EX and GX are too powerful

• Please log in to reply

05 November 2017 - 05:23 PM

tyyp1989

Rookie Trainer

• tyyp1989

how to get these EX  and nicht march the strongest decks which beats opponent with one crush

18 November 2017 - 07:25 PM

madkiwix

Novice Trainer

• madkiwix

It's broke, it has been for a long time and they are just keep covering it up with garbage.

14 December 2017 - 05:22 AM

Harion

Trainer

• Harion

i haven't gotten into standard and expanded format. seems like a place where fun goes to die. if you want to play casually, play theme. the casuals are there. i'm there.

14 December 2017 - 06:12 AM

The_Real_Bug

Expert Trainer

• The_Real_Bug

It's broke, it has been for a long time and they are just keep covering it up with garbage.

Nothing is broke.

Just get good and you'll be rolling afterwards.

Don't follow the trends, follow my threads

02 August 2018 - 02:44 AM

TheDrowned

Rookie Trainer

• TheDrowned
Ok so I been playing Pokemon TCG since the day it started long ago with Base Set. Now over the years I have seen the powercreep but back then there were insane cards like Chansey, Electabuzz and Hitmonchan. Then it was the feraligatr infinite deck and now we have EX and GX. I firmly believe if everyone was given EX/GX pokemon to build a deck around things wouldnt crash. Cards should be easily obtained, its the deck building that matters but then again, collecting cards is the name of the game. I wreck Expanded 70% of the time and I barely run EX/GX. I love killimg them though through wit and strategy. Most of the decks ive seen so far are so one note or net-decked which bores the **** outta me. Have an original idea! Play with what you love and have fun! VS is just a chill casual game. Now if you wanna be a try hard then join the tourneys. All im saying is that new players and veterans myself are bored of most decks just having the opponents drop a EX/GX and hope to win. Not with me buddy. There are cures to go against EX/GX and soon as you play them, they lose. Quite fun to do that actually.
Veteran Player of Pokemon TCG since day 1.

05 August 2018 - 10:22 PM

Realgar

Rookie Trainer

• Realgar

Today was the day i reached my breaking point. Every time i play i either have to face a staggering wall of _X cards from turn one guaranteeing frustration or i play with theme decks which defeats the whole point of collecting cards.

i have previously mentioned my frustration elsewhere before, but always had everyone jump at my throat for even bringing it up, so i'm surprised and happy to see this topic here.

I wish there was a game mode that allows made decks and does not include _X cards, but until then this game is not worth playing. Once that is added, i will reinstall the game but until then i'm taking a break.

06 August 2018 - 02:38 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

I wish there was a game mode that allows made decks and does not include _X cards.

I understand your frustration, but this isn't gonna happen for various reasons. The only thing you can do is to get used to it to be brutally honest

07 August 2018 - 04:15 PM

MewSevenSeven

Senior Trainer

• MewSevenSeven

I wish there was a game mode that allows made decks and does not include _X cards, but until then this game is not worth playing. Once that is added, i will reinstall the game but until then i'm taking a break.

Actually, you can still gather a bunch of friends who agree to not use any _X cards and play matches against each other

11 August 2018 - 08:45 AM

awesome_guy

Elite Trainer

• awesome_guy

Today was the day i reached my breaking point. Every time i play i either have to face a staggering wall of _X cards from turn one guaranteeing frustration or i play with theme decks which defeats the whole point of collecting cards.

i have previously mentioned my frustration elsewhere before, but always had everyone jump at my throat for even bringing it up, so i'm surprised and happy to see this topic here.

you may have jumped the gun on switching formats. generally i'd advise theme until you can get a fair amount of good synergistic cards. they don't always have to be exs or gxs (nightmarch, greninja, xerneas and rotom are great decks for low-medium elo levels)

if exs and gxs are giving you a lot of trouble, you might want to counter them (alolan ninetales/hoopa dark type, etc)

hopefully this helps you out ^^

21 August 2018 - 11:59 PM

nomax93800

Rookie Trainer

• nomax93800

moi je trouve que les ex sont beaucoup moins forte et utile que les gx et les cartes normale de l extension soleil et lune

22 August 2018 - 01:19 AM

Jigglypuffan

Expert Trainer

• Jigglypuffan

moi je trouve que les ex sont beaucoup moins forte et utile que les gx et les cartes normale de l extension soleil et lune

il n'a pas grand monde qui parle francais ici.. mais j'en suis 1 lol.

en effet les EX aujourd'hui sont beaucoup moins fort que les gx..

Au debut , le monde disait que les ex etait trop fort.. ensuite on a les GX.. et le monde les trouves aussi trop fort.

22 August 2018 - 01:32 AM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

il n'a pas grand monde qui parle francais ici.. mais j'en suis 1 lol.

en effet les EX aujourd'hui sont beaucoup moins fort que les gx..

Au debut , le monde disait que les ex etait trop fort.. ensuite on a les GX.. et le monde les trouves aussi trop fort.

