Why trophies were important.

• Please log in to reply

03 November 2017 - 10:30 AM

Danielsan555

Novice Trainer

• Danielsan555

Hey there.

I don't post all too often on the forums, but this is something that I feel extremely strong about.

Evert since I 1st started playing PTCGO, the most fun thing to do was play tournaments. From when they were 4 tickets & 49 coins, to the 24-ticket high roller tournaments, there was a sense of accomplishment that came with winning a tournament.

The trophy system was a very fun thing that just gave us the players a record of how well we did. I felt accomplished and set goals.

Over a year and a half ago I hit the initial goal of 1,000 1st place trophies, and I had been streaming on Twitch with the title "2,000 Trophies or Bust" for the last couple weeks.

My last count was around 1,67X. (Can't remember)

Here's the last shot I took when I hit 1,600. [EDIT: can't link]

Now that trophies have been completely removed, my motivation for continuing to play has been severely shot. While the trophies did nothing in the game, they were a confidence booster, and an acknowledgment of 'yeah, I did that.'

It's just like any other trophy for wining a sporting event, chess tournament, olympic event. In the end, the trophy/medal is something that just sits on a desk or in a drawer, but it's a sense of accomplishment that's a reward that you earned.

To any devs that read this, I know that I'm just 1 guy who's spent too much time playing this game, but I implore you to PLEASE reinstate the trophy system. Just like the VS. ladder has a goal with the 2,000 FA trainer, the Tournament Trophy System was my goal. I want to keep earning trophies, and I wanted to hit that 2,000 mark.

I understand the 'oh trophies didn't do anything' argument, but understand, the sense of accomplishment that they gave was the reason I kept playing. With them removed, it feels like years of hard work were taken away instantly. :(

Edited by Danielsan555, 03 November 2017 - 10:30 AM.

03 November 2017 - 11:28 AM

Eden2902

Senior Trainer

• Eden2902

The whole game is, with a close look, a huge waste of time, but I got what you mean.

It's one of those changes in the game, that are not really wanted like the changed end-screen for battles. There are changes and changes that nobody wants, but those which are really neccesary are not implemented because of lazyness (would it really such difficult to make notifications for the trading section? maybe a student first semester could programm this...).

I hope for you, that they will return this.

The cake is a lie!

01 December 2017 - 05:32 PM

Harion

Junior Trainer

• Harion

why'd they remove trophies? sorry. just came back to the game. was a beta-tester in '11 then completely forgot about this game. just came back because my son wanted to play the game so i gave him my account. now i'm playing again so i could beef up his account with lots of cards.

02 December 2017 - 06:04 PM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I will make sure to forward this post to the development team. 

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

30 May 2018 - 12:54 AM

Firehawk1992

Rookie Trainer

• Firehawk1992

i feel like trophy should be brought back let plays feel good about them themselves feel like they are getting better please bring it back and make it better i would like trophy to mean something excursive 1 entry tourneys, that pop up now again so we get access  bronze silver and gold tourneys. make them trophy being entry fee but still have something to show how many you have won so other players can see your achievement.  prizes of tourneys just being coin or random non trade packs to help with the non trade collections and wining all 3 tourney bronze silver and gold gets you plat trophy which can be used to get an exclusive coins /sleeves/deck box/ player cosmetics items that been discounted most new players have miss out on old stuff i would really like the chance to get the old Froakie 3 sleeve deck box. please consider this because players need to feel rewarded for there time and hard work put into buying your cards buying tourney tickets putting hours and hours of time in to time making there decks, you-tubing there videos promoting the game people want show off skill and hard work. everyone tcgo wants able to do this. 

30 May 2018 - 01:13 AM

Firehawk1992

Rookie Trainer

• Firehawk1992

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I will make sure to forward this post to the development team. 

please read my post and talk to your team again  i understand it could be alot of work but it would be worth it 

30 May 2018 - 01:56 PM

Mod_Lyam

• Mod_Lyam

please read my post and talk to your team again  i understand it could be alot of work but it would be worth it 

Hi Firehawk1992,

I will add your feedback to this request. Please remember that all your suggestions are read, but we cannot assure that they will be implemented.

Thank you!

Moderator Lyam
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!