The thing to know, is that the number continues to change!

The game currently doesn't do a great job of presenting the number of cards in the game.  We know that customers would like to have more statistics for collection.  Improving this aspect of the game is not currently a big priority for the team.  We do have it on the list, but no guarantees as to when, or if, improvements on this front would be made. 

With the continuous nature of cards going into the system, the total number is constantly moving and not something we currently maintain on a rigorous, public ready way.  All that is to say, I don't have solid numbers for you, or to verify what you have worked out.   

I hope that helps!
-Alex

Will it be possible for the developers to add an indikator of a type that show, if a card is not avaleble?

- 100% Perfect Complete, 42 set completed. BETA Tester from 2011 -- Total Game played: 21.835.- Perfect Complete: HeartGold & SoulSilver -> Evolution (Foil & Non foil)- Black & White Noble Victories

- I have put my account to sleep again... I will return a day...

22 December 2017 - 01:08 AM

Jigglypuffan

Elite Trainer

• Jigglypuffan

Will it be possible for the developers to add an indikator of a type that show, if a card is not avaleble?

good idea

22 December 2017 - 10:45 AM

Mod_GuruLot

• Mod_GuruLot

Hey settlers25 and Jigglypuffan, 

Thank you for your feedback. I will pass on your suggestion! 

Happy holidays everyone!  :)

Best, 
Mod_Gurulot
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

For more help please visit our Help Center to submit a request.

Prior to posting in the forum, please check out the forum rules.

01 January 2018 - 10:49 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

They've added another recent League Promo to the game (Registeel, CIN 68), so the overall count (of possible Different Cards Owned) is 8,802, as of this date.  This includes the dozen or more cards that most players consider "unobtainable."

P.S.  Happy New Years everyone.  :)

04 January 2018 - 05:18 PM

tarif15

Elite Trainer

• tarif15

yo rob , can i talk to you somewhere please ? i need to get more info on the collection stats . is it allowed to give discord name tags here ? 

04 January 2018 - 05:20 PM

Deadfun

Elite Trainer

• Deadfun

yo rob , can i talk to you somewhere please ? i need to get more info on the collection stats . is it allowed to give discord name tags here ? 

Have fun getting muted ma boi LUUL

We are a team like no other. 

We are the Paradox Brother. 

04 January 2018 - 05:23 PM

tarif15

Elite Trainer

• tarif15

Have fun getting muted ma boi LUUL

hey deady :D nice to see you again man . i'll take your response as a no . well could YOU help me out with the collection stats ? 

04 January 2018 - 05:24 PM

Deadfun

Elite Trainer

• Deadfun

hey deady :D nice to see you again man . i'll take your response as a no . well could YOU help me out with the collection stats ? 

I never cared much about collection stats. Also I dont play this game anymore its bad :P

We are a team like no other. 

We are the Paradox Brother. 

06 January 2018 - 12:45 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Hey @tarif, I'm not sure if I can give you more insight on Collection Stats.  I'm relying on the limited info the game shows.  I've only posted this Total so players don't have to count hundreds of their cards, trying to guess.

Looking at two collections over 99% (mine & my son's), we've come up with the same number for both.  It's simple really, and I don't know how else to come up with a total.  In both cases, I looked at our Collection Stats, for "Different Cards Owned."  And then manually counted how many we're missing (checkmark the Show Not Owned box).  Since we're missing only one Trainer, and no Energy, it was easy to count just the Pokemon.

Basically...

(Different Cards Owned, in Stats) + (Cards Not Owned) = (Total Available)

If you have the time, I'd be curious if you come up with the same number.  Fairly certain you don't have too many to count. :)

Edited by RobRatt, 06 January 2018 - 12:58 AM.

06 January 2018 - 12:50 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

They've recently added another six cards to the game, so the total count (of possible Different Cards Owned) is 8,808, as of this date.  Again, this includes the dozen or more cards that most players consider "unobtainable."

Here are the new additions...

Alolan Dugtrio, SUM 87 (Foil, from a new 2-pack Blister)
Alolan Golem, GRI 42 (Foil, from a new 2-pack Blister)
Alolan Muk, SUM 58 (Foil, from a new 2-pack Blister)
Guzzlord-GX, CIN 63a (Alternate A, from Guzzlord-GX Promo Box)
Pikachu, SLG 28 (Foil, from Raichu-GX Promo Box)
Raichu-GX, Promo SM90 (Full-Art, from Raichu-GX Promo Box)

NOTE:  The new 2-pack Blister includes all 3 cards, Alolan Dugtrio, Golem, and Muk.

NOTE:  A new Gold Pixel Raichu Coin also comes in the Raichu-GX Promo Box

06 January 2018 - 12:55 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

^^ This is a great idea.

Alternately, would you consider placing these "unobtainable" cards in the Shop from time to time?  Please.  Pretty please, with sugar on top.

07 January 2018 - 12:02 AM

Loof6

Veteran Trainer

• Loof6

What is the release date for the new 2-pack Blister? Are they avaible now in real life?

07 January 2018 - 12:21 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

What is the release date for the new 2-pack Blister? Are they avaible now in real life?

The 2 promo boxes were released yesterday, but I'm not sure about general distribution for that blister pack.

I haven't Googled it, but I know it's currently available at Pokémon Center for $10.

https://www.pokemoncenter.com/trading-card-game/pok%C3%A9mon-tcg%3A-alolan-muk--alolan-dugtrio---alolan-golem-promo-cards-with-2-booster-packs---coin-290-80365

07 January 2018 - 11:25 PM

Loof6

Veteran Trainer

• Loof6

Thanks.