En fait, ça dépend... Certains EX (Shaymin-EX, par exemple) ont des habiletés uniques qui ne peuvent pas vraiment êtres remplacés. Par contre, c’est sûr que la plupart des GX ont plus de PV que les EX non évolués.

Translation: Well, it depends... Some EX (Shaymin-EX, for example) have unique abilities that cannot be replaced. Although that in most cases, GX have more HP than EX that aren’t evolved.

Edited by Princess_Aurora, 22 August 2018 - 01:33 AM.

Friendship is magic!

23 August 2018 - 07:54 PM

deevoh

Junior Trainer

• deevoh

I honestly have a harder time beating night march than GX .

Here's some magic cards that can help you against EX and GX ->

Alolan ninetails from guardans rising

Hoopa from I forgot

both these shut down GX and EX pokemon from attacking 

13 September 2018 - 02:36 AM

madkiwix

Novice Trainer

• madkiwix

This game has turned into an unimaginative broke game. 

13 September 2018 - 03:47 AM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

This game has turned into an unimaginative broke game.

19 years too late mate

14 September 2018 - 12:08 AM

madkiwix

Novice Trainer

• madkiwix

19 years too late mate

No, it use to be fairly decent game and within the past 6-8 years it has rapidly progressed into a steaming garbage pile of mostly useless cards and the most unbalanced, overpowered, lame cards.

14 September 2018 - 12:17 PM

Otakutron

Senior Trainer

• Otakutron

Many Pokémon-GX aren't actually that good. In fact, a few are downright bad. So the difference here is - at worst - more consistent quality for Pokémon-GX, which might be due to the fact they aren't as prolific as non-Pokémon-GX. You might have something like 80 unique Pokémon cards in an expansion but only 10 of them are Pokémon-GX. Simply put, it ain't that Pokémon-GX are the only things giving you problems, it is that Pokémon-GX are the easiest to see. Buzzwole-GX sticks out more in your mind than regular Buzzwole or Garbodor (BKP), for example.

Oh, and I'm starting to support a "No GX-mode" only because I want to taste the salty, salty tears as all the people clamoring for it see it dominated by a handful of non-Pokémon-GX becausecards like said Buzzwole and Garbodor are going to dominate, joined by a few that were indeed eliminated from competitive play because of Pokémon-GX... but you'll still see yourself being stomped unless your were fixating on those edge cases.

No, it use to be fairly decent game and within the past 6-8 years it has rapidly progressed into a steaming garbage pile of mostly useless cards and the most unbalanced, overpowered, lame cards.

How old are you? No, really; short version is I've been playing since the game's North American release, and I always thought I knew what I was doing but every few years, I find a new mistake I had been making. 6 to 8 years ago, the game was horribly broken. It was the HS-era, and we had Pokémon Prime, many of which were significantly better than than their "regular" counterparts. Prime Pokémon were a card rarity, not a mechanic in the usual sense. Donphan Prime was just better than the normal Rare (or was it a Holo Rare?) Donphan that was also in the same set; no special game rules for either, though.

There are so many decks, cards, and strategies I swore by back in the day that I now realize weren't competitive... which means those past metagames were far less diverse than I realized. I still appreciate some past formats, but because of things like pacing issues. Which still may have been just because we (the collective player base) didn't know how to play a "faster" game.

If you do not have Private Messages enabled, it really limits you in discussing the Pokémon TCG. ;)

14 September 2018 - 03:05 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

I honestly doubt there's much here that hasn't already been said.  A this point, I think people are better off just reading through the thread.  This being true for all perspectives on the debate.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

14 September 2018 - 03:31 PM

BowserLuigi

Elite Trainer

• BowserLuigi

Except that this practice of a handful of cards being super OP compared to the rest of the junk started way back in the Base set where we see Hitmonchans and Electabuzzes flying everywhere and a bit later there's also Scyther which dealt a blow to the Hitmonchans. They just don't have an EX/GX label on them to make them look OP.

14 September 2018 - 11:49 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Except that this practice of a handful of cards being super OP compared to the rest of the junk started way back in the Base set where we see Hitmonchans and Electabuzzes flying everywhere and a bit later there's also Scyther which dealt a blow to the Hitmonchans. They just don't have an EX/GX label on them to make them look OP.

As @BowserLuigi mentioned, it's always been this way.  I've posted it before, but I remember people grumbling because "some others" had all of those "Shiny" cards, and they didn't think it was fair.  The EX cards, even the first generation, have always had a few powerful cards and strategies.  That's the point of the game -- finding and utilizing them -- isn't it?

EX, Level X, the crazy fast SP cards, more EX, and now GX.  And next comes the Tag Team cards.

When this subject comes up, doesn't it boil down to newer players not having what others do?  Isn't the heart of this debate "coveting" the good cards, and being upset that their personal collection is hard to compete with?  It's not that the game is bad, but rather, it's just expensive (or in PTCGO, takes a LOT of time and effort).

Edited by RobRatt, 14 September 2018 - 11:52 PM.