- - - - -

Realistic Pokemon Game

• Please log in to reply

22 September 2017 - 01:51 AM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

Hey folks, with November coming out with a fresh batch of Pokemon Games for the Switch and the 3DS, although I guess it might become the 2DS pretty soon, and with the game the Pokemon Co. announched for the Switch that would come out either in 2018 or 2019, right now, kind of hoping this console game, which is supposed to be a mainline Pokémon RPG, turns out to be the real deal and not one of those sounds too good to be true kind of deals.  Anyway, while not sure who is working on it, wither it's Genius Sonority, the company that did most of the Pokémon side games, like Colosseum and Ranger, or somebody else, but if it is Game Freak that is working on it, I hope they really give it their all by trying to use whatever the Switch has available, along with maybe connecting the game somehow to the handheld, wither through wifi, or Pokémon Bank, or something different.

Anyway, when I say realistic, while I might also be describing an MMORPG, also depending on if the game is going to be pretty close to one, is that instead of a console version games, make it more open world, where traveling isn't restricted, along with being given the chance to say give your character a chance to camp out with the pokemon you have, even showing the pokemon sleeping beside your character, doubling as guards, so to speak, and for extra effect, sleeping by regular means helps the pokemon regain their HP, PP and recover from whatever stats are effecting them.

Another, using a little something from Pokémon Snap, is to have the Pokémon out in the open, no more ambushes, make them life like as possible, to where if they bump into each other, they fight, or say, show a flock of flying types, school of water types, even showing say a wailord jumping out of the ocean once in a while and gives you a chance to pick which ones you want to capture or battle, with the only ambushes happening if you walk into a trap, or say, step on a pokemon's tail, and they lash out in retaliation.  Even make it where most flying and water type pokemon, along with those with the levitating abilities, aren't restricted to one specific location, and can be found just about anywhere.

And maybe, to give the protagonist a more human touch, make it where, if you find the pokemon wounded, sick, something that requires help, you have the character take care of it, and when the pokemon is healthy, make it where the pokemon chooses if it wants to go along with you, or splits, with no strings attached.

And finally, to take a little something from Hey You Pikachu, make it where the pokemon move around on their own power, to where you actually get to see them dodge, evade, fly, dig, and with a mic, or headset, or something, you get to command your pokemon like in the anime, like telling the pokemon to dodge, or use a certain attack.

Well, these are the ideas I could come up with at the moment.  If there are anything you would like to see happen in a Pokémon game, especially a console one, feel free to share.  Moderators always welcomed to share an idea.

22 September 2017 - 06:45 AM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Sounds awesome! :)

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

22 September 2017 - 12:21 PM

TimeFliesTDay

Rookie Trainer

• TimeFliesTDay

1 life per Pokemon- none of that "It's knocked out". It would encourage more people to venture and not just for xp.

22 September 2017 - 05:39 PM

GrewupGeek

Veteran Trainer

• GrewupGeek

1 life per Pokemon- none of that "It's knocked out". It would encourage more people to venture and not just for xp.

That might make the revive seem even more like the Phoenix Down items from the Final Fantasy games.

23 September 2017 - 12:24 PM

theotherguytm

Expert Trainer

• theotherguytm

Perma-death in Pokémon?!

It was pretty sad for me first time it happened when I was playing XCOM.

Now how would a 5-year-old react?!

This is my OTHER signature.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/42500-the-mindless-nonsense-begins-my-ideas/