EX and GX are too powerful

• Please log in to reply

05 November 2017 - 05:23 PM

tyyp1989

Rookie Trainer

• tyyp1989

how to get these EX  and nicht march the strongest decks which beats opponent with one crush

18 November 2017 - 07:25 PM

madkiwix

Novice Trainer

• madkiwix

It's broke, it has been for a long time and they are just keep covering it up with garbage.

14 December 2017 - 05:22 AM

Harion

Trainer

• Harion

i haven't gotten into standard and expanded format. seems like a place where fun goes to die. if you want to play casually, play theme. the casuals are there. i'm there.

14 December 2017 - 06:12 AM

The_Real_Bug

Expert Trainer

• The_Real_Bug

It's broke, it has been for a long time and they are just keep covering it up with garbage.

Nothing is broke.

Just get good and you'll be rolling afterwards.

Don't follow the trends, follow my threads

02 August 2018 - 02:44 AM

TheDrowned

Rookie Trainer

• TheDrowned
Ok so I been playing Pokemon TCG since the day it started long ago with Base Set. Now over the years I have seen the powercreep but back then there were insane cards like Chansey, Electabuzz and Hitmonchan. Then it was the feraligatr infinite deck and now we have EX and GX. I firmly believe if everyone was given EX/GX pokemon to build a deck around things wouldnt crash. Cards should be easily obtained, its the deck building that matters but then again, collecting cards is the name of the game. I wreck Expanded 70% of the time and I barely run EX/GX. I love killimg them though through wit and strategy. Most of the decks ive seen so far are so one note or net-decked which bores the **** outta me. Have an original idea! Play with what you love and have fun! VS is just a chill casual game. Now if you wanna be a try hard then join the tourneys. All im saying is that new players and veterans myself are bored of most decks just having the opponents drop a EX/GX and hope to win. Not with me buddy. There are cures to go against EX/GX and soon as you play them, they lose. Quite fun to do that actually.
Veteran Player of Pokemon TCG since day 1.

05 August 2018 - 10:22 PM

Realgar

Rookie Trainer

• Realgar

Today was the day i reached my breaking point. Every time i play i either have to face a staggering wall of _X cards from turn one guaranteeing frustration or i play with theme decks which defeats the whole point of collecting cards.

i have previously mentioned my frustration elsewhere before, but always had everyone jump at my throat for even bringing it up, so i'm surprised and happy to see this topic here.

I wish there was a game mode that allows made decks and does not include _X cards, but until then this game is not worth playing. Once that is added, i will reinstall the game but until then i'm taking a break.

06 August 2018 - 02:38 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

I wish there was a game mode that allows made decks and does not include _X cards.

I understand your frustration, but this isn't gonna happen for various reasons. The only thing you can do is to get used to it to be brutally honest

07 August 2018 - 04:15 PM

MewSevenSeven

Senior Trainer

• MewSevenSeven

I wish there was a game mode that allows made decks and does not include _X cards, but until then this game is not worth playing. Once that is added, i will reinstall the game but until then i'm taking a break.

Actually, you can still gather a bunch of friends who agree to not use any _X cards and play matches against each other

11 August 2018 - 08:45 AM

awesome_guy

Elite Trainer

• awesome_guy

Today was the day i reached my breaking point. Every time i play i either have to face a staggering wall of _X cards from turn one guaranteeing frustration or i play with theme decks which defeats the whole point of collecting cards.

i have previously mentioned my frustration elsewhere before, but always had everyone jump at my throat for even bringing it up, so i'm surprised and happy to see this topic here.

you may have jumped the gun on switching formats. generally i'd advise theme until you can get a fair amount of good synergistic cards. they don't always have to be exs or gxs (nightmarch, greninja, xerneas and rotom are great decks for low-medium elo levels)

if exs and gxs are giving you a lot of trouble, you might want to counter them (alolan ninetales/hoopa dark type, etc)

hopefully this helps you out ^^