Mega Gengar vivid deckbox challenge

• Please log in to reply

28 October 2017 - 07:25 AM

iyado166

Elite Trainer

• iyado166
There is currently a special challenge to KO 40 opposing Pokemon with your dark Pokemon.
If completed it will add the Deckbox to the collection. I imagine this means that the deckbox will soon actually be properly display in game, which is currently not the case, otherwise what s the point,
Now hosting the Sun & Moon League tournament
>))))">.o ..>))))">.o ..>))))">.o ..>))))">.o ..>))))">.o ..>))))">

30 October 2017 - 08:29 AM

Eden2902

Senior Trainer

• Eden2902

Maybe for those who doesn't buy it from the shop? It was only one day available.

I've read, that this challenge has two parts. Do I have to beat BOTH parts in the next 3 days or do I have another time period (maybe 5 days) for part 2? I am half way part 1.

The cake is a lie!

30 October 2017 - 04:54 PM

Gagravarr

Novice Trainer

• Gagravarr

I think you have to do both parts in the 4 day time - I'm onto the second part and there's only 2 days 7 hours left to go

The second part seems harder though: "Knock out 40 opposing Pokémon with a Pokémon that has Weakness to Dark"

30 October 2017 - 09:51 PM

Eden2902

Senior Trainer

• Eden2902
Are you serious? 5 days for two parts. Are they stupid?

The cake is a lie!

31 October 2017 - 01:57 AM

RakdosRiotLord

Novice Trainer

• RakdosRiotLord

i finished the first part in no time and to my disappointment there is no art file for it? eh moving on to the sleeves.

31 October 2017 - 05:00 AM

UselessEX

Veteran Trainer

• UselessEX

I think you have to do both parts in the 4 day time - I'm onto the second part and there's only 2 days 7 hours left to go

The second part seems harder though: "Knock out 40 opposing Pokémon with a Pokémon that has Weakness to Dark"

in other word (knock out 40 opposing pokemon with ghost pokemon)

Are you serious? 5 days for two parts. Are they stupid?

i have to say this is the hardest special  challenge i see

31 October 2017 - 05:37 AM

Sadra

Senior Trainer

• Sadra

I think the best deck to complete the second challenge is night march using pumpkaboo. Its really fast. Gengar/ seviper and past friends Chandelure are viable options too. Trevenant, however is a bad option as people will quit before you knock out any. 

31 October 2017 - 05:53 AM

Eden2902

Senior Trainer

• Eden2902
Worst. Game. Ever. I don't know why I am so stupid and played this sh** that is not even close to the "real" games. Stupid challenges which are designed with no brain, many many (...) flaws that are unheared. PTCGO is definetely not comparable with the well-designed 3DS games. That CAN'T be the same team. If Pokemon red and blue were designed from the same team as PTCGO, then today nobody would buy pokemon games anymore.

The cake is a lie!

31 October 2017 - 09:04 AM

iyado166

Elite Trainer

• iyado166

Worst. Game. Ever. I don't know why I am so stupid and played this sh** that is not even close to the "real" games. Stupid challenges which are designed with no brain, many many (...) flaws that are unheared. PTCGO is definetely not comparable with the well-designed 3DS games. That CAN'T be the same team. If Pokemon red and blue were designed from the same team as PTCGO, then today nobody would buy pokemon games anymore.

Oh Jeeez. Relax man... Breathe in .... breathe out .  No one is forcing you to play the game... just quit, maybe it is best for you

Take a grumpy face, turn it up side down... here you go :) you have a smile

Now hosting the Sun & Moon League tournament
>))))">.o ..>))))">.o ..>))))">.o ..>))))">.o ..>))))">.o ..>))))">

31 October 2017 - 04:18 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

Well, the second part of this challenge does manage to show us just how lacking the deck builder is. There is no way to filter for weakness. If you don't know all your cards, you may need to scroll through the whole list looking at small dots to see if they're black.

BTW, I still dislike the "new and improved" scrolling that we got a few versions ago. Cards SHOULD NOT move backwards as you scroll forwards.

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

31 October 2017 - 06:40 PM

Toklopo

Senior Trainer

• Toklopo

I think the best deck to complete the second challenge is night march using pumpkaboo. Its really fast. Gengar/ seviper and past friends Chandelure are viable options too. Trevenant, however is a bad option as people will quit before you knock out any. 

Past Friends Chandelure is one of my favourite decks (Expanded version) so I was really happy that I had a good excuse to play it  :P  It wasn't the fastest way to finish the challenge but I still managed to get it done relatively quickly.

