[CARD] Startling Megaphone (FlashFire #97) - Startling Megaphone Didn't Discard Focus Sash (Furious Fists #91).

Cards Versus Mode

• Please log in to reply

12 November 2017 - 11:26 PM

MaSkullzOnFire

Elite Trainer

• MaSkullzOnFire

I was just in a game against somebody and when I used Startling Megaphone (FlashFire, 97/106) their Focus Sash (Furious Fists, 91/111) which was attached to one of their Primal Groudon's (Primal Clash, 151/160) didn't get discarded. I may have overlooked something by mistake but shouldn't Focus Sash have been discarded?

YouTube Channel: N7 117

12 November 2017 - 11:34 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

It's tiny print, but at the top of Primal Groudon, you'll see his "Barrier" Ancient Trait.  ...Trainer cards have no effect (except Tools and Stadiums).  It's this AT, where you can't Lysandre or Guzma up that beast, that makes the deck work.

12 November 2017 - 11:40 PM

MaSkullzOnFire

Elite Trainer

• MaSkullzOnFire

It's tiny print, but at the top of Primal Groudon, you'll see his "Barrier" Ancient Trait.  ...Trainer cards have no effect (except Tools and Stadiums).  It's this AT, where you can't Lysandre or Guzma up that beast, that makes the deck work.

Yeah, I just remembered the AT it has. It's an odd situation really because whilst Guzma and Lysandre affect opposing Pokémon, Startling Megaphone doesn't as it is used to affect tool cards.

YouTube Channel: N7 117

13 November 2017 - 01:49 AM

graywh

Elite Trainer

• graywh

Yeah, I just remembered the AT it has. It's an odd situation really because whilst Guzma and Lysandre affect opposing Pokémon, Startling Megaphone doesn't as it is used to affect tool cards.

It was ruled years ago that there's no such distinction.  There's a thread on pokegym dot net with an answer from PokePop himself.

Forums Rules
  • Stay on Topic
  • Search, then Post
  • Be Constructive
  • Play Nice
  • Be Honest
  • Keep Your Private Life Private
  • Keep Your Links Official
  • Discipline is Private
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

13 November 2017 - 03:58 AM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Thanks everyone for the clarifications.

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

06 December 2017 - 06:10 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

I have updated the title of this topic to be more descriptive. 

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cards, Versus Mode