20 years of Pokemon Adventures

• Please log in to reply

29 November 2017 - 09:59 PM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

Hey everyone, not sure how many people have been keeping up with the manga, but from the sounds of things, August  marked 20 years since Pokémon Adventures hit bookshelves in Japan, and kind of find it amazing how nobody made it as big of a deal as they did with the video games, trading cards and the anime.  Anyway, has anybody been keeping up with the series?  Or no?

As for me, I only have the first five volumes, and couldn't keep up, mainly because life got in the way.  Right now, I wish they could start re-release the earlier issues, like combined them in book form, or something, in order to catch up on what I missed.  Sure the manga is like the games, where each generation tells it's own story, but still, would be nice to see how each version goes.

02 December 2017 - 11:46 PM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

I never got into reading them. Is their a volume you would suggest over the others, or is it better to start from the beginning? 

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

03 December 2017 - 02:03 AM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

The manga is a bit like the games, each generation tells it's own story, and doesn't really continue off any of the older ones.  So mainly, just pick any one series to start off from.

03 December 2017 - 02:19 AM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

I actually haven't gotten around to reading these either. I will need to check to see if my local library or bookstores have any of these. 

I think one of the reasons why these are less popular is because not as many people know that they exist!

Moderator Jynthu

03 December 2017 - 11:32 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

I'm a huge fan of Adventures. :) Let's see... I've read the originals, G/S, and Sinnoh all the way through, Hoenn and Unova most of the way, the first couple from Kalos, and one ORAS book. :P

I wasn't aware that they turned 20 in August, but it makes sense. Mod Alder, the books are mostly seperate, but they bring they story lines together much more than the games. Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn all sort of flow into one another, and Red doesn't stop making appearances until Unova. For diamond and Pearl, though, they pretty much restarted- there are no references to previous plots until Platinum. Unova did a similar thing, but I don't know if Hidenori did any back-referencing there.

After that, I lose track- though I really love what they did with the character X.

With all that said, though, I still think the first four are the best. :D

Edited by SuperStone, 04 December 2017 - 02:54 AM.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

04 December 2017 - 01:29 AM

Mod_Elderberry

• Mod_Elderberry

And just like that, I now feel old.  :wacko:

Moderator Elderberry

04 December 2017 - 06:24 AM

The_Real_Bug

Expert Trainer

• The_Real_Bug

And just like that, I now feel old.  :wacko:

Shhh, the little child living inside you will hear you.

Don't follow the trends, follow my threads

/u/The_Real_Bug_ /r/ptcgo