Trainers using Mac OS version 10.12 or higher might run into an issue with the installer freezing at "Please wait while the refresher is patched". If you or a friend are experiencing this issue, there are a couple of solutions to attempt that should fix this.
The first is to go into your Applications folder and open the 'Pokémon Online Trading Card Game' folder. Move the application from this to the main Applications folder and then delete the empty TCGO folder.
If this does not work, you may need to try a "full" uninstallation if you experience issues such as the patcher/refresher stalling after an update, the client freezing or crashing, or trouble hanging during loading up.
Important! During the uninstall process you want to be sure to remove the all associated game files. Please follow the below steps to perform a complete uninstall.
- Delete the folder named TCGO, along with any downloaded installation files.
- Click on 'Go' located on your top window, press the 'alt/option' key and select 'Library'.
- Go to 'Cache' folder. Delete any/all Pokémon related folders you find.
- From the 'Library' again, go to 'Saved Application State' and delete the "unity.The Pokémon Company International.Refresher.savedState" folder.
- Empty your trash and then restart your Mac.
- Ensure that you've deleted all previously downloaded versions of the game.
- Visit http://pokemon.com/playtcgo to download the latest game installer.
More Info: Please also confirm that your machine meets the minimum specifications required to run the TCGO (found at the bottom of the download page). You'll also need to ensure you have a strong and stable internet connection, as the TCGO requires constant communication with the game servers.
NOTE: If you find you have any further difficulty, please submit a support ticket with your system information. You can find detailed instructions for how to do so here: How do I provide my system information (such as DxDiag) to the support team?
If, after reinstallation, you encounter the same issue, please use the following steps to launch the game client:
- Go to the Applications folder and the Pokémon Online Trading Card Game folder.
- Right-click on the icon and select 'Show Package Contents.'
- In the resulting folder, go into 'Contents' and then 'MacOS'
- There will be a file called Pokemon Trading Card Game Online. Launch this file. It will open a terminal which will run before the game launches.
At this stage, you should be able to close the Terminal and run the game as normal. If you do continue to experience issues, please provide us with your system specifications (instructions on how to do so can be found in the following support article: How to retrieve system information.
If you continue to experience issues, create a support ticket at www.pokemon.com/support by doing the following:
- Click "Sign In" near the top to sign into your account and open up all options
- Select the "Request Support" tab and then "Ask a Question" link
- Fill out all the required filled and give a detailed description of the issue, including the steps already taken to attempt to resolve it
- It's best to provide your system information to the support team right away. Instructions on how to do so can be found in the support portal here: How to retrieve system information.
- Once everything is filled out, select "Finish"
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
“Shello, how may I help you today?”
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!