Troll Decks Need To Stop

• Please log in to reply

18 February 2018 - 03:17 PM

Harion

Senior Trainer

• Harion

Just for the record, I play one of the decks described in this thread.  I have four enhanced hammers, four crushing hammers, four Team Flare Grunts and four VS Seekers cards and I get beaten with this deck as often as I win.  I have played it about 400 times with 200 losses.  

The amusing thing is that it's very rarely that I am ever able to use these cards in any sort of sequence that will dominate another opponent.  That's only 16 cards out of 60 and crushing hammers are only 50/50 anyway.  These decks are hardly dominate.  Most of my wins from this deck actually comes from the fact that I have Alohan Ninetails and my opponent has only EX or GX.  It's only once in a blue moon where the energy discarding strategy comes together.

i think if you add in mons that also has energy discarding ability, your wins would increase.

19 February 2018 - 06:59 AM

grriffinn

Trainer

• grriffinn

i think if you add in mons that also has energy discarding ability, your wins would increase.

Or a means of recycling the two Item cards that can help with milling Energy (and pulling out Energy-milling Supporters), Sableye DEX is a VERY good example of that.

19 February 2018 - 02:30 PM

KilerOrangeCat

Rookie Trainer

• KilerOrangeCat

Or a means of recycling the two Item cards that can help with milling Energy (and pulling out Energy-milling Supporters), Sableye DEX is a VERY good example of that.

I think I'll try those.  I do sort of love the irony that this thread was made to try and stop people from playing decks like that and that I got tips to make said "troll" deck better. I do love the irony.  Thanks, fellow trainers!

19 February 2018 - 05:24 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

I played against a heatmor/raichu/fliptini deck recently with my Volcs.  After taking two KOs with Guzma, I realized there was literally nothing my deck could do to stop them. :P I would basically have to wait for them to get really unlucky- and I didn't feel like that, obviously. (concede)

I actually think it's a really cool strategy.  But there doesn't seem to be any obvious way to counter it, except switch and that new skateboard tool.

Edited by SuperStone, 19 February 2018 - 05:26 PM.

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

12 March 2018 - 10:57 PM

StevenSplitter

Rookie Trainer

• StevenSplitter

Sorry but I do not agree with the OP at all here, none of these so called 'troll decks' are unbeatable If you aren't able to find ways to counter such decks than you need to look to improve your skills as a player or look at the way that you are building decks. A lot of players enjoy the variety that energy denial and mill decks bring to the game if you don't just concede them and play a different match. It is not your place to ruin the game for everyone else.