31 October 2017 - 09:31 PM

Eden2902

Senior Trainer

• Eden2902
This challenge is super bad designed. The only player who can win this are advanced players with many decks. I haven't a dark deck (atm in standard not sooo good) and didn't manage a dark deck until yesterday, so I am half way part 1... Yeah... Maybe next time. This challenge comes this year again. It was here 2 years ago and in many forums were complainted how stupid this challenge is and what now? No difference -.-

Is the reward for winning the challenge the same thing what were obtainable in the shop a few weeks ago? Instead of making challenges, which are nearly impossible to manage for beginners, they should hear to the community and improve that game. There are unlimited flaws which are all easy to solve, but what cones? A new end screen, which no one wants... Yeah cool. Luckily the PTCGO has inherent fun because of the TCG itself, the fun definetely doesn't come from "good programming". Its a shame that the devs rest on their "success" and doesn't improve it. Its just because that too much player play the game independent from the quality of the app.

The cake is a lie!

31 October 2017 - 10:18 PM

Sadra

Senior Trainer

• Sadra

This challenge is super bad designed. The only player who can win this are advanced players with many decks. I haven't a dark deck (atm in standard not sooo good) and didn't manage a dark deck until yesterday, so I am half way part 1... Yeah... Maybe next time. This challenge comes this year again. It was here 2 years ago and in many forums were complainted how stupid this challenge is and what now? No difference -.-

Is the reward for winning the challenge the same thing what were obtainable in the shop a few weeks ago? Instead of making challenges, which are nearly impossible to manage for beginners, they should hear to the community and improve that game. There are unlimited flaws which are all easy to solve, but what cones? A new end screen, which no one wants... Yeah cool. Luckily the PTCGO has inherent fun because of the TCG itself, the fun definetely doesn't come from "good programming". Its a shame that the devs rest on their "success" and doesn't improve it. Its just because that too much player play the game independent from the quality of the app.

I hate to say this but many of the challenges are indeed very difficult for beginners to complete. It feeds the rich but isolates the poor. While I am very grateful that PTCGO has a lot of free stuff and interesting features, I don't think that you can start by spending nothing. In addition, PTCGO does not really care about the Voc  in many aspects, this can be easily proven from the chat disabling case where many insisted to bring it back while they just ignored it, which is the easiest but definitely not the best way. 

01 November 2017 - 09:39 AM

Eden2902

Senior Trainer

• Eden2902

I hate to say this but many of the challenges are indeed very difficult for beginners to complete. It feeds the rich but isolates the poor. While I am very grateful that PTCGO has a lot of free stuff and interesting features, I don't think that you can start by spending nothing. In addition, PTCGO does not really care about the Voc  in many aspects, this can be easily proven from the chat disabling case where many insisted to bring it back while they just ignored it, which is the easiest but definitely not the best way. 

Yeah and what it makes more curious: I think they don't make much profit. The only thing you can buy with real money are those tickets. But nearly nobody is such stupid to buy them. Personally, I make 5 GRI Packs to ~60-70 in one month without a single tournament. They aren't really neccesary. And for the fun they make, it's absolute sufficient to wait for enough tickets. I don't know why the whole game isn't developed as the community want and on the other site there isn't money coming into play. Sadly a game that plays like a beta and I hope, that we've got a full game in the next years.

Oh and a great idea to make maintenance at the last day of the event. But whom do I say that? The good player have this event beaten maybe yesterday and the others are not important.

Edited by Eden2902, 01 November 2017 - 11:57 AM.

The cake is a lie!

02 November 2017 - 11:23 PM

Eden2902

Senior Trainer

• Eden2902
In the shop is a set with. Gengar-Ex and a Mega Gengar deck box... Is that the one we could have won in this well-designed challenge? On the picture is just a gengar as deck box but in the description is definitely mega Gengar. So?

The cake is a lie!

03 November 2017 - 01:03 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

In the shop is a set with. Gengar-Ex and a Mega Gengar deck box... Is that the one we could have won in this well-designed challenge? On the picture is just a gengar as deck box but in the description is definitely mega Gengar. So?

It's the Halloween Gengar set, like the picture shows.  It's a different set than the Mega Gengar during the Special Challenge.

It's only in the Shop for a week, til Nov 7th, so you should get it sooner than later.

Edited by RobRatt, 03 November 2017 - 01:05 AM.

03 November 2017 - 01:19 AM

Eden2902

Senior Trainer

• Eden2902
Oh ok thx!

The cake is a lie!