- - - - -

Your favorite game(s), always

• Please log in to reply

16 October 2017 - 06:40 AM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek
Hey everyone, after over 21 1/2 years of Pokemon, just gotta ask, but after 7 generations, loads of video games, 10 systems, and different variations, out *************, which ones would you consider to be your all time favorite no matter what comes out? Like no matter wither or not it would make the Virtual Console, or if somebody feels bored enough to remake one, or create a sequel a few years, or couple of decades later, the original would still be your favorite, maybe.

For me, while Gen I, the original RBY, would still be my favorite, mainly due to sentimental reason, yet the game I probably enjoyed playing the most, at least on the handheld, would be RSE on the GBA, or more specifically, Pokémon Emerald, because for a Third game, you got to deal with two feuding teams, capture all three Legendary Pokémon in Hoenn in one game, and also served to fill the gap between RS and FRLG. Pokémon Colosseum would always be my top console game, because it not only served as a go between for the Gen III games, yet it was really unique in terms of storyline and approach, although the stealing the bad guy's pokemon in order to make things right makes things complicated. Stadium 1&2 were good games, especially with all the mini-games, and Snap was more lifelike, yet I liked them better then Battle Revolution.

Anyway, here is my list. Feel free to share, yet keep it clean, and as always Moderators welcomed to share theirs.

17 October 2017 - 05:39 AM

deropa1984

Junior Trainer

• deropa1984

My favorite game was Gen I, because at the time, it was simple amazing, it made you feel so inmerse, and there was so much to discover, also i had no internet and nobody did knew anything about the game, so you had to discover everything by yourself, and every time you learned something new, you felt like you were getting better and better, and every time you found a new pokemon, it felt so cool, i remember trying so hard to capture snorlax.

It felt like a true adventure all the time, it was just so enjoyable

20 October 2017 - 06:57 AM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Original Pokemon Blue on Gameboy for me. It was the first game that really got me into gaming, I always like video games, but it was always just something to do when it was raining outside. The original pokemon game is what really got me invested into video games. 

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

22 October 2017 - 01:41 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

White version.

I think just about everyone is going to say whichever game was their first. :P

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

10 November 2017 - 01:31 PM

Eden2902

Senior Trainer

• Eden2902

Pokemon Red/Blue :D And surprise: this were my first editions ;) I am a RPG-Fan and I loved in my childhood to collect things.... Bam! perfect game for me! ;)

That game was so cool. As deropa1984 mentioned, you have to explore the game for yourself. I will buy (no question) Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, but it will not feel like Red/Blue. If you search for News, you can get nearly every information about this new games, incl. story spoiler, what legends are in and so on. Ok, this games look incredible better than the old ones, but there is much less to discover and in my opinion: if you "entry" the competitive scene, the new games mostly are searched for good new pokemon for your team rather than "I wish to explore this new world".

Closely for me was Pokemon Stadium my favourite game because I saw my Pokemon in 3d and vs friends made incredible fun and especially the final fight in heaven *.* And what was pretty cool on this games was the commentator. I played it in German and omg, it was incredible fun "Woooooaaaaaarrr mit einem Schlag KO! Da hat wohl jemand das falsche Pokemon ausgesucht!" :D :D :D

Cool topic, let me think about the good old times where IV/EV are unknown and at school goes the rumour what is with those trucks near MS Anne and where is Mew and so on. I miss this time :)

The cake is a lie!

14 November 2017 - 11:17 AM

The_Real_Bug

Expert Trainer

• The_Real_Bug

Pokemon Yellow :)

Pitsulak is the greatest Pakermon of all time :D

Edited by The_Real_Bug, 14 November 2017 - 11:17 AM.

Don't follow the trends, follow my threads

/u/The_Real_Bug_ /r/ptcgo

11 December 2017 - 04:34 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

White version.

I think just about everyone is going to say whichever game was their first. :P

In line with that... Pokémon Yellow.  :lol:

Moderator Jynthu

11 December 2017 - 06:56 PM

Mod_Rowan

• Mod_Rowan

Pokémon Colosseum for sure!

Moderator Rowan

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

18 December 2017 - 08:36 AM

Mod_Vengr

• Mod_Vengr

Gold and Silver.

Old school!  :cool:

Moderator Vengr

"I see now that one's birth is irrelevant, it is what you do, that determines who you are" - Mewtwo