Pokemon Art

• Please log in to reply

23 September 2017 - 06:14 PM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

Hey everyone, here is a little something for everybody.  Considering how lifelike the artwork on the cards seem to be when it seems to be showing what life is like in the Pokémon World, like for example, seeing Granbull working at a Farmer's Market, or Chespin working in the fields, or even seeing a pair of Growlithes cuddling with each other while asleep, do any of them produce any emotional response from you?  Like makes you want to pull a bit of a Mary Poppins and jump into the artwork, to where you yourself become animated, and live in the Pokémon World?

Anyway, while that really would be just a dream, as for the art, kind of wishing that the Pokémon Company would add the artwork as part of their merchandise.  Like frame the art so that it could be put on the wall.  If they did, would you buy them?  Like buy one or two of them, or try to collect them all to where it seems like you're trying to start your own gallery?

As for me, I would probably buy one or two if they did started to add Pokémon Art to the inventory.  While I wouldn't mind the flashy touch, like on the TCGO game, where the flash cards have a vibrating shiny look, not sure how else I could describe it, to where it makes the pictures jump out at you, but after a while, they might cause a few headaches after looking at them if they were made as shiny as on the online game.

Well, that's it for me, feel free to share.  I know about the sculptures, and those I wouldn't mind finding also, but well, lets just say, I would have to be the adult and see if I can afford it.

24 September 2017 - 09:57 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

I don't know if I would buy it for its own sake, but I definately love card art.  That LTr Growlithe you mentioned is one of my faves- but I think my no. 1 is Steam Seige Nidoran male.  That one I would buy.  Absolutely gorgeous. :wub:

One thing I like to do is look at a bunch of obscure cards- ones that were never comptetitive, so I can't recognize them- and try to guess what era they're from based on the art style.  I think that First Format cards and HGSS are the easiest to identify- but I also do a pretty good job with B&W since that's where I started collecting.

The rest of the world must act as they see fit.  If TPCi insists on keeping the Chat canned, that is their decision.

But that does not stop me from opposing it.

And I will oppose it forever.

17 March 2018 - 11:01 PM

capracanis

Rookie Trainer

• capracanis

there's a whole community on insta of people who extend the card art and make it the whole card and sell them if you were interested in that! my username on there is [Edited by Mod_Jynthu - Sharing personal information is not permitted]  :)

Edited by Mod_Jynthu, 18 March 2018 - 02:53 AM.
Removed personal information

18 March 2018 - 02:55 AM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello Trainers,

Please remember that sharing personal information, such as usernames, is against the forum rules.

Thanks!

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

18 March 2018 - 02:22 PM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

I don't know if I would buy it for its own sake, but I definately love card art.  That LTr Growlithe you mentioned is one of my faves- but I think my no. 1 is Steam Seige Nidoran male.  That one I would buy.  Absolutely gorgeous. :wub:

One thing I like to do is look at a bunch of obscure cards- ones that were never comptetitive, so I can't recognize them- and try to guess what era they're from based on the art style.  I think that First Format cards and HGSS are the easiest to identify- but I also do a pretty good job with B&W since that's where I started collecting.

I really like card art as well!

Moderator RedDragon

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

18 March 2018 - 09:21 PM

Princess_Aurora

Veteran Trainer

• Princess_Aurora

Or... There can be a service where you incorporate your own drawing into a tournament-legal card chassis... The card would still have the same HP, attacks, abilities, etc as the usual one, but the custom artwork would offer infinite possibilities. 

Not only World Championships would be a good place to see top-tier decks, but it can also showcase some talented artists. How cool would that be if you had a whole deck of custom-art cards with you or your favourite companions in it?

Edited by Princess_Aurora, 18 March 2018 - 09:22 PM.

Friendship is magic!

18 March 2018 - 11:08 PM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

I  don't know, but I'm thinking about putting those big cards you get in collection boxes into frames, and hang those.  Since they are about 10x bigger then the average card, it's either hang them, or put them into a place not to be heard from again.

19 March 2018 - 03:51 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

That's an awesome idea, GrewupGeek! I might have to try that out myself!

Moderator Jynthu
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

26 March 2018 - 09:09 AM

Mod_Diamond

Novice Trainer

• Mod_Diamond

I actually did that exact thing GrewupGeek, it was kind of hard to find frames that I liked that were fitting of the cards, but it turned out fantastic.  I figured there was no point in just storing them in a box haha!

02 April 2018 - 08:20 AM

Mod_Gunning

Senior Trainer

• Mod_Gunning

Putting cards in frames is something they deserve GrewupGeek! That's a lovely idea. Nice artwork should be visible for people to enjoy it!

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!