How to avoid players with EX and GX cards

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

02 June 2018 - 07:16 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Real Pokemon Trainers though... they love their Pokemon. 

I wish I didn't, but I can't help feeling annoyed when I read your posts, where the two of you banter back and forth about "cute" Pokémon, and a quote from a cartoon (Karen) about "playing with your favorites."

In the video games, I can almost see it.  You have a team, and they're animated.  Yet, in the TCG, if someone is building "cute" or "fun" decks, they very likely suck -- terribly.  Beyond the age of 12, deck selection is about written text Attacks, and the "trainer engine" that supports them.  Can we move on?

Edited by RobRatt, 02 June 2018 - 07:40 PM.

02 June 2018 - 08:30 PM

ZotiMoon

Junior Trainer

• ZotiMoon

I wish I didn't, but I can't help feeling annoyed when I read your posts, where the two of you banter back and forth about "cute" Pokémon, and a quote from a cartoon (Karen) about "playing with your favorites."

In the video games, I can almost see it.  You have a team, and they're animated.  Yet, in the TCG, if someone is building "cute" or "fun" decks, they very likely suck -- terribly.  Beyond the age of 12, deck selection is about written text Attacks, and the "trainer engine" that supports them.  Can we move on?

Get over it. 

And, that's exactly the point: it isn't about: 'in the TCG, if someone is building 'cute' or 'fun' decks, they very likely suck - terribly. Beyond the age of 12, deck selection is about written Attacks, and the 'trainer engine' that supports them.'

People can do whatever they like with their decks. As I have said on every post I made in this thread... whatever works for you is fine.

Not everyone will always agree with you, or share your opinion. Life is tough like that. I suspect the most difficult thing of all of it for you to grasp, is that there isn't a right or wrong way of doing it.

Insulting anyone who sees things differently from you is actually immature though. 

Edited by ZotiMoon, 02 June 2018 - 08:59 PM.

Bika Bika!!

- Pikachu 

02 June 2018 - 09:45 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

People can do whatever they like with their decks. As I have said on every post I made in this thread... whatever works for you is fine.

Not everyone will always agree with you, or share your opinion. Life is tough like that. I suspect the most difficult thing of all of it for you to grasp, is that there isn't a right or wrong way of doing it.

Insulting anyone who sees things differently from you is actually immature though. 

I have great respect for Rogue deck builders, and over the years have met a few really good ones.  But constructively playing "different" decks (or playing anti-meta) in order to win events is not the tone you've been using.  It's hasn't been helpful either.

Besides the "Real Pokemon Trainers love their Pokemon." comment, which suggests superiority, you've made many disparaging remarks.  That's what provoked my response.  Throwing out barbs, and then clarifying with, "it's okay to be different" is still an insult.

See what I mean, in just a couple of your posts?

I see so many ugly decks... no offence, they are all Pokemon... but, ugh.

A lot of 'popular' cards I would never use in my deck.

Winning is everything, for some; and cute Pokemon don't figure in that, except by chance.

...built with zero imagination

...they can't see alternatives; winning is still everything

Elitist quibblers! Get 'em everywhere, sadly.

Elitist meta gamers are, by definition, the minority.

And now, you would like to say you're being inclusive?

If you want to be cutesy, that's fine with me.  Some of us need the easy wins.  But to chatter about the rest of us playing with ugly cards, lacking imagination, being obsessed with winning, or being elitist is unacceptable.

PTCGO is an end to a means for many.  And for some, just practice for real world events.  But please, could you drop the whole "Gotta Love Your Pokémon Cards" shtick?  Would anyone recommend the next time we fly halfway across the country, paying hotel and registration fees for a Regionals, that we "think cute, or go home?"

Edited by RobRatt, 02 June 2018 - 10:10 PM.

02 June 2018 - 10:14 PM

Mod_Elderberry

• Mod_Elderberry

Hello Trainers,

The question that OP asked in September has been answered. If you want to avoid players with EX and GX cards, you can play in Theme format.

Because the subsequent replies have not added new insight nor information to the conversation, this thread is now closed.

Moderator Elderberry
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!