Next Anniversary-The Movies

• Please log in to reply

04 December 2017 - 01:44 AM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

Hey folks, not sure how many people are getting tired with all the big anniversaries that have been popping up, wither Pokemon or not, but here is one more I'm throwing at you.  In July, 2018, would mark 20 years since Pokémon the 1st Movie hit theaters.  Anyway, while not sure how many of you have actually got the chance to see it in the theaters, especially on the first day in the country you were in, yet if anybody wants to share their past experiences when it comes to the movie, or the ones that came afterwards, feel free to share.

As for me, haven't seen it during opening night, but I did see it twice, and both times, I can remember that it was a full house both times at the theater.  Even remember watching it plenty of times when it came out on DVD.  And I still watch the movie, and I can tell you, while it's a bit sad that it is the only movie to have any kind of connections to the anime, it was probably the first time I seen Pokémon pull out all the stops in terms of drama, especially the tearjerker scene near the end.  Also, I still listen to the music that was playing during the credits.  Probably one of the best times of my life.

While it was rereleased during Pokémon 20, but only to Cinemark theaters, would like to see the movie return for the movies 20th, along with maybe 2000 and 3 the movie, but in an IMAX theater, where the screens are bigger then a house, although that's probably just me.

Anyway, like I said before, if you want to share, go right ahead, just keep it clean.

Edited by GrewupGeek, 04 December 2017 - 01:54 AM.

04 December 2017 - 09:14 AM

Mod_Gunning

Senior Trainer

• Mod_Gunning

I was never able to see the first movie in the theatres but would really love a new movie! Any news if one will come out soon?

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

04 December 2017 - 10:24 AM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

The new one I'm only aware of is the I Choose You reboot that just came out.  Chances are, the next one would either be a sequel, which I doubt, or based in the Sun and Moon arc.

04 December 2017 - 04:32 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

It sounds like you have some very fond memories of seeing the movie in theaters! 

I never got the chance to do so, but it would be pretty exciting to have that chance!

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

05 December 2017 - 01:44 AM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

It sounds like you have some very fond memories of seeing the movie in theaters! 

I never got the chance to do so, but it would be pretty exciting to have that chance!

I do have fond memories of it.  It was the first movie I got to enjoy after graduating High School, back when going to the theater, and having some of the food, was affordable, and the movies came with a nice soundtrack that came out around the same time the movie did.  Nowadays, I'm just trying to keep up with all the changes the Pokémon Company has been throwing out lately.

08 December 2017 - 07:07 AM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

I saw it in theaters, I was young and SUPER hyped. I was so inspired by Mewtwo in his armor, to this day he is my favorite Pokemon because of that movie. I really wish they would add his armor as a card.

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!