[CARD] Whiscash (XY—Primal Clash #40) - Amnesia disables two attacks

PC Trainer Challenge Cards

• Please log in to reply

20 November 2017 - 02:16 PM

Gahrudo

Rookie Trainer

• Gahrudo

Hi,

I'm quite new to the digital version of the TCG, but have been enjoying it this far.
This may not be a bug, but perhaps myself who doesn't fully understand the rules of "Amnesia". So feel free to correct me.

I was playing a Trainer Challenge against Penelope with my Mewtwo Mayhem deck.

She had put Whiscash into play and I was playing with Mewtwo. She made Whiscash use its Amnesia attack. The description of the attack says:

"Choose 1 of your opponent's Active Pokémon's attacks. That Pokémon can't use that attack during your opponent's next turn".  

Still, Mewtwo couldn't use any of it's attacks (Psychic or Barrier). This happened during the first time Whiscash used Amnesia and for the other times aswell. 

Has this happened to anyone else?

20 November 2017 - 02:25 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt
Whiscash's Amnesia can only block one Attack. But Mewtwo's own Barrier attack says "you may not use this again" if one of your Pokemon used it last turn. I'm just guessing, but it sounds like you were caught in that "every other turn" cycle, which prevented both.

20 November 2017 - 02:48 PM

Gahrudo

Rookie Trainer

• Gahrudo

Whiscash's Amnesia can only block one Attack. But Mewtwo's own Barrier attack says "you may not use this again" if one of your Pokemon used it last turn. I'm just guessing, but it sounds like you were caught in that "every other turn" cycle, which prevented both.

Thanks for your reply. I see what you mean, but the strange thing was that Mewtwo hadn't done any attack (came directly from the bench) prior to Whiscash using Amnesia. :(

22 November 2017 - 06:01 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Thanks for your reply. I see what you mean, but the strange thing was that Mewtwo hadn't done any attack (came directly from the bench) prior to Whiscash using Amnesia. :(

You had enough energy for both attacks, I presume?

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

09 December 2017 - 01:17 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello! 

I have updated the title of this thread for clarity. 

Gahrudo, did you save the game log for this match, or have you run into the issue again?

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PC, Trainer Challenge, Cards